Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Hyper 8 Pro Wins Kyosho National Taiwan Cup

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Hyper 8 Pro Wins Kyosho National Taiwan Cup

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 08:58 AM
stonely0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hyper 8 Pro Wins Kyosho National Taiwan Cup

Guys, no point debating over it. If anyone are serious about racing a buggy pls take my advice here and buy from a reputable company brand that had their own R&R and design/make their own buggy or sedan. In this modern fast bucks society, there are alot of 'sleeper' company that invest a great deal in media advertisting and brand awareness campaign to plant a steady foot in this hobby but all their products are re-tack and re-label from the same mass production plant in some little town in China. Ok, i'm not implying that China had been churning out tons and tons of crap products infact some of them are of very high quality and give manufacturer from high end USA & Japan a quick run of their money. Any hobby is the same, in Biking, some of the lower end bike from a reputable brand are actually import from mass produce company in Taiwan and re-label to sell as their own. Any hobby or trade you name it and they too, commit this sin.

Before you deflame the Kyosho, Mugen, Serpent, Team Magic, HPI and the like of these so call 'elite' group (just to name a few of the prominent ones & apologize if i missed out some) take a look into their history and true enough, they are top brand with years & years of product development and some had been making RC car that your grandfather play with. The most impressive histroy of them all is Kyosho take a look on their histroy site where grownup dude in bell bottom from Kyosho are developing/playing RC car while most of their peers are out taking trips with LSD ok... just before i make anyone's blood pressure shootup i have to clarify that i'm not a die hard Kyosho fan but all my Buggy and Touring are from Mugen & Kyosho.

No matter what, no doubt there are the elite and the economy class in this hobby just like in the real world.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:41 AM
jonnymac

ORIGINAL: stonely0

Before you deflame the Kyosho, Mugen, Serpent, Team Magic, HPI and the like of these so call 'elite' group (just to name a few of the prominent ones & apologize if i missed out some) take a look into their history and true enough, they are top brand with years & years of product development and some had been making RC car that your grandfather play with. The most impressive histroy of them all is Kyosho take a look on their histroy site where grownup dude in bell bottom are playing RC while most of their peers are out taking trips with LSD ok... just before i make anyone's blood pressure shootup i have to clarify that i'm not a die hard Kyosho fan but all my Buggy and Touring are from Mugen & Kyosho.

No matter what, no doubt there are the elite and the economy class in this hobby just like in the real world.
Hi Stonely Don't take this the wrong way but most of what you wrote is crap!

Firstly Serpent, Team magic and HPI don't make 1/8th buggies (team magic have one coming soon and HPI own hot bodies but I wouldn't call the lightning an 'elite buggy' by any stretch of the imagination) Mugen and kyosho make top buggies (especially mugen) but Kyosho also make crap buggies such as the inferno RTR which is well at the bottom of the food chain when it comes to 1/8th buggies.
Ho Bao have had the hyper 7 out for years constantly upgrading it and refining it, in a similar way to what kyosho have done with the inferno.
I understand that you have your favourite manufacturers but at least try and get some of your facts right before sticking your oar in!
We're talking 1/8th buggies here and you argument quite frankly doesn't hold water on this topic.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:04 AM
stonely0

Hi Stonely Don't take this the wrong way but most of what you wrote is crap!

Firstly Serpent, Team magic and HPI don't make 1/8th buggies (team magic have one coming soon and HPI own hot bodies but I wouldn't call the lightning an 'elite buggy' by any stretch of the imagination) Mugen and kyosho make top buggies (especially mugen) but Kyosho also make crap buggies such as the inferno RTR which is well at the bottom of the food chain when it comes to 1/8th buggies.
Ho Bao have had the hyper 7 out for years constantly upgrading it and refining it, in a similar way to what kyosho have done with the inferno.
I understand that you have your favourite manufacturers but at least try and get some of your facts right before sticking your oar in!
We're talking 1/8th buggies here and you argument quite frankly doesn't hold water on this topic.
Sorry dude i'm not only refering to buggy here alone. I'm also a 1/10 touring guy when i'm not jumping my Mugen off ramp. Yes i have heard Team Magic debuting their 1st Buggy but these guy made awesome 1/10 onroad. So is Serpent no doubt about it! As for HPI, Their Baja is one of a kind... for a brand to debut a 1/5th buggy is something to shout about.

Yes Kyosho had a handful of crap buggy but these are developed for the more beginner or not too serious RCer who juz wanna bash at parking lot... when you think of Kyosho, think of them as a well structure company who aim to carried their product to a vast majority groups rather then Mugen, Team Magic and Serpent (& a handful of them Pro brand ) who only focus on the Pro Racing field.

My point here is if you are gonna spend a couple of 100s or Gs you be better off doing some research before spending them away to co-packers or re-badge self proclaim RC 'Pro' (Profit is ther agenda and not a cents goes to R&D) who are like legal 'Pirate' (so you tell me where they get their Buggy technology from?)wanting a piece of your hard earn greenbacks.

Back to the topic here, it's great that Hyper8 won the title and this further prove that superb driving skill is the best thing a racer can bet on. But skill and technology must goes hand in hand... if he is given a world class buggy i'm sure his lap time will be even more impressive. A drive of his capability really needs a world class brand who are devoted in R&D to further garantee his podium status year after year. Think Ferrari Formula 1 here you will know what i mean
Old 10-19-2006, 10:11 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

I ran out of beer and popcorn you all hold on while I go out and get more. As far as knowing Ofna is just an importer I have known this for years. [sm=wink_smile.gif] There is one fact no one can dispute and that is Hyper 8 took first and 3rd at the Kyosho cup against all the so-called high-end buggies. [sm=lol.gif]
Old 10-19-2006, 11:05 AM
Tazer_version_A

Please show me the Kyosho that Ho Bao copied to make the feature set of the Hyper 8?

Im real close to OFNA's location here in Cali - real close to all the majors here .. HPI, OFNA, Tamiya, Kyosho and Mugen Seiki USA are all within a few miles of eachother - I see much the R&D many of the companies do locally at the local tracks and several of the majors - Kyosho included .... they use my friends private track www.hotboxrc.com extensively. The LOSI 8ight tested there - the ST-R tested there and the Kyosho guys spend a ton of time there. I hear little bits and pieces about whats up.

Here's whats UP ....

Kyosho puts their Pants on the same way the rest of them do - they arent special - they R&D the same way US Based Ho Bao R&D drivers do. How can you seriously say that Hong Nor Jammin copied ANYBODY in regards to their Truggy?

This whole Kyosho gets copied - therefore they are supreme is just totally pointless. They havent innovated the 777 in far too long. Mugen milked the MBX5 buggy for soooo long, and the new MBX5R ... whats new on that?

Wow - what innovations on either of their parts....
Old 10-19-2006, 12:45 PM
trackman

stonely let me see if i understand you. you are saying the only reason the hyper 8 won is because he is an
excellent driver. you say he needs a world class buggy. i think he has a world class buggy. yes mugen and
kyosho used to be up there almost by themselves, but not any more. there are several buggies that can win
week in and week out. and the hyper 8 is in the mix.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:12 PM
SManMTB

*burp*
Old 10-19-2006, 06:55 PM
Coopz

After all arn't 95% of R/C kits made in China these days, just like 95% of everything in your house?
Old 10-19-2006, 07:25 PM
Da Smak
Banned

Is that another of the 76% of all statistics which are made up?

***** The BAJA5 IS A LAME PAWN IN THIS DISCUSION. FOR 1, IT'S A 2 STROKE DONKEY ***** (and it's a mardave copy, how innovative?)
Old 10-19-2006, 07:50 PM
stonely0

ok i'm not the one who strongly affirm that Jammin or the other like copy from the super brand it's brought up by the other poster here. What i'm trying to say is if you have the money to spare go with a better brand who not only produce their own product but willing to pump in the money for product research to further improve their product to us instead of buying from co-packer or re-badge company who don't give a **** on the well being of the item they sold. Alright this is getting very tiring becos many of us had spend a great deal in their RC stuff that when you goes into naming names it will start a flame war. Let me quote to you a few example:-

- If u r a serious photobug, will you invest in a Nikon system or a Casio who are well known in watches, calculator, label printer & below par digital camera??

- If you are serious on colours reproduction & printer will you go for a Canon, Kodak printer or a K-mart printer?

- watches... any watches can tell time but if you had the cash will you go for a Rolex or a Tag Huer?

The above are very clear cut example and ofcos most of us had got a budget on things we invest and making purchase base on own's preference sometime settling for 'in-between' will still satisfy our craving but there are no denied or doubt that some of the brand are of superior quality.

I'm in the advertisitng industry (aka cut throath industry) and i can come out many idea to start a brand awareness campaign that will sink into your brain and held a strong grip on your memory of a product i repack from some other mass produce factory and when i see this forum i'll me LMFAO.

Remember... being 'Specialize' is the word you will be looking for. 'Specialize' not in re-packing or re-badging but 'specialize' in what they are developing and selling to us. Got it?
Old 10-19-2006, 08:02 PM
46u

I guess some will pay the price just for a name Rolex watch when a Time-X will do the same job for 1/100 the price. I guess there are people out there trying to keep up with the Jones but not me. There is no way a buggy that cost twice as much will give me any more pleaser then my Hyper 8 will. Now I am not saying that the Hyper 8 is the only good buggy out there I am saying it is one of them and if you want to pay twice as much for something that will do the same job that is your prerogative.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:17 PM
Super_Dave

Stonely I'm not sure what you think Ho Bao (not ofna) did with the hyper 8 but they have 2 years of racing and development into that buggy. Though they did copy some of XRay's adjustment ideas its still a one of a kind buggy that has copied nothing from other buggies (aside from the basic design that all 1/8 buggies have aside from the losi now). It also handles like no other buggy out there on the market. It drives smooth and its just very relaxing to drive but the thing stays on rails around the track like no other buggy has untill the hyper 8. Ho Bao put serious thought into the design of the buggy and all of the parts are top quality so judging by your vague claims that the hyper 8 is a piece of crap. I just have to think you have zero experience with the buggy or have never even seen one run in the hands of someone who knows what they are doing. The hyper 8 IS a top of the line buggy and no less then any other top buggy on the market... infact I think its better then the mugens, and kyoshos and not only because of the price but the quality of the parts are actually better (especially then kyoshos... I love how they handle but the quality of the material doesn't match the price tag).
Old 10-19-2006, 11:35 PM
Tazer_version_A

yo stonely - can you please quit blabbering about R7D and spending $$$ on development and answer to us all these two questions.

1. What Kyosho truggy did Jammin copy to make the CRT Pro Kit?

2. What Kyosho or Mugen buggy did Ho Bao copy to create the Hyper 8?

You have no earthly idea how Ho Bao or Hong Nor develop NEW vehicles or what kinda of $$$ they spent to bring their current set of cars out. You keep boring us with the same old tired Kyosho/Mugen Fanboi Mantra.

If your truly in the Ad biz - Id think you'd have come up with something a little more original ... instead of marching out the same old tired drivel. Oh wait - your just mimicking Kyosho ... now I get it.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:18 AM
stonely0

well i had already told you guys already that i'm not the one who said that this brand copy from the other did you guys read the post anyway? I'm just re-instating the commitment one brand puts into their products compare to re-badge brand! Damn you guys had trouble comprehening or what? Anyway,... go ahead & read the thread empty head!

One man's meat is another's poison. Over & out of here for me. Quit babbering and hit the tracks weekend is round the corner.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:14 AM
jonnymac

Neither Ho bao or Hong Nor are rebadged! They develop, make and sell their own buggies (Ofna distribute them in the US)
OK so they are made in Taiwan but kyosho is made in Japan (another eastern country) and Xray in Czech Republic (cheap labour) but it doesn't mean either are crap does it?
I've said my bit above but really do look into what your saying to ensure you know the score!
Old 10-20-2006, 04:43 AM
Da Smak
Banned

Stonely, YOU LOSE !!!!

You'll also find that HoBao spent a lot more on R&D to develop the Hyper 8 than Kyosho did when they went from SP1 - SP2, Now there are a lot of bits on the H8 that were on the H7, but at least HoBao didn't just swap a turnbuckle and rename it. Like other companies if Hobao find a common fault they will swap the part without renaming the buggy.

But as for your watch arguement, personally I'd get a Breitling if I had the cash, but my $5 special from Wal-mart tells me the time right enough.

Kyosho may well be too thinly spread accross the entire R/C market to develop a all new chassis, did you ever think of that one?
Old 10-20-2006, 09:52 AM
Tazer_version_A

Sounds like the advertising guy bought into the Media Hype about Kyosho - but laughs at people "who fall for the marketing" hype on OFNA's ... LOL.

SSDD ... Another couple K-Car Kool-aide drinkers - with a few more pence than brain cells.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:54 AM
Super_Dave

ORIGINAL: stonely0

well i had already told you guys already that i'm not the one who said that this brand copy from the other did you guys read the post anyway? I'm just re-instating the commitment one brand puts into their products compare to re-badge brand! Damn you guys had trouble comprehening or what? Anyway,... go ahead & read the thread empty head!

One man's meat is another's poison. Over & out of here for me. Quit babbering and hit the tracks weekend is round the corner.
The hyper 8 isn't a relabeled and repackaged buggy. Infact there is only ONE sticker that says "ofna" that comes with the hyper 8... the rest are all HoBao stickers. All ofna does is dirtribute them. Just like horizon distributes Losi and Sportwerks.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:05 AM
46u

I fell left out as I did not get any Ofna stickers with my Hyper 8 all where HoBao. There is no one convincing Hyper 8 owners that the buggy is not as good as others sounds like to me other brand owners are trying to convince them shelf’s theirs is just as good as the Hyper 8. Pass the popcorn.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:10 AM
Super_Dave

ORIGINAL: 46u

I fell left out as I did not get any Ofna stickers with my Hyper 8 all where HoBao. There is no one convincing Hyper 8 owners that the buggy is not as good as others sounds like to me other brand owners are trying to convince them shelf’s theirs is just as good as the Hyper 8. Pass the popcorn.
I know my losi is better then the hyper 8 (for my personal interests in handling ).
Old 10-20-2006, 11:30 AM
trackman

dave just for laughs how many times has your losi 8 beaten me?? how many times has my hyper 8 beaten you??
i just couldnt resist!
Old 10-20-2006, 11:40 AM
46u

Just goes to prove my point!
Old 10-20-2006, 11:57 AM
trackman

hhmmm..... super dave must be thinking hard about now....let me grab another bag of popcorn before
he responds!
Old 10-20-2006, 12:06 PM
SManMTB

Go back to your K car trackman. I think you will be even faster.

Just had to feed the flames. *burp* Hand me another beer will you?
Old 10-20-2006, 12:28 PM
Super_Dave

ORIGINAL: trackman

dave just for laughs how many times has your losi 8 beaten me?? how many times has my hyper 8 beaten you??
i just couldnt resist!
You never ran your hyper 8 againt my Losi we only ran Losi vs Losi. Also you've seen the lap times. Both of us gained a ton of time compaired to our old buggies. Besides you've admitted that I was faster then you when I drove my MP777 but you were always more consistant when you drove the hyper 8. Also after we started running the Losi 8ights I pretty much handed you two races... the first I ran out of fuel and the 2nd I kept making stupid mistakes. In both cases I had over a half track lead at one point.

Actually I remember now the first time I ran the losi you were running the hyper 8. I'm sure you remember me walking away from you more and more as each lap passed .

You know I can't resist deffending myself Scott but atleast I answer with the truth [8D].

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.