Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Man my Losi 8ight ticks me off.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 06:42 AM
Luggy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Man my Losi 8ight ticks me off.

They never have what I need in stock. [sm=punching.gif]

A few weeks ago I needed new shock O' rings. Didn't get them until yesterday because they were back ordered. Last week I broke a shock cap on the top right so I ordered them. I wanted the aluminum ones. Nope didn't get them because they are back ordered. Can't race or run without them and since their out of stock this weeks race is finished before it started. I also wanted a new stock clutch bell because the old one was torn up a bit by the stock 2 shoe setup. Nope can't get them because they are out of stock and back ordered. Whats the deal with that crap. I haven't had that problem with my other stuff.

Makes me wish I would have bought a different buggy.[:@]
Old 03-24-2007, 07:00 AM
Hincappe

Default RE: Man my Losi 8ight ticks me off.

MUGEN MUGEN MUGEN. NUFF SAID.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:08 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How do you know what his LHS carries?

I hear you man, it can be frustrating. Have you checked online? It can be a good idea to build a relationship with an online stockist of your parts. It's a fairly new buggy as well, so you have to bear in mind, that until a fair number have been sold, it's simply not worth your LHS stocking items and have them sitting on the shelf until their only 8 owner needs them. Much more economical to order them, they don't care if you have to wait...supply and demand.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:16 AM
Hincappe

WHAT HES HOOBY SHOP HAS NOT IMPORTANT. CLUTCH BELL IS SOLD OUT EVERYWERE.

WILL NEVER HAPPEN WITH MUGEN.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:22 AM
Foxy

His problem is the shock caps more than anything else, as you say a clutch bell can be bought anywhere. By the way, no need to SHOUT.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:32 AM
wfdfiremedic

You can try to get them online:

-I think B main has them in stock (shock caps). You can pick some really fast shipping too as long as you are willing to pay $$$.

Try:
www.bmainhobbies.com
www.amainhobbies.com
www.killerhobbies.com

-chris
Old 03-24-2007, 08:34 AM
Coopz

Hyper 8 baby! Raced mine many times, and I've had the most violent stacks, zero damage Bulletproof and they are pretty fast.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:27 PM
RCtruckRacer

At some point, Mugen will come out with a completely redesigned buggy with all new parts... maybe next year maybe next decade... but when it happens parts could be scarce for a while after its release.

I am currently having the same problem with my Kyosho Zero Nine. Some parts are just hard to find right now. Losi no doubt figured the 8ight to be a big seller, but maybe not to the extent it currently sells. It's Losi, they will catch up eventually. Until then, it totally sux not getting parts. I feel for you man!
Old 03-24-2007, 01:17 PM
RBMike

http://www.amainhobbies.com/ & http://www.bmainhobbies.com

Both have the parts you want in stock. A-main gets me stuff in 1 too 2 days everytime with just the regular prioity mail (USPS) from about 3 to 4 bucks. On Tuesday morning I ordered parts and they are at my house Wed.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:34 PM
mentorman
My Feedback: (2)

That car is distributed by horizon hobby see if they are there, heres their LOSI store link http://www.horizonhobby.com/Stores/D...oreBrandID=LOS
Old 03-24-2007, 05:08 PM
Hincappe

losi is owned by horizon hobby. losi sold it to horizon many years ago.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:21 PM
Smokinjoe6450
My Feedback: (6)

losi is owned by horizon hobby. losi sold it to horizon many years ago.
That's nice........we know.

BMain and AMain have everything you need. Homer at BMain is great and SUPERFAST shipping!! I wouldn't blame the buggy for people not stocking parts. Sounds like it is the hobby shop slacking.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:32 PM
Luggy

I wouldn't trade my LHS for any other anywhere and not even for parts availability. The owner is top notch. But, he has only sold 4 8ights that I know of so he doesn't stock many parts for it. That is Ok because he can have any part that's available by Thursday if you tell him by Tuesday noon. So basically what ever you wreck on the weekend can be ready for the next weekend. That has been the experience with most of the stuff I own. But not the 8ight. Horizon allows him to order the parts as normal and then when they are due to arrive they write "Back Order" on the shipping papers. They don't even tell him before hand. If they did I would have ordered some where else. But of course it's to late when you find out.

Looks like B-Main has both parts so I'll order them there. A-Main only has part of what I need.

I guess i could get mad at the LHS guy but really it's the responsibility of the manufacturer to have parts available. Once the other Hobby Shops (online, etc..) sell out where will they get them?
Old 03-25-2007, 12:07 AM
wrench38xxx48

Guys losi 8ight parts are on backorder everywhere. The 13t clutch bell,shock caps from the kit, and almost anything you want or are wanting to add for spare parts is on backorder at online stores and local shops at the time. Has anyone seen the Extrahard Steel Clutch Bell by Robinson Racing Products for the 8ight (RRP9013) at horizon $18.95 they have 13t and Ithink 14t they are on backorder until mid April. Would it be ok to use this stronger clutch bell with the factory pinion gear or should I just get the original clutch bell from losi-- I think they are on backorder also. Or maybe it said coming soon on horizon. It's not only parts that's on Backorder. It's the 8ight kit, the 8ight RTR, the 8ight roller chassis truck. Losi can't build these cars fast enough they sell out on horizon in a day or two and then you wait a couple of mounths to get more. The Losi 8ight line has outsold anything and everthing Mugen,Kysho,Jammin',Hyper 8,Storm, you name it the 8ight line including the roller chassis has sold out within a few days and they are on backorder all the time. Which means we a buying them like crazy lol! Whether this losi 8ight line is as good as or better than the other brands I don't know. I just got my 8ight RTR and to me it looked like the best car I could get.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:11 AM
wrench38xxx48

I know Luggy the 8ight ticks me off as well you know. If it wasn't such a nice car I would've probaly sent it back. I get it going soon hopefully---Thanks
Old 03-25-2007, 07:35 PM
Losi8racer

look at the track , the losi's are everywhere... demand is simply just higher then the supply is and they just can't keep up with the parts..

i know at my local track the losi's outnumber the other brands by atleast 2:1...
Old 03-25-2007, 07:40 PM
Hincappe

AND U NEED LOTS OF PARTS
Old 03-25-2007, 08:04 PM
FoamyVictim

...I read this and laughed so hard, because I AGREE with you... In order for them to be sold out, they'd have to be a very popular buggy, the Mugen isn't as popular as the Losi. This weekend was a big race, and there were more Losis than anything else. Though I don't like it, having parts backordered says something positive about the car...
Old 03-25-2007, 09:36 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Same at my track, 8ights seem to be taking over. There's about 2 for every other brand of buggy. In the last race I went to, it was 10 entries, half were 8ight's.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:14 AM
Foxy

Servo manufacturers must be loving it.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:03 AM
Smokinjoe6450
My Feedback: (6)

It's not only parts that's on Backorder. It's the 8ight kit, the 8ight RTR, the 8ight roller chassis truck. Losi can't build these cars fast enough they sell out on horizon in a day or two and then you wait a couple of mounths to get more.

There is a kit, RTR AND 10 truggy rollers here, and at one of if not THE best price you can find. If you wait on Horizon for everything, wasting time. Homer is the man!!

http://www.bmainhobbies.com/index.ph...31c8db763f41e1

Old 03-26-2007, 03:25 PM
RBMike

ORIGINAL: Hincappe
I Call Bologna on this. I raced MBX5 when they frist came out & had trouble getting stuff for it as well. (Yes, even mugen has design issues on new models). I ran Kyosho when the 7.5 first came out, same problem. The Losi might be worse to get parts for because so many people are buying it. As long as the kits keep running out, the parts supply will be on & off because they use the parts to build kits first & catch up on spairs later. Happens with every popular kit. The more popular the kit the more likely you will have parts shortages early on.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:36 PM
Losi8racer

ORIGINAL: Hincappe

AND U NEED LOTS OF PARTS

well let me see, at the east coast series race last week... it was ALOT more mugens that got stranded breaking a-arms then losi breaking down with anything.

parts ?..... i got 9 gallons on the losi as of now...all i have broken so far is a front hingpin brace (bend) in a WOT throttle against a fence post..would have broken pretty much any buggy....and a shock stand-off...and that's it...
Old 03-27-2007, 05:55 AM
kawaz

ORIGINAL: FoamyVictim

...I read this and laughed so hard, because I AGREE with you... In order for them to be sold out, they'd have to be a very popular buggy, the Mugen isn't as popular as the Losi. This weekend was a big race, and there were more Losis than anything else. Though I don't like it, having parts backordered says something positive about the car...

Salut,

Tu n'es pas un peu du genre lourdingue toi ??

Nicolas

For losi parts, give a try to bmainhobbies. They have a lot of losi parts in stock.
I have never been disapointed with us.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:35 PM
FoamyVictim

Salut,

Tu n'es pas un peu du genre lourdingue toi ??
Huh? I translated it into english, and it told me this: "Hello, You are not a little kind lourdingue you??" What are you trying to say?