Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Hyper 7 Two Speed

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 07:47 AM
DiscoStu666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hyper 7 Two Speed

Hi Guys,

I picked up a Hyper 7 used, standard .21 hyper engine on it. The bloke had got the two speed set for it, so took that too. I have fitted the unit with a lot of mods to get the thing to fit including the tank etc.

The problem that I am having is setting the two speed, The car is not changing gear, does anyone know how to set the gears?? It has a similar arrangement to the Savage 2/3 speed with adjustments, but the thing will not change gear. Any Ideas????

Cheers for your help.

Stuart
Old 05-25-2007, 01:18 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Hyper 7 Two Speed

Take the 2-speed out and sell it on ebay. A buggy is not a buggy without a centre differential. I'm afraid I can't help you with the problem, as even though I had a Hyper 7, I would never have considered putting a 2 speed in it, therefore I've never even seen the unit.

Centre diffs rule, and the 2 speed does nothing for you I promise. Maybe give you slightly better acceleration, which should always good with a decent torquey engine anyway. Honestly, put the centre diff back in, and if you're looking for more top speed, just gear it up a bit.