Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

will this affect performance?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 01:05 PM
Firefighter7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: will this affect performance?

OK so are these CEO guys good our are they hacks? Just checked out there web site and now I'm interested in the quality of there work, since there has been mixed feelings about them on this thread I would like some more info from other people. There prices seem pretty good so before I send them a mill could I get some honest opinions and not hear say?

Thanks
Old 01-26-2007, 01:56 PM
Losi8racer

ORIGINAL: jammin_jim

Well, of course a broken piston will affect perfomance. You have to make sure that the piston is at TDC before you remove back plate. I pesonally only run CEO power mods. His quality of cuts is that of some of the best surgeons in the world. At last check on E-Bay, Dadders was even selling CEO power mods engines. KEMO - I can't think off hand of any major hobby shop that sells STS, so your opinion does not count. At the indoor gas champs in South Jordan, UT, January 19-21 it was a CEO power mods engine that Ronnie Gardner was running for his 3rd place finish in the expert a-main. He had not even qualified for the a-main until Chris O'Donnell from CEO Power Mods loaned him an engine to run the fourth round of qualifying. When the Ninja was returned to CEO the labor was free, and the parts were sold to Mike at cost.

that's not nice , i have been running STS's for awhile... STS will get carried in bigger shops , it just will take some time... the brand is not well established yet, but they are on their way...some high quality engines for low prices...

dadders also wrote a nice article on the STS engines :

chassisman (Dadders)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:08 pm

To whom it may concern. I have in my posession a used STS 21T and have taken it apart for inspection. What I have found is a motor that rivals the Rossi Black Magic! Ever heard of it? It has many similar features but goes much further. The crank is epoxy filled to improve flow, the ports are hand modified much like what we do at Dadders.net and this is not offered in the Rossi line. The piston is dished and chamfered. IMHO it out shines the Rossi by quite a bit. Did I mention the best part? The Rossi retails for $400.00! Cool No, I'm not jerking you around. I will be placing an order for as many of these as I can get and further modifying them.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:36 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well CEO sure does place alot of racerson the podium... so you cannot argue with that....i have not seen a CEO engine in person, and even if it isn't pretty they sure seem to win alot of races... So if making an engine pretty is more imprtant then going fast !! LOL just buggin ya kemo....

as for STS, yes they are bangin engines... STS sells their engines directly, so the price is great for what you get, if they ended up in major LHS supply houses the prices would go up dramaticaly...

we will be running some modded STS mills at the Canadian nationals in red Deer Alberta this year, so we will see what happens, they make alot of HP, but the rest is up to the driver.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:59 AM
hopperCEO

The info from jammin jim and I is not heresay. Like I said I actually help Chris with some of the things he does at CEO. Both Jim and myself run CEO engines. I have seen the insides of over 100 engines that Chris has done and not one could be considered "not pretty"... Chris will never send someone an engine that is not perfect. Check this out... about 3 months ago one of our local racers gave Chris a novarossi 528 7 port sleeve to resize. The sleeve was modded by another engine modifier but not CEO. (can't remember who did it) long story short the sleeve was too thin in one area and became bent while Chris was resizing it. What did he do??? He bought the racer a brand new piston/sleeve and even modded the sleeve all at no charge. So the old worn out sleeve ended up turning into a brand new CEO modded sleeve. Can you say customer service? I encourage anyone who may be on the fence about whether or not to send an engine to Chris to give him a call and speak with him. You will not be dissapointed with his service/work.

Hopper
www.ceopowermods.com
Old 01-27-2007, 03:17 AM
hopperCEO

Chris O'Donnell (CEO) is a top engine modifier and in no way can he be considered a hack... unless your talking about his driving skills that is! haha

[quote]ORIGINAL: Firefighter7

OK so are these CEO guys good our are they hacks? Just checked out there web site and now I'm interested in the quality of there work, since there has been mixed feelings about them on this thread I would like some more info from other people. There prices seem pretty good so before I send them a mill could I get some honest opinions and not hear say?

Thanks
[/quote
Old 01-27-2007, 03:42 AM
Hincappe

wats his experience/qualifications, other than dremel101?
Old 01-27-2007, 04:00 AM
Nathan9492

wats his experience/qualifications, other than dremel101?
not listen to idiots like u202
Old 01-27-2007, 07:42 AM
Da Smak
Banned

Hincappe, France is only good for hosting wars, the Germans proved that twice.

The only talented French driver got DQ'd from the worlds for cheating in 2004.

Google: "Frances greatest victories" ---- Reply: "See Frances greatest defeats".

France, the only country to have foot sweat as a drinks ingredient.

Need I go on?
Old 01-28-2007, 03:11 PM
ceopowermods

Kemo,modders themselves do not talk bad about each other or try to hinder thier business in any way.
Why do you have to?