Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

New Buggy Ideas.

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 05:44 PM
drzing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Buggy Ideas.

Ok im in the mood to buy....im loking at getting an 1/8th scale buggy...i have been looking at the turmoli and the losi 8 and also the hyper 7 and 8.
I kind of want a kit but rtr is fine. the only thing im worried about is how hard the kit will be to build (i have been in the sport for about 3 years so i bet i can figure it out) is it that hard to build a kit?

Which buggy would you go with? would u get an rtr or kit and why? also is there anyother buggies that i have over looked? and i will be bashing 25% of the time and racing 75% of the other time

Thanks for all the help and have a nice day...

Ray
Old 11-02-2006, 06:12 PM
dbuggyracer

Default RE: New Buggy Ideas.

well a kit isnt really hard to put together, it takes time to put it together but its good becouse you get to learn your car and it helps when you need to take it back apart, and i think the matrix is one of the best on the market today but this has been discusses alot so to save you some headache just go to your local hs and see what they have and go to your local track and see what everone else is running so they can help you with setup tips and such but i would get a kit just for the experiance becouse what ever car you get you will need to know how to take it apart and work on it.

Dennis

Cen racing,TQ fuel
Old 11-02-2006, 06:15 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

I only do kits as you end up with a much better vehicle and in the end have less money in it. Hyper 8 why I have one and it is one well handling and durable buggy.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:11 PM
WalawalaStore

Hi,

The Hyper 8 should be low in price and with high performance.

I would suggest you get a kit, building it isn't hard but you need lots of experience in order to build it good. If you don't start, you will never make it again. Building it yourself will also make repairing easier.

Regards

Joaquim
Old 11-02-2006, 07:42 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

The Hyper 8 kit is 80% built when you get it and building it is VERY, VERY easy. I do recommend loctite all screws that are thread in to metal. I personally have not found anything on any RC car or truck that was hard to work on.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:06 PM
drzing

thanks for the replys...what about the turnoil? im leaning twards the 8 or the hyper 8...what about a truggy? i know its diffent but is it a difference u guys like?

thanks

RAY