Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Springs and things (Hyper 7)

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 09:05 PM
Reindeer
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Springs and things (Hyper 7)

I have a couple of questions. First, what is the relationship between spring colors and firmness ratings (example black = firm) for the Hyper 7? Second, what (if any) cross-compatability is there with springs from other manufacturers?
Old 03-22-2006, 09:46 PM
Super_Dave

Default RE: Springs and things (Hyper 7)

The color is just whatever the manufacture felt like putting on that stiffness spring... which I don't like I'd rather not let my competition know what I'm running . Otherwise each manufacture has their own ratings for what is firm or soft. Usually the softer the shock oil you run the softer of a spring you want. If you have a firm spring with 30 weight oil in the shocks your suspension will rebound very fast making it feel kind of like you have nothing but air in your shocks. You can always use springs from another company on most shocks as long as they fit. Best thing to do is to ask some of the faster guys around your local track and ask them what their suspension setup is... what size piston holes, oil, and springs. It will atleast be a good base for you to go from.
Old 03-24-2006, 04:21 AM
Reindeer
My Feedback: (25)

Default RE: Springs and things (Hyper 7)

Thanks for the tips Dave!

This is what I'm thinking for a baseline:

5/7/1 for the diffs
45 F/35 R Shocks
Ofna Black (med-firm) springs
Pistons drilled #54 (1.3mm)
2.4mm front stabilizer bar
Tires... you seem to like Komodo Dragons.

Track: Open, mostly flat. Alternates between grass and packed dirt. Surface is currently being treated with a roller, so it should be smooth.

Thoughts? Opinions?