Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

what is the best

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 08:47 AM
paechy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is the best

Out of all the radios what would be the best radio with best quality features and best all round use to get.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:30 PM
Super_Dave

Default RE: what is the best

I like my JR XS3 and I can't see myself changing anytime soon. Sure its not spectrum but it is synthesized so if theres a channel conflict just adjust some dials in your reciever and make the changed in your radio. It has every feature you'll ever need on a radio as far as adjustments go and even a lap timer (press a button with your thump every lap) for when your testing a tuning. All of the menus are very easy to understand and get to.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:30 PM
JJJEEEFFFFFF

i would look for one that is upgradable to spectrum if you want to in the future, and after that for off road i don't see many features needed. I own a jr r1 limitied, so it was a real good radio in its day, but i don't use many of the features. I use different model modes the epa settings and trims, click a switch a few times to adjust the amount of brakes and thats it.

it can do most of the other stuff you can think of but i've never seen the need. steering curves throttle curves abs brakes, servo speeds etc etc. never use any of that, ive tried it all and know how it works but never use or need it.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:03 PM
zimzalahbim
My Feedback: (8)

I love the 3PK
Old 11-06-2006, 11:28 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

If you ever go to a 2.4GHz system you will never look back and you do not ever have to worry about a channel conflict along with many other improvements. Lest put it this way if you where going to buy a new computer would you rather have 25 or 75MHz or 2.4GHz!
Old 11-07-2006, 08:26 AM
paechy

what is better out of the spektrum dx3 or the futaba 3pk
Old 11-07-2006, 05:18 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

There are many companies coming out with 2.3GHz systems including Futaba and Airtronics and I recommend no matter what you get make sure it is 2.3GHz or you will be out dated in the next couple of months.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:39 PM
zimzalahbim
My Feedback: (8)

do you know which futaba model is going to be 2.3GHz? i just perused their website but didn't see anything. thanks