Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

tight clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tight clutch?

I am a newb to this hobby. Was trying to break-in the engine and so did not have the cover on my truck. Well, it landed upside down a few times, where the engine heat sink hit the ground - ouch. Now, it seems like the clutch or the spur gear is stuck (or moved?) as it has gotten very tight. I can start the engine without any problems, but I have to really pull the trigger all the way before the truck would move an inch. Obviously, something is not right here.

Does anyone know what might be wrong here?

It is a Tower Hobbies Tower Terror MT.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:39 PM

Default RE: tight clutch?

It sounds like the engine moved and your gear mesh between the spur gear and clutch bell gear tightened up a lot. Loosen up the engine mount screws and set the gear mesh so there is just a tiny bit of play between the gears.

Also this is the 1/8 buggy forum. You have a monster truck so try going on the MT forum.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:44 PM

I agree.
When the mesh is too tight, you can hear it as well.

def. not the clutch.
Old 12-24-2006, 04:02 PM

Dave, you are da man

I did exactly what you said and it worked. The clutch bell/spur gear just got tightened up. All I had to do was loosen up the engine mounts and then tighten them back.

Thank you very much.