Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

anyone put a axial .32 in a 1/8 buggy?

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

anyone put a axial .32 in a 1/8 buggy?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 02:20 AM
LUBE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone put a axial .32 in a 1/8 buggy?

I would like to know how a Axial .32 would change the driving characteristics from a O.S. .21 RG in a inferno mp6 or similar buggy.

The guy at ultimate hobbies said it would make my car wheelie. i find that hard to believe.

P.S. If you have not tried this yourself or personally know someone who has please do not respond as I do not wish to read a bunch of opinions. Thank you.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:58 AM
mozzzy_2000

Default RE: anyone put a axial .32 in a 1/8 buggy?

why ask a question if you dont want to read people's opinion?
Old 02-07-2007, 05:26 AM
joydude630

You put any powerful engine in a buggy it wont wheelie at all. The guy who told you is just bull****ing.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:13 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Try using common sense a buggy has a center differential with out locking it up doing wheelies is not going to be easy. No I have never run a 32 but any intelligent person will understand! [X(]
Old 02-07-2007, 12:17 PM
thopper

Many truggies with big block engines and center diffs pull small wheelies but nothing sustained.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:22 PM
Allan Aguilar

This is what I think.

Disconnect the front wheel dogbone and lock the center diff to make the buggy/car a RWD, change the rear wheels/tires into an MT tire, raise the CG of the buggy (it is up to you how to do it), slap the .32 engine, re-adjust the clutch to let the clutch engage at a higher RPM, and lean-out the fuel settings. This might work, eventhough I don't have any experience doing it. The guy from ultimate hobbies does know what he is talking about.

I also agree to mozzy_2000.

Old 02-07-2007, 02:45 PM
46u

You can make a 4 wheel drive pull wheelies no problem as my Savage does it all the time. All so my HPI MT wheelies with a TZ in it unless I gear it real high but neither have a center diff. The biggest thing keeping a buggy from wheeling is the center diff. Yes you can lock it or even try real heavy oil. But I do not think with out doing something with the center diff that a 32 will make it wheelie or not more then an inch or so if that. Sorry how many try to make a buggy wheel as when I am racing I do all I can to keep my Savage and MT from wheeling and with a center diff on my buggy I do not worry.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:16 PM
Losi8racer

ORIGINAL: 46u

You can make a 4 wheel drive pull wheelies no problem as my Savage does it all the time. All so my HPI MT wheelies with a TZ in it unless I gear it real high but neither have a center diff. The biggest thing keeping a buggy from wheeling is the center diff. Yes you can lock it or even try real heavy oil. But I do not think with out doing something with the center diff that a 32 will make it wheelie or not more then an inch or so if that. Sorry how many try to make a buggy wheel as when I am racing I do all I can to keep my Savage and MT from wheeling and with a center diff on my buggy I do not worry.
Main reason a buggy won't wheelie is the same reason it won't roll as easy in high speed corners comparing it to a MT... the lower you CG is the harder it's going to be to wheelie it or to roll it in a turn... depending on how you have your buggy setup your weight is not much higer then the center line of the wheel... compared to a MT wich CG is much higher..
Old 02-07-2007, 07:38 PM
LUBE

mozzie i asked the question because i wanted to hear from people who were armed with facts/personal experience. not from people like you who know nothing about what im speaking of... yet love to post their usually lame uninformed OPINIONS. Its real simple, if you dont know dont respond.

that goes for u too Allen.

Also I'm not trying to get my buggy to wheelie all over the place... thats just what the hobbie shop guy said in reference to how powerfull the axieo motor was.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:25 PM
bennyblanco

if i was yall i will not help this guy at all!!!
Old 02-07-2007, 09:55 PM
rmesa1

I have seen one and but not driven the main problem the guy had was the low end he ended up having to gear up the car I think he ended up running a 15 bell to cut down on the wheel spin off the line and out of the corners.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:55 PM
b-radjones

ceck on it but i think u can put the CEN NX 76 engine from the genisis in the MP6 buggy

not sure but i think its possible
Old 02-07-2007, 10:20 PM
Allan Aguilar

Isn't it nice that this thread will expand and more and more inputs will be posted, after which, shortlist the possible/probable and doable inputs before finalizing the conclusion.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:23 AM
LUBE

Sorry Allen,
I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:38 AM
LUBE

Can someone get allen a tissue please.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:01 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the Axial 32 hs no top end at all compared to a .21.... its powerband is focused over a fairly narrow RPM range, and that is in the lower RPM range, as it was designed for MT duties where they have a 2 speed....In a Buggy it will be slower then any good .21...I have run a Collari 32 in a buggy and it was pretty useless IMO
Old 02-08-2007, 02:38 PM
46u

With a center differential once the front end comes off the ground you lose power to the rear wheels this is why a buggy is hard to wheelie with out locking up the center diff. Just like getting it stuck in mud or even 1 to 1 cars unless you have a positive traction rear end one wheeel will spin and the other will not move. Do some know how a differential even works? [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 02-08-2007, 09:28 PM
mozzzy_2000

mozzie i asked the question because i wanted to hear from people who were armed with facts/personal experience. not from people like you who know nothing about what im speaking of... yet love to post their usually lame uninformed OPINIONS. Its real simple, if you dont know dont respond.

that goes for u too Allen.

Also I'm not trying to get my buggy to wheelie all over the place... thats just what the hobbie shop guy said in reference to how powerfull the axieo motor was.

Sorry LUBE its jerks like you that give this forum a bad name! How the F do you know what I know? Did I give an opinion? Well certainly dosen;t appear that I did, does it? Anyway dude I aint wasting my time with rude ****s like you! For your info I have just completed a full truggy conversion on my inferno mp7.5 with a collari .30. If you want my opinion or help just ask for mate. Dont sit there on your pedastool handing out unwarranted abuse to me for absolutely no reason. Read up dude since you obviosuly have no clue as to what's going on, Buggys dont have locking diffs like MTs so they are extremely hard to do with wheelies with. I have heard from peeps that if you use really heavy diff oil in the rear, like 30000-50000wt, moderate thickness in the centre and very light oil in the front, you can sometimes get them to do wheelies. Putting larger tyres on will also help but then you have to start adjusting your gear ratio by eithe dropping teeth on the bell or conversely, going up to a much larger spur gear.

After having said that, NOT ONE person here has actually run the Axial .32 so they are all just opinions. I suggest you get off your high chair before someone pushes you off for you.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:59 AM
LUBE

Awwwww... I hurt ur feelings too.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:52 AM
hoousi

Hey LUBE, how's life without friends? You'll even end up lonely in a forum with 300k members..
Old 02-09-2007, 09:56 AM
ArizonaRevo

if all the lubes started racing i would be the next adam drake..........lol
Old 02-10-2007, 03:10 AM
LUBE

Hooussy,
Will you be my friend? I really need You to be my friend. I'm sooo alone w/o you... I'm all empty inside.
If only Hooussy would be my friend. Could you imagine Hooussy "My Friend" that would be the bestest!
Old 02-10-2007, 09:09 AM
mozzzy_2000

Hey LUBE or should we rename you KY Jelly Man? I think thats far more appropriate since you have something unnatural stuck where it aint ougt to be! LOL No dude my feelings are not hurt. Why would they be mate? You mean nothing to me so why would I even care. No I just find idiots like you to be very very amusing. You end up coming off 2nd best and yes I see that as well as you have no clue as to whats going on in this hobby, you certianly dont have any friends on RCU coming to your defence.
So if you have anything intelligent or useful to say please speak up because everyone's waiting..not
Old 02-10-2007, 09:13 AM
Nathan9492

JERRY JERRY JERRY!!!