Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

BEST PIPE FOR A MAMBA .21???

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 10:12 AM
rologti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEST PIPE FOR A MAMBA .21???

That's it...my new Axe Rossi mamba .21 Competition has arrived (i read the instructios and the break in takes ages...3 - 4 tanks running on the ground, and 1 or 1 1/2 gallons running half throttle and rich!!!!) for my Hyper 7 TQ PRO....until now the engine promises a lot, but i'm thinking in changing the 13T chutch to a 14T

I'm using the Hyper pipe, i have read that some people use EFRA, JP 3, Hong Nor 2050, etc...Which should i use bought??

I use the buggy 50% bashing and 50% racing

i have search them on ebay, and they cost almost the same, so making a filter by price can't be done

Thank's in advance!!!!
Old 03-01-2008, 10:29 AM
dbuggyracer

Default RE: BEST PIPE FOR A MAMBA .21???

a jp3 pipe works well with the engine, the engine needs to be heated up before you start running in the engine it is very tight.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:42 AM
rologti

Thank's...yes i'm using a heat gun, but i'm wonderig....the piston never get stuck in the upper point (cold or hot), i have never feel it so tight....and it starts with no problems, after a liter or 1/4 gallon, i don't need to heat it anymore...is this normal??? (i've had read a diferent story)

I'm asking these because i had have some engines (like the hyper .21 8 port race), that are really tight, even after a gallon they still need to get heated, or get the piston realased with a scre driver turning the flywheel...

The other question...today i've notice that the back of the engine is full of nitro (and the baterry, the receiver box, etc), could be the reason of these that i'm using the pipe without it's support (i know i've should use it, but i'm searching it now)

Thank's
Old 03-01-2008, 11:21 AM
dbuggyracer

i know the mamba i broke in was pretty tight well after a galoon put ever motor is different, and you should of some gas in the crank case from being rich from breaking it in, if it is blowind fuel from around back of the exhaust port your seal my be bad.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:03 PM
adz06

My friend runs the mamba his break in was a nightmere was forever locking as was so tight, loosened nicely buy 10 tanks and he runs the jp3 and loves it.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:59 PM
rologti

ORIGINAL: adz06

My friend runs the mamba his break in was a nightmere was forever locking as was so tight, loosened nicely buy 10 tanks and he runs the jp3 and loves it.
I don't know if there is a problem, but it isn't tight (i've done about 10 tanks...and if i follow the instructions, i there are about 30 tanks left to end the break in).....could you ask your friend the % of nitro that he use, the glow plug and th # of turns of each needle???
Old 03-02-2008, 07:05 AM
RcRacer37E

Check out the mamba thread, I think its in the buggy section, might be truggy section. Long story short, its a great engine. JP-3 works well on this engine. A 2013 pipe does too, wakes up the top without hurting the low end.
I'll see if I can find the thread and link it, lots of info.