Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Couldn't decide which one to get....

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Couldn't decide which one to get....

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 05:21 AM
sh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Couldn't decide which one to get....

I have found the RC8 to be the best buggy i have driven in a while...I'm still playing with setup to see how it reacts to different changes & so far its brilliant.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:34 PM
RcRacer37E

ORIGINAL: Da Smak

No, I honesty do think you made a terrible decision, you've spent that cash on a whimsical....whim, wellI can tell you that the RC8 WILL let you down on your first outing and the 8ight if it doesn't like youwill never be tamed. For the wedge you've wasted on those 2 you could have got THE SEXIEST looking kit on the market, the XB8 and a fantastic motor with TOFR radio gear and still shelled out less than you would have for those 2
LMAO, Da Smak has spanked him self silly and has no clue what hes saying. The best thing to do is just the opposite of what that clown says. He would tell you that you can piss against a 50 mph wind and not get wet, think thats true?
Smak, go back to your matchbox and hot wheels cars and stop trying to help in a area you have no clue about.

Both are great buggies, losi has diff issues and can be a pain and the rc8 is well worth the cash. My choice would have been a kyosho wc edition or sp2 but you have made a good choice.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:40 PM
FoamyVictim

I've had and raced my 8ight for over a year with the original diffs that came with the kit that I built. They do have slop, but they work very well. I surf many forums with 8ight posts, and haven't noted a problem with the diffs. The only issues common to it was with the throttle. There may be a track that has conditions that lead several owners of the same car to a similar issue. I haven't seen any other real design flaws.

The truth is, that you have two very different animals. The RC8 seems alot like a Mugen, while the Losi is more like a touring car. The Losi makes better corner speed, but the RC8 is easier to drive fast and push hard. So it comes down to style, do you wanna glide through corners with precision, or drive the wheels off it?

Editersonal attack removed.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:00 PM
gokartingbob455

wierdo
Old 01-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Da Smak
Banned

No, I honesty do think you made a terrible decision, you've spent that cash on a whimsical....whim, well I can tell you that the RC8 WILL let you down on your first outing and the 8ight if it doesn't like you, will never be tamed. For the wedge you've thown away on those 2 you could have got THE SEXIEST looking kit on the market, the XB8 and a fantastic motor with TOFR radio gear and still shelled out less than you would have for those 2.

RCKen, this is a forum and this is my opinion, it will not be removed for the reason of being off topic as it could not be more on topic if you tried. I suggest you read the opening brag from the poster, this is NOT a "Which do I get?", more of a "I got these what do you think?" thread and so opinions are going to be given.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:46 PM
RcRacer37E

It says he couldnt decide so he bought them both. Then it states hes going to see what one is better. Didnt ask for your off the rubber wall opinion. But yor right, its a forum and you do have a say, its worth about as much as a bucket of sand it the mohave desert.

Old 01-04-2008, 09:07 PM
Da Smak
Banned

Thanks, but because my opinion is gained from years of experience I consider it to be fairly well balancedlike 2 equally weighted buckets of MOJAVE desert sand balanced on a set of scales. BTW I'm a regular at Tommy T's.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:16 PM
RcRacer37E

If you dont own or have either one of these two buggies then what you say doesnt matter. Suppose you have been around buggies for years, thats still not going to help as the two buggies hes speaking about are less than a year old.
Roll another.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:19 AM
Da Smak
Banned

ORIGINAL: nascardad24

If you dont own or have either one of these two buggies then what you say doesnt matter. Suppose you have been around buggies for years, thats still not going to help as the two buggies hes speaking about are less than a year old.
Roll another.
ROFL, obviously a forum noob there then, I do own both (plus many others) and if you check out the other threads on both buggies you'll see why I have repeated what I said eveywhere else.

The RC8 drives nice but has never got beyond the 3rd heat on race day for me without a terminal breakage and the 8ight does not suit my style of driving.

Old 01-05-2008, 07:18 AM
jonnymac

ORIGINAL: nascardad24

Roll another.
To be fair he owns pretty much every major model from the big brands and then some.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:49 AM
Da Smak
Banned

Cheers Jonny and keeep rollin' circleboy.
Old 01-06-2008, 05:03 PM
McFly505

No, I honesty do think you made a terrible decision, you've spent that cash on a whimsical....whim, well I can tell you that the RC8 WILL let you down on your first outing and the 8ight if it doesn't like you, will never be tamed. For the wedge you've thown away on those 2 you could have got THE SEXIEST looking kit on the market, the XB8 and a fantastic motor with TOFR radio gear and still shelled out less than you would have for those 2.

RCKen, this is a forum and this is my opinion, it will not be removed for the reason of being off topic as it could not be more on topic if you tried. I suggest you read the opening brag from the poster, this is NOT a "Which do I get?", more of a "I got these what do you think?" thread and so opinions are going to be given.
Opening brag?

This thread is going straight down the same path all threads that you post on go down.

What are you, the greatest RC mind on the planet? Evidently you are according to you.

All your "years of experience" and you still haven't "learned" that people don't like being talked down to/made to feel inferior for their opinions/judgement.

My first response to you was deleted for profane language and a personal attack, so I will keep this response civil and direct.

Your opinion is not currently, nor has it ever been, nor will it ever be important to myself or anybody I have spoken/chatted with from this board, either online or in person.

I don't care how many years of experience you claim to have, what you currently own or have owned in the past, what your achievements in the RC field are, etc.

Are you starting to see what I'm getting at here?

To me, you are just words on a screen, nothing more.

Why don't you get a life and stop crapping up the threads on this board with your "opinions" that obviously nobody wants.

Here is MY opinion.

People like YOU are driving people away from the hobby. Your negative input on EVERY thread you post on (or so it seems) tends to remind people of something they may have stepped in and don't like the smell of.

Scott

P.S. I bought what I wanted. If I wanted and XB8 with whatever engine and radio gear, then thats what I would have bought, because $$$ is not the issue here. Enjoying the hobby and spending time with my Son IS.

Tweety<<<< If you feel the need to remove this post for whatever reason, then so be it. I have said my piece and will now let it be. There are no personal attacks or profane words in this post, so all should be good, right?
Old 01-06-2008, 05:51 PM
Dokioto

Some of the people on here...

You should have lots of fun.. Can't wait to hear how they compare.
After reading reviews for both buggies on-line and in Mags- I think the RC8 would suit me best, but both are winners in my mind.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:22 PM
SManMTB

ORIGINAL: McFly505

Opening brag?

This thread is going straight down the same path all threads that you post on go down.

What are you, the greatest RC mind on the planet? Evidently you are according to you.

All your "years of experience" and you still haven't "learned" that people don't like being talked down to/made to feel inferior for their opinions/judgement.

My first response to you was deleted for profane language and a personal attack, so I will keep this response civil and direct.

Your opinion is not currently, nor has it ever been, nor will it ever be important to myself or anybody I have spoken/chatted with from this board, either online or in person.

I don't care how many years of experience you claim to have, what you currently own or have owned in the past, what your achievements in the RC field are, etc.

Are you starting to see what I'm getting at here?

To me, you are just words on a screen, nothing more.

Why don't you get a life and stop crapping up the threads on this board with your "opinions" that obviously nobody wants.

Here is MY opinion.

People like YOU are driving people away from the hobby. Your negative input on EVERY thread you post on (or so it seems) tends to remind people of something they may have stepped in and don't like the smell of.

Scott

P.S. I bought what I wanted. If I wanted and XB8 with whatever engine and radio gear, then thats what I would have bought, because $$$ is not the issue here. Enjoying the hobby and spending time with my Son IS.

Tweety<<<< If you feel the need to remove this post for whatever reason, then so be it. I have said my piece and will now let it be. There are no personal attacks or profane words in this post, so all should be good, right?

Welcome to the free world where everyone have an opinion. What's wrong with posting experiences he had with the cars he owns? Why did you even post that you bought two kits? Did you expect people come in here and post 'Woahhh cool dude!', 'looks great!', 'nice!', 'good luck!' and so on?

So now your going to drive and have fun with both and then post your opinion here...... oh wait, this is a forum where opinions are not welcome, what DID I think!!!??

Never mind, post your opinion, it doesn't count anyway.

Old 01-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Da Smak
Banned

BTW, I counted 7 Personal Attacks in that post, and it's nice to see you have some kind of understanding of what a forum is now.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:04 AM
FoamyVictim

Welcome to the free world where everyone have an opinion. What's wrong with posting experiences he had with the cars he owns? Why did you even post that you bought two kits? Did you expect people come in here and post 'Woahhh cool dude!', 'looks great!', 'nice!', 'good luck!' and so on?
He responded that way because Da Smack's first post was essentially an attack stating he'd made a mistake in getting both buggies. So I'll say it, Woahhh cool dude!', 'looks great!', 'nice!', 'good luck!'

No worries McFly, Da Smack has earned himself a spot with the mods, so anything against him is seen as a "Personal Attack" and quickly deleted. But that's ok, they can't delete it before several people read it, hopefully by the ones following the post. Deleting it simply solidifies what some of us have been saying. Thanks Mods!
Old 01-07-2008, 12:31 PM
FlyinGN

yea I can't figure da smak out. Hes from the US but declairs thats hes not. Hes smart too. Knows his stuff. But he's a mean person with a chip on his shoulder sometimes. Other times hes a nice guy.. Shame.. Its a darn fun hobby.. Life is short.. No need to be that way

chill out mr smak. No need to be mean. Life is too short my friend..
Old 01-07-2008, 12:48 PM
Da Smak
Banned

ORIGINAL: FlyinGN

yea I can't figure da smak out. Hes from the US but declairs thats hes not. Hes smart too. Knows his stuff. But he's a mean person with a chip on his shoulder sometimes. Other times hes a nice guy.. Shame.. Its a darn fun hobby.. Life is short.. No need to be that way

chill out mr smak. No need to be mean. Life is too short my friend..

US???
Old 01-07-2008, 01:51 PM
FoamyVictim

Says UK next to his avitar, but who knows, the internet is relatively anonymous, so people don't take the time to consider their remarks...or they just don't care. I wonder if he realizes how many feet he's stepped on trying to declare his opinion...
Old 01-07-2008, 01:53 PM
Da Smak
Banned

ORIGINAL: FoamyVictim

Says UK next to his avitar, but who knows, the internet is relatively anonymous, so people don't take the time to consider their remarks...or they just don't care. I wonder if he realizes how many feet he's stepped on trying to declare his opinion...
No-one that matters has sore toes.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:11 PM
FoamyVictim

LOL, you sure?....
Old 01-07-2008, 07:45 PM
FlyinGN

as smak matures he will discover that life is not measured in how many people he hurts but rather how many people he can make smile.. Hes a good person under all that stuff
Old 01-08-2008, 12:29 AM
FoamyVictim

It's cool when he helps somebody out, but I wish he'd stop with the attitude sometimes. Oh well, armchair mechanics don't necessarily realize how they come across. I know a few good mechanics with that problem...but they sure are fun at parties!

Whoa, how off topic did we get... [&:]

Uh yah, Congrats, nice cars, and stuff...
Old 01-08-2008, 02:42 AM
johntammi

I think we were talking about an RC8 and an 8. Have you received the funds to put those buggies on the track yet? Let's see the pics.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:32 PM
FoamyVictim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.