Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

NOVAROSSI P5 VS. REX P5X

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 01:33 AM
mosavage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NOVAROSSI P5 VS. REX P5X

Im understand that they are about the same engine. i wanna put a motor in my jammin and i was wondering which one is more powerful and easy to tune. any experiences negative or positive would be great.
thanx
Old 03-21-2006, 05:36 AM
scrapheep

Default RE: NOVAROSSI P5 VS. REX P5X

On the ouside they are a different color...on the inside they are identical...same engine.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:58 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

the Rex, Top, Nova Rossi versions are the same with just different heads

But the P5"X" has a larger rear bearing, and comes with the different 2 needle (no splash bar adjustment) carb.

p.s
the top p5 I ran all last year was awesome, and still is, about 4 gallons in and still running strong

I have a new p5X bolted to the new buggy,,, I'll have to let ya know on that one, but I'm sure it will be just as good

You really can't go wrong with any P5 version
Old 03-22-2006, 02:47 PM
CB1

the p5 is the engine at my track. we are finding the p5x actually has a little more power than the reg. p5 mine really flies it runs with every motor ive seen at my track [>:] ive got 5 gallons through mine still got great pinch and still flies
Old 03-22-2006, 02:54 PM
mxboy100

Hey mosavage,
Have u seen my buggy at ARC, i am running the p5x rex in my mugen sometimes on wed. pratices. Its a great motor, i think it is the perfect motor for a buggy at arc for its tight turns and small straight. But since i know that u have a jammin truggy, i dont know if i would recommend it. I am running the nova 9886 pipe for top end and my buggy tops out pretty early even at our track on the small straight. What, ur V-spec is already dead???

If i were u i would continue running v-spec, easy to tune, unlike the picco p7r i also have, and gets good mileage, which is VERY important in truggy class.

O wait, r u the little brother? the one with the jammin buggy?
If so i would HIGHLY recommend this engine.

Just dont get frustrated during the first 2 gallons, theres so much pinch that the piston will easily get stuck. Hard to get started
Old 03-23-2006, 11:28 AM
mosavage

Well, me the little brother, has a jammin too. my oder brother just got one. he wants to put a new motor in there. I have a red body and white wing. My bro has a all white buggy. V spec? ***. my brother got the jammin buggy instaed of the truggy
Old 04-29-2006, 11:51 AM
noximus

i am running the REX P5 in my LSP as of right now..

i will say this..for the money, you wont find a motor in the same price range to perform at those levels..i think after i have run this motor to its last breath..i will rebuild it and buy another P5..i ran my motor in a 20 minute main..the temps never rised, the run time was very consistant, and did i mention its smooth? i hope this motor wont kill it for me to try out other motors..cause i am iffy on trying new things when something works great for me as it is.

and like what was said before, the top, nova, rex...all the same, just pick which color head you like.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:41 PM
dirthead

I need to rebuild my p5x, what do you guys reccomend, I'm looking at new piston\sleeve, and maybe conrod?
Old 06-25-2008, 05:18 PM
relay8039

NR all day have the P5X and the 5KT. love them both. P5 is great on tight tracks. Both tune out easy and are always consitant. I am sold and am going to stick with NR only because I know my problems with winning races is not the engine. It is the guy holding the transmitter.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:58 AM
matrixfreak

Hey can anyone tell if when you upgrade the standard plug novarossi p5x to the turbo head button plug , does it make a difference?
Old 09-06-2008, 12:16 PM
sh0wtime

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you'll prob get an extra couple of hundred RPM out of it at the top end but you'll notice little difference from behind the transmitter

well maybe that the plugs are a touch more expensive [:-]
Old 09-06-2008, 01:02 PM
NewKid
My Feedback: (1)

the rex motor runs like a champ as well as the p5 same engine just dif color head..my homie had a rex p5w/jp-2 that thing was fast...i had a p5 on my losi truggy(when i ran that) and it was fast on an os 2050 pipe you can't go wrong with nova p5 it's not the fastest motor out there but it's a good motor
Old 09-07-2008, 02:36 PM
adz06

i owned the orignal novarossi p5 lasted 12 gallons was bit tempormental some times with tune. i have the new novarossi p5xs i have done a seasons racing with it lost count of number of gallons i would guess arund 6-7 i run8mm carb insert jp-03 pipe and i still get at least 12 min runtimes no problem average runing temp sits at 121 degrees c after a 1hour A main the engine run like a dream i have recently purchased a novarossi plus 21-7 engine have only just finished breaking it in.