Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

XTM XT2 problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 03:54 PM
PleXo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XTM XT2 problem

ok guys ive head my xt2 sitting for 2 months since 2 weeks ago, seemed to run a wee bit sluggish, then when it got fully warmed up when it idled, bang knocked out, so i reset the needles to factory and it wudnt start, started tuning the low speed a bit leaner til it started, started then knocked out, after a lil tuning i got it runnin, next day was back to square 1, anyways im just wondering if theres anything i can do to try and fix this? also now the pull cord doesnt retrack, im convinced its NOT the spring inside because if i turn the fly wheel to bring the pull cord back in, if you pull the cord a bit enough that it doesnt do a turn over it still retracts

had this problem before i just started it and it went away but, maybe this is a problem that will keep re-appearing

thanks for any help you guys are the best
Old 08-03-2007, 04:24 PM
jatoracing33

Default RE: XTM XT2 problem

check the one way bearing...mite be your problem, but i doubt it. check for engine wear, parts may be worn out. check the carb for air leaks too
Old 08-03-2007, 05:01 PM
PleXo

will check tomorrow m8 cant start it up too late hehe will have neighbours moanin

thanks for the tips
Old 08-09-2007, 07:08 AM
PleXo

ok guys, i stripped the car down the other day and cleaned it all down with a tooth brush, i took the engine head off cleaned all round that etc, i reset all the needles to factory, started it up after a few tweaks of the low speed needle( leaning it off) it started, sounded nice at the start ofcourse to start if u throttled too much it wud knock out, after about 10mins of tuning both low speed and high speed it was working nicely, took it out on the road was working ok, after about half an hour it started having troubles it knocked out with half a fuel tank left.

also i opened the pull cord it was actually the sping inside had bent the wrong way, twisted it back reinstalled it and the stupid thing snapped, £20 later i had a new pull cord lol RIP OFF