Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

1/8th scale flywheel clutch advice please

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

1/8th scale flywheel clutch advice please

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 12:40 AM
basic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/8th scale flywheel clutch advice please

ok, so i need some advice on a 1/8th scale flywheel/clutch. I don't own a buggy but i figured you all might know what i'm looking for. I own a certain MT *cough* revo *cough* with an axial .28 on the new era mount. problem is the clutch assembly i have on it (the one from [link=http://www.qoncepts.com/RCpages/TraxxasRevo.htm]Qoncepts[/link] ) but the thing is a bit too long; causing issues with the spur gear rubbing one the housing of the clutch bell. I've already drilled out the engine mount holes as much as i can and it's still too long. -

What I'm trying to do is find the lowest profile clutch system for a resonable price that will work for this application. the clutch bell is the standard 1/8th scale 19t 1mm pitch bell i believe. I would like to keep this bell but i can't keep stripping out spur gears cause i can't get it aligned correctly.

So, anyone have any ideas of a low profile flywheel/clutch combo that may work? I prefer 3 or 4 shoe, none of that sliding stuff, want to stick with what i know. thanks.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:46 AM
basic

Default RE: 1/8th scale flywheel clutch advice please

here's another pic, sorry, but i think you all see what i mean? i guess i could get another clutch bell if i need to, but kinda wanted to stick with this one for cost reasons. any suggestions?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11730.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	643090  
Old 03-16-2007, 01:38 AM
Werk-It

Any shims behind the collet? If so you could remove them and could gain a slight amount of clearance. Also, you could try a different collet as well.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:03 AM
basic

nope, no shims and i've tried the shortest collet i have. if you look there's really not much clearance at all between the flywheel and the engine. i really think the best place to take out length is the flywheel/clutch and the clutch bell, but i don't know which ones would work well.