Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Hyper 8 chassis tweaked / Driveshaft tweaked, PICS.

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Hyper 8 chassis tweaked / Driveshaft tweaked, PICS.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 07:09 PM
what_stanger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hyper 8 chassis tweaked / Driveshaft tweaked, PICS.

Yes the reputation does speak for itself. I like the hyper 8, and that wasn't even the point of the thread. Just damage....that was it, I almost wish it was my xray that had broken after all of this. Then I could at least defend myself rather than my friend.

I would post some from my xray but I haven't gotten any yet, I did chip a tooth in the differential running it dry....but the picture was so blurry that it didn't matter. When/if the diff strips away I'll post it up.

I'll be sure to post damage when it comes about, Although our cars don't break much. I have an awesome airplane crash video, but its over 300 megs!

46u, you seem to be the type of person that even if proved wrong, still wouldn't agree. This isn't the case, nor can it be proved. I'm sorry man, I'm not trying to hide anything from some guy on the internet by editing my post. What the hell do you think the edit button is for???? editing. If I thought hyper 8s were junk, I would tell you to your face. Since I don't, we haven't to worry do we?

Old 04-05-2007, 02:23 AM
sexyfingaz

ORIGINAL: DOWN UNDER DAVE

yes, more pictures of carnage ridden buggies would be great... actually i should have a few pics of a certain 'caster zx1' and a 'wretched gs avenger' that are really true to form, bent chassis,broken wing mounts, snapped rear diff mounts, broken servo horns, this list could go on for ever.
what you think fingaz? the gs after-picture after a "bazooka" slamimng into it at full speed would have been good, or perhaps the caster when a gs was thru with it at full throttle, we're gonna have to have a camera handy at the next meet, even a hyper 7 might make it into the gallery...
c'om dave its only a 'wretched gs' because it snapped your zx1 , broke the whole front end lol and the gs came out if it with not even a scratch lol, i think a few hyper 7's would make the gallery espically after the amount of c-hub's we have seen broken!!!
Old 04-05-2007, 02:32 AM
damian.in.sa

mate if i took pics of all the damage i've done to my 7 there'd be 15 pages in this thread! and it's only cause the 7 is so tough that it's not 30 pages!!! all the damage has been driver error i would have to say though - can't blame the buggy...
Old 04-05-2007, 02:38 AM
damian.in.sa

nothing special in this pic but it's what i'm using as my phone background. i'd done clutch bearings in a qualifier and had the motor out to change them. when i went to put the motor back in i spotted this. had to laugh! so i raced with it like that - wasn't gunna miss 2 qualifiers!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40656.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	657386  
Old 04-05-2007, 02:56 AM
sexyfingaz

that is quite a good leak, how did u go in the qualifier mate?
Old 04-05-2007, 04:08 AM
DOWN UNDER DAVE

jeez, i had to look twice, thought that pic was of that wretched gs, but then i realised that the gs leaks are far more severe,
i think those gs avengers run grease in the shocks 'cause they can't keep the oil in[sm=lol.gif]... the o rings are an optional extra...
Old 04-05-2007, 04:30 AM
sexyfingaz

c'om mate you know thats not true they don't leak, but your zx1 thats a different story, how many set's of shock seals did you put in that?
Old 04-11-2007, 07:40 PM
damian.in.sa

sexyfingaz - i probably finished middle of the pack (knowing me). i got a third in the a-main last sunday (easter) -pretty stoked about that!
Old 04-12-2007, 03:31 AM
sexyfingaz

ORIGINAL: damian.in.sa

sexyfingaz - i probably finished middle of the pack (knowing me). i got a third in the a-main last sunday (easter) -pretty stoked about that!
is that with the hyper 7? also are you going to the act titles at the end of the month?