Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Picco P7-R pull start

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 01:20 AM
yfzracer912

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picco P7-R pull start

I bought a Picco P7-R and would like to add a pull start to it but I am new to this hobby and not sure what parts I need. I know I need the pull start assembly but I think I need the one way bearing too right?
Old 06-05-2007, 04:22 AM
Captain Firearms

Default RE: Picco P7-R pull start

I don't think you can add a pullstart to that engine. The crankshaft are to short and can not connect to the pullstart assembly.

Why would you do it? It takes power from the engine and is a pain to work with. It is much better to get a starterbox.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:03 AM
JB COMP

you can't put a pull start on that engine. the P7R is a racing engine and racers don't use pullstarts. heres the two things you can do, (1.) get a starter box. (2.) sell that engine and get one that has a pullstart.

I recommend gettinmg a starter box, because you will have a much better verity of engines with a starter box. heres the starter box http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/5429
Old 06-05-2007, 10:03 AM
yfzracer912

Alright thanks guys!
Old 06-05-2007, 10:36 AM
JB COMP

you will be alot happier with a starter box, because once you set it up then all you do is put your car on there and push down and it starts, and with a starter box the engine will turn higher rpm's and have more power. (I thank with a non pull start engine you get an extra 1,000 - 2,000rpms out of the engine)