Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Evolution of 1/8 buggies is on our doorstep !!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Evolution of 1/8 buggies is on our doorstep !!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 09:27 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Evolution of 1/8 buggies is on our doorstep !!!

sman, good point, hadn't thought of that, LOL.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:41 PM
SManMTB

Old 08-30-2006, 11:28 PM
zaintlouis

IF it's just around 600$ that's awesomely a fair price tag for new innovative piece of hardware. compared to KIII that goes way beyond 800 or 900 at it's first release.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:05 AM
razzor

The Eight has been getting good results in the States but why havent they got any running at the worlds ???
If they had a few at the worlds with the drivers they have ,they should have been able to prove how good the buggy is against the best in the world.
Or did they see too much competition.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:42 AM
MugenSickly

I find it interesting how everyone argues 'balance','innovation'...

Ok, lets argue that they put the engine DEAD CENTER of the car. Better balance right.

What servos are you using? What battery pack? What Screws? What receiver? What pipe? Wheres your fuel tube run? Car could be overly right side heavy, or it could be spot on.

Ok, now lets put ALL weight in the dead center (impossible but ok elts try it).

Hmm, car leans 10 mm left. All waight is now left of center. Roll.

The fact of the matter is, that you need weight distrubution on all sides of the car. How much? depends on your components. As for the fuel tank. That then depends on a 100 variables. How far forward? I donno, how far back is your engine? What battery pack? etc etc.

So the car gets a little out of wack here and there. As the tank runs low on fuel, nose/tail weight changes.

What I am saying, is that yes, basic changes are great, but depending on setup, its all trial and error. Realistically, most buggies drive simarly, but IMHO, if its bullettproff and finishes races, it has a lot better chance of winning. If you can make a fix fast, and easy maintenence, you can win a race.

If I had to guess, the straight drivetrain on the losi, is more to reduce friction in the center shafts, than for weight, but weight sure is a good marketing strategy.

This team magic car looks pretty cool. Im sure some of the innovations will move on to the next generation, and some will be laughed off. Just like every new car that tries to do something different.

The losi car is not that innovative. They are taking (as they should, im not nocking them) some of the best pieces of all of the different cars and piecing them together, and tying up loose ends in the process. Its their marketing that is innovative. A lot of the things that people are raving about are already on the CL-1, the hyper8, the mugen.

I like losi, im sure ill own an 8 at some point. I bought a hyper 8 because I wanted to see what it was all about.

As for the taiwan labor, theres a lot of taiwan companies that make 'parts' for 'top of the line' companies, and you never know it. Having been to china, the cost of business there is MUCH lower than here, the people are very serious about what they do. They do excelent work and have excelent worksmanship, even on some of their nockoff products

Not anyone can buy a cnc machine, and start making parts. Its a lot more difficult than that, not to mention a good machine is terribly expensive, that is unless you can get one frm taiwan
Old 08-31-2006, 10:17 AM
Super_Dave

Keep in mind the farther you move everything into the center of the chassis the less a difference in weight is noticable fromt side to side too. Of course your only going to notice so much of a difference when you just move some weight around but look at how tightly packed and centered they put the weight on this chassis from pics in the other thread. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_41..._6/key_/tm.htm Compair the pic that you see from the front of the 8ight to one from the M1 and you'll just see a big difference. With that much weight taken off the sides of the chassis and placed tightly packed in the center I can guarentee your going to notice a decent difference in the way it handles. I'm not saying the 8ight will hail with greatness or anywhere near that most of its still driver. But my rival and me at his track are dead even in skill and the only way for us to go any faster is to have a buggy that lets us drive it faster. Consistancy is something I'd still like to work on usually my laps are within the same 1-2 seconds but I'm hoping the 8ight will help me with that. The M1 will be a great buggy but I think you can still get a better one for the same price .
Old 08-31-2006, 10:21 AM
SManMTB

If you put all weight along the centerline the moment of inertia will be lower in the roll axis... so it can move around the roll axis easier, not always good IMO.

Just throwing a monkey wrench in the discussion here.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:27 AM
Super_Dave

Yeah I didn't think of that one Chris . I can still talk all I want but we wont know untill we drive it! [:@]
Old 08-31-2006, 01:22 PM
kx250ryder

ORIGINAL: razzor

The Eight has been getting good results in the States but why havent they got any running at the worlds ???
If they had a few at the worlds with the drivers they have ,they should have been able to prove how good the buggy is against the best in the world.
Many U.S. drivers didn't go to the Worlds for saftey concerns (Jared Tebo being another). It has nothing to do with being afraid to enter the buggy at an international level, as it does with the fact that it is considered dangerous to be a U.S. citizen abroad in the Middle East right now. The 8ights are going to be at the Novarossi race in the U.K this weekend instead.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:26 PM
razzor

OK .
But it doesnt give us a true representation of drivers and thier cars performing at THE event like the WORLDS.
Ill keep track of info on the Novarossi Cup.
The coverage of the WORLDS on Sgrid has been awesome but with the Eight there ,it would have been so much more exciting.
Even if teamMagic had one or two M1's would have created some hype.

Must say with teh variety of brands available ,1/8 buggy class is getting very competitive and exciting.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:18 AM
razzor

M1 buggy ,might be a ugly duckling , but its looking good.Lets see how she runs !
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu59685.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	552324   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy79616.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	552325  
Old 11-01-2006, 10:21 PM
1CE

i really like the look of this buggy... i just recently purchased an 8ight because it was available and was produced by a more reputable company. But i still like the M1... its just cool; i know there are alot of "stupid" ideas but i still really want one... and if for nothing else i just want to build it and then sell it on ebay. The thing looks neat and i think there are a few good ideas integrated into the buggy. if the price is right i may still get one however i wish they would release more pictures and information...
Old 11-01-2006, 11:30 PM
arghh

if not mistake the price would be around us840.. wauuu the expensive one..
Old 11-02-2006, 12:17 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

no, that's the MSRP. street price shouldn't be more than $600.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:58 AM
paechy

when will this buggy become avalible to buy and will vids of it be out soon.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:42 AM
Da Smak
Banned

ORIGINAL: kx250ryder

Many U.S. drivers didn't go to the Worlds for saftey concerns (Jared Tebo being another). It has nothing to do with being afraid to enter the buggy at an international level, as it does with the fact that it is considered dangerous to be a U.S. citizen abroad in the Middle East right now. The 8ights are going to be at the Novarossi race in the U.K this weekend instead.
I think an American has more chance of geting out of the Middle east OK than he does geting out The Bronx in one piece. So maybe if your tiny minded puppet president hadn't p155ed the world off then this excuse would not have been used for the buggies no show at the worlds. Fact is they are not confident it's Tamiyaesque design can stand up to race conditions on the public stage.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:37 AM
1CE

ORIGINAL: Grahama89

ORIGINAL: kx250ryder

I think an American has more chance of geting out of the Middle east OK than he does geting out The Bronx in one piece. So maybe if your tiny minded puppet president hadn't p155ed the world off then this excuse would not have been used for the buggies no show at the worlds. Fact is they are not confident it's Tamiyaesque design can stand up to race conditions on the public stage.
Grahama89; what did you expect us to do following September 11th? Just stand around and act like it never happened? clearly some action needed to take place. Weather you like it or not the USA is playing world police, because we have to, I would like to see your country stop terror attacks with fancy words and complements. clearly some sort of action needed to take place to help prevent further incidents. If you don’t like what our country is doing i suggest that you guys act on it rather than sit around talking about what should be done. I don’t mean to start a fight however when someone criticizes my country I always ask myself what their country (the UK in your case) is doing to help the greater good of the world. I can assure you that we would greatly appreciate any help in the war on terror from our friends across the pond.
Old 11-04-2006, 01:13 PM
ringneck

yes and how many of OUR troops are over their risking THEIR lives and dying to so WE can end the war on terror and i dont see much help over there for us. and who is gonna stop that mad man in north korea from launching war heads?, probley the good ol USA!!!!! all by our lonesome selfs AGAIN!!!! PEACE!!!
Old 11-05-2006, 01:01 AM
djhobby

I got to see the buggy up close and check it out at IHobby Expo. Its really cool looking. The laydown servos was different than anything I have seen. The buggy seemed pretty light. I think it would handle really well. They told me the price will be $600.00. Not to bad for what you get. I also looked at the losi 8 with Adam Drake right there to answer all the question I had. After seeing them both at the show I liked the losi better for some thing and the magic for others. Tough choice either way.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:25 AM
Da Smak
Banned

[sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif]

Let's look at some of the attempts the GOOD OL USA has had before at POLICING the world.

Exhibit A. Vietnam, yeah way to go. Asses kicked by Charlie.

Exhibit B. Iraq, well done, the troops anally bullheaded approach to diplomacy is getting people killed for no reason. (BTW so far I have served 18 months in that hell hole because the US falsified evidence of WMDs). Saddam was found guilty and sentenced to Hang, but only after appeal. But the lies the US told to get an alliance are inexcusable.

Exhibit C. The Mog, well lets just say that went so smooth they made a movie about it.

Your troops dieing? They are only being killed from their own stupidity in most cases. What I have witnessed working alongside them is a pure invincibility complex, while I'm wearing my full body armour, your guys are in shorts and tee-shirts, and they wonder why they are the target? Personally I'd go for the easy kill too. Before you start praising your troops first think about your nations policies, if you didn't presume the world was guilty then maybe the world wouldn't be on your case. The Americans that did attend the worlds were infact more than welcome in Jakarta, so I think your excuse for their absense is complete bollox.

TBH the easiest thing to spot in london is a yank, it's not the way they dress or even the massive camera round their necks (yes the japs do it too) but the way thayt you can hear them a mile away screaming out "GODDAMN" every 5 seconds.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:11 AM
andreas78

What the hell is going on here? [:'(] This is not about politics, it`s about tiny little RC Buggies. Now stop posting all this b***s*** here, go to a different forum. You guys are so annoying....
[sm=thumbs_down.gif]

Andi
Old 11-05-2006, 08:34 AM
Da Smak
Banned

Andreas, the politics is the excuse as to why the TM buggy never showed at the worlds. I have said my piece on it, but your post is obviously one of those that just reads the last entry and scripts something up to look good.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:24 AM
damon jato

oooooooo this buggy sounds sick i might have to get a job and buy one when they come out because it sounds like this think is very technical lol i might need a degree to use it lol naa but it seems like a very hitec buggy i cant wait until its released
Old 11-05-2006, 10:58 AM
andreas78

Andreas, the politics is the excuse as to why the TM buggy never showed at the worlds. I have said my piece on it, but your post is obviously one of those that just reads the last entry and scripts something up to look good.
I think you are the one who didn't read the entries. You guys were talking about the Losi buggy not showing up at the Worlds not the Team Magic buggy.
By the way, it's not my post that reads and writes an entry.... it's me .
Ok, let's stop it now and get back to topic, the new Buggy from Team Magic.

Andi
Old 11-05-2006, 12:12 PM
razzor

ORIGINAL: andreas78

I think you are the one who didn't read the entries. You guys were talking about the Losi buggy not showing up at the Worlds not the Team Magic buggy.
By the way, it's not my post that reads and writes an entry.... it's me .
Ok, let's stop it now and get back to topic, the new Buggy from Team Magic.

Andi
Ditto !!

Hope you guys find some other forum to voice your opinions ,this one is for TM M1 buggy.
Looking at the pics from Ihobby there hasbeen some refinements / updates ,so know its left to get onto the tracks and feed back from racers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.