Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Hyper 7 shocks

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 09:00 PM
Uglysteve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hyper 7 shocks

I'm trying to tune my hyper 7 for my track and need some help with the shocks. I was talking to a hyper 8 guy who showed me his car and when i pushed it down to the ground, it rebounded fully to the top and was very smooth in it's dampening action. Then i go back to my hyper 7 that has [link=http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=595_921_586&products_id=21923]these[/link] and [link=http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=595_921_586&products_id=21922]these[/link] shocks and it doesn't have near the smoothness or the rebound. I am using 35wt oil in the front and 45 wt in the rear. I have plenty of spacers, but i dont know what to do to make it smoother. Please advise me, hyper 7 racers.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:01 AM
coololdude

Default RE: Hyper 7 shocks

ok now go back in to your shocks....now take a drill to the pistons...I can't reamber what the drill size is but its just a little bigger then the holes in the piston now..only go maybe a 64th or a 32sec bigger on the hole in the piston....now you'll want to go 27 1/2 wt oil in the rear and I think I'm using 32 1/2 wt in the front...and by the way I use losi shock oil...I find it to hold up pretty good and its can be found everywhere....this set up on the shocks should help your handling and it should turn alot better under power too...Hope this help a little....[8D]........
Old 09-28-2007, 03:49 AM
vti-chris

The problem with all hyper 7 buggies are the lower arms.
They won't fit right in between the arm holders...take a dremmel or a hobby knife and cut some plastic of one site of the arms where the hing pin goes.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:49 AM
Da Smak
Banned

Theres no problem with the lower arms, your just tightening the gearboxes up too tight.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:49 PM
Uglysteve

Thanks for the advice y'all. I'll try lightening the oil weight and see about getting pistons that have more flow through the holes. I'll also check for movement wih the lower arms.
Old 09-29-2007, 06:47 AM
Da Smak
Banned

The piston hole size that most go with is 2 X 1.5mm with 25-40 wt oil combined with the Hobao white springs.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:19 AM
Uglysteve

Thanks for the help fellas...I've enlarged the holes in the pistons slightly, loosened the braces so that there is no drag from on the lower arms and lowered the oil weight. It's going great now, rebounds all the way to the top and moves very smoothly. Now i know more about suspension tuning, thanks to y'all. I knew i could count on you.