Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

ofna Lx comp trans question

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 10:45 PM
fga
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ofna Lx comp trans question

I have an LX comp. I noticed it appeared to be pulling the car like it only had front wheel drive. So i lifted the front and gave it throttle, and the car didn't move... but the front wheels ofcourse reved up. I then tried the opposite, with back up and the car wanted to take off.
i noticed that the drive shaft to the rear wasn't moving, so i took the center diff. apart.. and everything seems to be perfect?? any ideas?

Old 11-21-2006, 10:51 PM
Ryanrodfl6363lu

Default RE: ofna Lx comp trans question

all the gears in the diff look perfect? did you bother to break them down, and check to make sure that the pin that goes through the outdrive cup is still together. if the rear drive shaft is not moving, then that is the only think that it could be. so take out the 4 smaller spider gears, and then lift out the gear at the bottom of the cup, and i bet you will find a broken pin.

ryan
Old 11-21-2006, 11:00 PM
fga
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: Ryanrodfl6363lu

all the gears in the diff look perfect? did you bother to break them down, and check to make sure that the pin that goes through the outdrive cup is still together. if the rear drive shaft is not moving, then that is the only think that it could be. so take out the 4 smaller spider gears, and then lift out the gear at the bottom of the cup, and i bet you will find a broken pin.

ryan
that's the first thing i thought of and expected a broken pin... nothing.?? i'm baffled
Old 11-21-2006, 11:08 PM
nabanta

When I had my LX Comp the screws for the differential outdrives would come loose even if you put threadlock on them. Chech the set screw in the rear diff. outdrive.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:08 PM
love those warbirds
My Feedback: (39)

I had that pro. with mine. Look at the read diff.? Is the bearing ceased? The bearings they give you kinda S&*K. I had to replace my bearing because it ceased and started to spin in the plastic case, causing it to melt.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:46 PM
Ryanrodfl6363lu

When I had my LX Comp the screws for the differential outdrives would come loose even if you put threadlock on them. Chech the set screw in the rear diff. outdrive.
if the rear drive shaft IS rotating, then yes it could be a set screw loosend up, but he said the the rear drive shaft was not moving... so there for the problem is in the center diff....