Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Reason #3287 why you should NEVER use cheap parts

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Reason #3287 why you should NEVER use cheap parts

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 05:44 PM
slodsm
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reason #3287 why you should NEVER use cheap parts

Nothing like drilling out screw heads that are stripped on your nice Kyosho chassis with only ONE race on it because you needed some screws and the hobby shop didn't have the good ones.

THIS is why you should never settle for second best, it will cost you in the long run.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:54 PM
Kemo

Default RE: Reason #3287 why you should NEVER use cheap parts

THIS is why you should never settle for second best, it will cost you in the long run.
Or just one race Good advice and a lesson for everyone.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:02 PM
mgtman

thats just my one peave about kyosho also,i own the sp2 and love it, but the god dam stock screws really suck ,going to order tonyscrews tomorrow , they really are the best [8D]
Old 06-26-2006, 08:54 PM
1CE

you need to invest in a screw kit it seems like alot of money at first but it will save u in the long run 4 shure.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:29 PM
slodsm

ORIGINAL: mgtman

thats just my one peave about kyosho also,i own the sp2 and love it, but the god dam stock screws really suck ,going to order tonyscrews tomorrow , they really are the best [8D]
tony's screws are the absolute BOMB. I just finished replacing every screw in the buggy with them.

1ce, they aren't expensive at all. 30 bucks for labeled high quality hardware to replace EVERYTHING on the buggy? That's a steal. I just couldn't get them in time and I did one race stock. Great idea seeing as how I went from 2nd to dead last 18 minutes into the main because the ackerman arm's right side screw sheared on me. Should have just held out but it's been a good while (3 years) since I raced competitively and I had the itch so bad after building this buggy there was no choice lol.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:06 PM
1CE

[/quote]

1ce, they aren't expensive at all. 30 bucks for labeled high quality hardware to replace EVERYTHING on the buggy? That's a steal.
[/quote]

i agree with you 100% 30 bux is nothing in the rc world! i work in a hobby shop and costomers always complain about the price of screw kits so im just used to saying "yeah its expensive but it will save u in the long run"
Old 06-27-2006, 03:51 PM
slodsm

LMAO, I understand that. I spend more than that on tires and entry fees every week, more like double.

I understand it's the best investment and I am sure you understand that itch when you are getting back into racing after being out so long and doing it even when you should have waited lol.