Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Official Thread for the Go 21 Engine

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Official Thread for the Go 21 Engine

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 07:24 AM
Jerseyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Official Thread for the Go 21 Engine

The Go 21 Engine is the latest engine from Go Technology.
This Engine won the Australian Truggy Nationals in an X1 CRT.
I have just recieved my GO 21 7port 5+2 engine. I am going to run it in over the weekend and nxt weekend and will post the results.
If you have any experience let us know.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78018.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	204.5 KB
ID:	557583  
Old 11-10-2006, 09:05 AM
AznBash3r
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Official Thread for the Go 21 Engine

thats quite a promotion picture....
Old 11-10-2006, 09:14 AM
Jerseyboy

I agree. I know what you.. focussed on[8D] Just use some skin and the hits start coming.
Focus on the Engine!!!!

I am not advertising for them.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:09 AM
nedMX

man do i love MassiveMods fuel...Marks a champ.

should visit www.nitrobashers.com, great aussie website full of good blokes.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:55 AM
jimk2

I'm a believer in "you get what you pay for" But this engine seems to be the exception.

I've seen a few run now and they are awesome. Rock solid idle and bags of power.

Although the build quality seems poor and who knows how long they will last. But then again 421B and V spec.

They have my vote anyway having seen them.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:33 PM
Tazer_version_A

Here's the west coast US Importer ....

http://www.racefactorindustries.com./

Russell Jones runs for them - loves the engines. I respect Russ' opinion on most things RC related. He dont BS - just to pimp a product. If he runs it - he believes in it. Dude can wheel an RC car too.

Here's another pretty detailed thread about their stuff. Its got me "interested".

http://www.ofna.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5030
Old 11-10-2006, 01:15 PM
1/8racer

i race at revelations in montclair and one of my buddies friends was testing this motor for someone...........he is a decent driver and they told him to test it out..........i asked him

about it and he says its great power and i watched him run the tank dry..........he dumped out the fuel so it was just the stuff in the lines and it idled for like two min. great fuel economy
Old 11-13-2006, 03:08 AM
Jerseyboy

Some feedback on the GO21 7port. I ran one in over the weekend. This engine is tight. So tight I had to heat it to 100 degrees C to get it to spin on the starter box. You have to be patient with the run in procedure. I ran it through 7 tanks of heat cycling and still had to use the heatgun to start.
About performance. I useda HN2047 pipe on the GO21. This engine is smooth. Probably the smoothest Ive owned. It feels similar to the Vspec just smoother. I cannotsay if it has the same power as I need to take it through its paces. All I can say is that the GO21 shifts the CRT around easy. The truck feels light when you drive. You give and she goes but smooth. I will give you some more feedback later. I'll post some pics later

http://www.dramatic.co.za/gallery/di...up&cat=0&pos=3
Old 11-13-2006, 06:19 AM
Hincappe

haha. i love when people say the engine is "smooth" hahaha i read it as "it has fk all bottom end" haha in off offroad we need torque to clear triples with short run up.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:28 PM
JJJEEEFFFFFF

hincappe, you seem pretty intrested in these engines, i'll have to get you those photos, they were taken ages ago, i've just been lazy, and haven't found the cable for the camera yet. Have you seen one in action yet, thats the only way to really tell what they go like, or better still drive one for a bit, know point taking my word or anyone elses who has tried one for it (i know you wouldn't anyway, and i don't blame you any way, as its impossible to know who to trust or believe)

I'll come back and add my two cents later about this motor, but i think i have a different version then the rest of you guys i think mine is the 7+2
Old 11-13-2006, 04:42 PM
Hincappe

hey jef, i only kidding buddy. i sure it runs great.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:51 PM
JJJEEEFFFFFF

i ran my v-spec and my go back to back the other day, so thats about as fair a comparisson as i can give, i'll go into detail later.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:19 PM
JJJEEEFFFFFF

as i was saying ran my v-spec then ran my go-tech (it the 7port version which has been modded by massive) back to back a couple of weeks ago. Both had new clutchs mugen 1.0 with mugen alluminum shoes and 14t bells. I was running the v-spec on 30% with 4%castor and 8% syth. the gotech was on massive mods hb444 which is 25% with 12% oil. motors were run in the same car with the same tires and the same o.s. t2050 pipe.

i paid close attention to a few of the jumps one that was straight after a hair pin another one that had a bit of a run up and one that had a big run up and a big gap. and also on the straight.

the jump coming out the hair pin is basically you have about a foot of run up before hitting it. the v-spec would land about a tire diameter further then the go-tech each time, on jump with the medium run up the go had about a tire diameter on the v-spec, and on the long run up the go had about a car length on the v-spec.

form a standing start the v-spec just seem to have more initial bite from the line as if from idle the v-spec spools up quicker to clutch engagement. Comming onto the straight its about the same but the go just winds up quicker and further the the v-spec, it would get to the v-specs max revs sooner and out revs it by a scary amount as well, the track was being changed at the time and the straight was alot longer then usual and most straights i've seen the v-spec was reving out at about 2/3 the length and the Go was peaking just about 4/5 the length.

tune wise? v-spec is just so simple can't be beat, ive had two and never had one stop during a race, i have to say the same for the Go so far but it just seems more fiddely to get the tune just right on the lsn. the hsn has not been a problem.

as for quality the v-spec looks better externally but the go-tech looks as good internally bearings i hope to be better then the v-spec. The Go-tech carb seems ordinary the v-specs is much smoother.

Which one would i chose. Well the other day (after my little research session) i was putting my buggy back together and had both motors just sitting there and i chose the v-spec and the main reason for that was i new i'ld have the v-spec tuned in no time and be learning the new track layout straight away, at this point in time i'm just not as confident with the GO tune wise though i've raced it a couple of times no problems at all.

I will run the GO til it dies before i judge it fully, much the same as i did with the v-spec.

p.s i sort of wish i had a stock 5 port version to compare with also.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:22 PM
JJJEEEFFFFFF

Oh yeah mine has the gold head i believe the 5 port has the silver head. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 11-14-2006, 01:15 AM
Jerseyboy

Thanks Jefff for confirming that. People are sceptical when something new comes along. I am always testing and trying new things. It seems all in the sport are closed minded wrt engines. If its not a RB, Nova or Vspec its no good. Things are changing and soon those names will no longer be the endall of performance.
I have not had all that testing done but I will give you feedback as I have.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:35 AM
infernos777

I saw a guy running one at Hot Rod Hobbies in Saugus last week. Looked pretty good.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:16 PM
PantherDesigns

From what I understand, a "Go" 5 port engine is going up to EB Mods to get dyno'ed and gone over by Ed Bridges. I'm anxious to see what the results are. Depending on what the results are, I'm going to give the "Go" engines a shot next year in my 8ight and 8ight-T. I like the idea of paying $200 for an engine that is competitive and you don't have to worry about putting a rod in it several times throughout the life of the engine.

I've just reached a point where I've gotten tired of spending $300 for a RC engine, plus $50 a pop for a rod that I use mostly for club racing. Hopefully this "Go" engine is the solution?

-Seann
Old 11-26-2006, 09:34 PM
JJJEEEFFFFFF

here are some photos of my go-tech
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87459.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	567249   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99942.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	567250   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ms42891.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	567251  
Old 11-26-2006, 09:39 PM
Hincappe

hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 11-26-2006, 09:45 PM
JJJEEEFFFFFF

i was finally brave enough to show them, but the photos don't look that great for some reason.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:03 AM
Jerseyboy

Thanks for the pics. I have only had possitive feedback wrt this engine. The power it produces is wicked. Ive heard that the Italians are going back to the drawing board to get their engines better. This is because some new Taiwanese manufacturer is producung high power engines for cheap.
I wonder what engine that could be.......
Old 11-27-2006, 11:56 AM
PINKY_KY

He guy's.....I am running the 5 port GO motor here in the USA. It has amazing power and holds a tune like no other. I have nothing but good things to say about this line of products. Anyone doubting these motors needs to wheel one for themselves. Russell at Race Factor will hook you up with one or you can get them from other places such as TKO...Amain and Carolinas RC.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:25 PM
Hincappe

both amain and carolinas do NOT stock the GO engine
Old 12-03-2006, 10:51 AM
PINKY_KY

They have placed there order and are waiting on shipment to arive to them.....be patient guy's. If you are still interested in a motor contact [email protected] They are 199.99 on his website. I would like to personally thank Russell for the performance of the engine yesterday......I won got the bump from the B to the A in OHIO racing last night. What a motor !
ORIGINAL: Hincappe

both amain and carolinas do NOT stock the GO engine
Old 12-03-2006, 12:08 PM
Da Smak
Banned

ORIGINAL: JJJEEEFFFFFF

the jump coming out the hair pin is basically you have about a foot of run up before hitting it. the v-spec would land about a tire diameter further then the go-tech each time, on jump with the medium run up the go had about a tire diameter on the v-spec, and on the long run up the go had about a car length on the v-spec.

form a standing start the v-spec just seem to have more initial bite from the line as if from idle the v-spec spools up quicker to clutch engagement. Comming onto the straight its about the same but the go just winds up quicker and further the the v-spec, it would get to the v-specs max revs sooner and out revs it by a scary amount as well, the track was being changed at the time and the straight was alot longer then usual and most straights i've seen the v-spec was reving out at about 2/3 the length and the Go was peaking just about 4/5 the length.

tune wise? v-spec is just so simple can't be beat, ive had two and never had one stop during a race, i have to say the same for the Go so far but it just seems more fiddely to get the tune just right on the lsn. the hsn has not been a problem.

as for quality the v-spec looks better externally but the go-tech looks as good internally bearings i hope to be better then the v-spec. The Go-tech carb seems ordinary the v-specs is much smoother.

Which one would i chose. Well the other day (after my little research session) i was putting my buggy back together and had both motors just sitting there and i chose the v-spec and the main reason for that was i new i'ld have the v-spec tuned in no time and be learning the new track layout straight away, at this point in time i'm just not as confident with the GO tune wise though i've raced it a couple of times no problems at all.
As I thought you would say.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.