Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

WIERDEST BROKEN MOTOR STORY YOU WILL EVER HEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

WIERDEST BROKEN MOTOR STORY YOU WILL EVER HEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 10:22 AM
1/8racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WIERDEST BROKEN MOTOR STORY YOU WILL EVER HEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok,.......i bought an OFNA ravager {and dont let this run in steer you away from the car} broke it in 3 tanks and during there was a wierd RATTLING, but i didnt think much of it....... So assembly line guys goofed up the gear mesh, it was cocked and too close, so i proceeded to loosen the motor for an adjust. Loosen up one alan, loosen up 2 alan AND A CHUNK OF THE MOUNTING FLANGE OFF THE BLOCK CRACKS OFF, i go in for a closer look, THE ENTIRE MOUNTING FLANGE HAS CRACKED OFF. WHAT A PIECE!!!!!!!!!

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK IS IT USED OR CAN THEY SEND ME A NEW ONE

DONT GET ME WRONG I LOVE THE CAR JUST NOT THE MOTOR
Old 04-16-2006, 11:13 AM
hn racing

Default RE: WIERDEST BROKEN MOTOR STORY YOU WILL EVER HEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whats the gear mesh? im new and i dont know
Old 04-16-2006, 11:16 AM
Super_Dave

Default RE: WIERDEST BROKEN MOTOR STORY YOU WILL EVER HEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow.... thats the first time I hear of that one. I'd deffinatly call ofna about it.

HN the gear mesh is how the spur gear and the clutch bell gear fit together.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:21 AM
hn racing

thanks
Old 04-16-2006, 11:03 PM
thopper

I have broken the flange before. The cost of a new block is usually too much to pursue a repair.