Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

ofna raverger VS ofna ultra mbx comp

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!
View Poll Results: A poll
ofna ultra mbx comp
40.00%
ofna ravenger
60.00%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

ofna raverger VS ofna ultra mbx comp

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 01:26 PM
lilEdwards99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ofna raverger VS ofna ultra mbx comp

i need a buggy for racing but mostly bashing. me and my friends race in my backyard. what is fast and durable.

nick
Old 03-28-2006, 03:14 PM
1/8racer

Default RE: ofna raverger VS ofna ultra mbx comp

go with the ravager much faster
Old 03-28-2006, 04:37 PM
Super_Dave

The ravager is basically an updated LX comp and the LX comp is an updated MBX . So the ravager is at the top of that list. For any ofna you buy you need atleast new servos right out of the box and I highly recommend buying a new radio and battery pack for the reciever. There is no cheap way to get into 1/8 buggies and if you try to be cheap from the start you'll pay for it later.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:14 PM
1/8racer

so very true dave......hey dave i have a radio Q can i get some help
Old 03-28-2006, 08:21 PM
1CE

if i had to pick between those two i would go for the ravager (iv herd thats the better out of those two buggies mentioned but i have never driven eather). However your best option is to save up more cash and look into the mayhem rtr. Its far supperior to these two ofna buggys im my opinion. Yes, it costs more however in the end you will be saving yourself. I work in a hobby shop doing repairs and the ofna buggys are always waiting to be fixed.

**any ofna people** This is my opinion, please dont take it the wrong way.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:47 PM
strong

Don't know about the ultra mbx but I have the ravager and it's really durable and with the picco 28 or force 28 it's fast to.I have to close my eyes sometime when I miss a jump and it starts to kart-wheel..........But it just keeps going.......just make sure your knuckle arm bolt stay tight and everything else is really hard to break.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:33 PM
Super_Dave

I'm with ICE on this one. I really hate ofna honestly (besides the hyper 8 but thats technically a HoBao ) Just because they put dirt cheap electronics in their buggies and normally crappy engines but the force .28 that comes in the ravager is a good engine. There are much better buggies that you can buy like the mayhem which is just as tough in every way, handles better then a ravager along with weighing about a pound and a half less, also you never need to upgrade your electronics.... ever... unless you break a servo. Its much less trouble to deal with if you buy a mayhem so you'll be running when you take it out of the box and not upgrading it right out of the box.

1/8racer if you have a question you can PM me about it. If I don't know the answer then just make a thread about it I'm sure someone here will.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:44 PM
strong

True.....the electronics could be better and I am just a beginner.... but the times I have bashed with guys or even try to raced with them, seem like something always breaks on theirs plus they seem like breaking parts all the time is normal....... and so far really all I think I have broke is my antenna tube .89 cent.........and me and other drivers at the track have beat the ravager up (I think)really bad .......but if there is a better one out there then that will be my next one.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:42 AM
whitetrashmafia99

dont be retarded like me and buy the ultra mbx comp, its the worse rc i have baught yet, my friend got the violator with the force 28 and mine came with the 26, the 28 is so much stronger than the 26 wich is now burned up. the "ez start" is not cool, after about a month the electric motor stopped working (about the same time i decided the force 26 was worthless). The radio that comes with the buggy is like a cheaper version of tower hobbies cheapest 2 channel radio, the servo's are crap, the yellow and blue tires just started to bother me, everyone made fun of it because it does in fact look like a clown car.

Ace hobbies- I have never herd of this company but i spontaniously ordered a 375 dollar buggy from them because i just had to beat my friends violator, they had a ad in some rc magazine i was flipping through. I called their store in california to order the buggy, i started getting worried because i have never delt with them only tower and decided i shouldnt take the chance so i called back to cancel the order and the guy claimed it was in the mail already so i couldnt get a refund. it finally showed up after being shipped 2 days after purchase and the factory seal was broken, i was worried.....

the spring holding on the exhaust header was missing, the transmitter had a diffrent crystal than the receiver so i had to put another 2 channel radio in before i could even use the "RTR", the fuel bottle and something else included was not in the box and the motor seemed to be used, i called them and they would only offer me something else at a discounted price.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:19 AM
grinch92

Ravager, no doubt. Just buy a steering servo when you buy the buggy. Mine stripped during break in.
I'm still using stock throttle servo. Works fine.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:10 PM
kthammond

I just purchased the Ultra MBX Comp Pro and as a electric competer I have run the ranks in buying the average and working to the Pro Mod buggies and trucks. I hope that for the most part swapping electronics is the worst of it. Having 8 trucks and cars most Team issue, Losi or AE, I have always respected OFNA as the GAS Buggy innovators. I will take everyone's advice and swap out electronics and from there go for the new motor. Other than that I will break in with this unit and then go for the gusto and get the LOSI.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:56 PM
rshooch

My friend who got me into 1/8 buggies has a turmoil pro arr. We mess around and raced around the ballpark diamond and I race him with my ultra lx1 wich is my bashing buggy it makes it alot funner we come out 50 50 on who wins.. When I run my jammin x1x crft he has no chance. We are not the best of drivers but when I let him rum my jammin and I run the turmoil after the first turn hes gone no way I could catch him.. and as far as the ofna buggy being weak its not unless i recived the one and only super durable one. As far as the ravenger never drove one but it dose seem to have more race potental and im sure its strong to.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:10 PM
jonnymac

The ravagers not really a race buggy (or the MBX for that matter), Its a bit of a barge.
It is pretty tough though. These low end Hong Nor (OFNA) buggies are much more aimed at backyard basher's these days. That's not to say you won't get fun racing it, but it will be an uphill struggle and you will buy another sooner rather than later.
Nice old thread BTW
Old 01-07-2008, 04:33 PM
Dokioto

ORIGINAL: jonnyma
Nice old thread BTW
I was thinking the same thing...[sm=bananahead.gif]

Out of those two I would get the Raverger though. The [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXRSU8&P=ML]Ofna Ultra LX One[/link] looks like a great buggy.. Still haven't broke mine in yet (to cold)[:@]