Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Official Storm Thread!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 12:12 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Official Storm Thread!!!

tires- im going to get a pair of proline knuckles soon. i just toasted a pair of crime fighters in like 2 days. the knuckles have more tread on them. if your driving on the street alot maybe you should through some on-road tires on it.

evil....its takes a few times of bumping it.. if its barely broken in, its can be a real pain. sometimes it gets stuck at tdc.

str8 maybe your car bottomed out and it stopped the flywheel? it happens. you shoulda asked me earlier about the pull start off the gs .21 . i sold the whole engine so i cant help you with that now.
try stormerhobbies they have a good gs parts line. it might be out of stock though too.

hey harry you should spend the cash on a failsafe. its the most important thign to keep your car from taking off on you.
Old 05-27-2003, 01:25 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Pack for your tires, what condition are you running on? Use knuckles for really hard packed clay. if the track is kinda hard and has lose dirt, get the Panther chameloions.they work great.
My pullstart is alos getting destroyed, that little piece of fuel line is broke and all sorts of things, still works though.
I think im going to get a throlttle return spring and the kyosho spring and other goodies.
Old 05-27-2003, 10:58 AM
My Feedback: (-1)

rcharry i say either get the failsafe and the springs, or the new pipe...you can always use some extra horsepower!
Old 05-27-2003, 11:00 AM
My Feedback: (-1)

what difference would an updated receiver (like that novak) do rather than just the stock one that comes with the xr2?
Old 05-27-2003, 11:44 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will not see a difference if you replace the stock receiver with a Novak unit (or any other for that matter).
Old 05-27-2003, 03:36 PM

tweet some people claim quicker response, but i could care less even if it was true.

some of those novaks are the crystla-less so that would be cool. i heard they are glitchy though.

hey harry if your only getting the throttle return spring, id say WAIT...get yourself the failsafe. if i turn my radio off, the throttle return spring doesnt do anything.you need the failsafe to protect you $1000 ride.
Old 05-27-2003, 04:17 PM

The difference in response time is in nanoseconds. You can detect a difference using lab equipment, but that's about it.

I have a KO Mars and a Mars R. Frequency response on the Mars R is 40% faster, but this seemingly large increase so miniscule in real time, it is impossible for a human being to detect the difference. Without looking at the transmitter, you can't tell them apart in use.
Old 05-27-2003, 09:21 PM

i think with the xxl reciver, you get a little father distance and better control. iv had a xxl before and there is a difference, plus its smaller. The radio is kinda small and i have a hard time getting batt and reciever out.
I thinks im going to get the kyosho springs and the reciever thats only 70 bux.
Old 05-28-2003, 12:28 AM

Oh pack, a throttle return spring will return the throttle servo back to idle level so your car still wont run away.
And are the ofna blue springs similar to the kyosho blue.
Old 05-28-2003, 09:18 PM

Default Rear Tow in

Hey guys I hope im writing thist in the right place,I have rtr storm,Im wondering what effect changing the tow in will have on an oval track
Old 05-28-2003, 09:25 PM

Here's a helpful link on suspension adjustments.

http://www.teamassociated.com/basics...dbook_susp.htm
Old 05-28-2003, 09:30 PM

Default thanks tweety

thank you for the feed back,one thing i did find out that might help some one is on the stock spring set up,my storm used to nose over on the jumps so played aroun and stiffened the front with large pre loads,and it was all good after that
Old 05-29-2003, 01:48 AM

Hey do you guys have problems with the front lower suspensaon arm mounts. Im haveing major probs, the screw that do in, keep falling out or getting destroyed, ive broken 2 and bent 2 what the prob.
Old 05-29-2003, 01:51 AM

i did... then i put in longer screws. It did the trick haven't had a problem since.

L8r,
Garrett
Old 05-29-2003, 02:22 AM

how much longer
Old 05-29-2003, 02:23 AM

I recommend using bolts long enough to allow the use of nylock nuts. If you tighten nylock nuts after the bolts are tightened, you reduce the probability of them loosening up.
Old 05-29-2003, 02:33 AM

cool ill be sure to get some!
Old 05-29-2003, 02:35 AM

harry if your return spring is pulling your servo to closed carb position, i wouldnt expect that servo to last long.

if you turn your radio off, the servo should stay wheres its at with out a failsafe. that means your expecting a sprin gto over-ride your servo and close the throttle...not good.

from what i understand form eading the debate about this here on rcu, the throttle return sprin gis only designed to return the carb to closed if the linkage comes off the servo.

im gonna re-read the topic and see what the consensus was.
Old 05-29-2003, 02:42 AM

A throttle return spring will only close the carburetor if (and only if) your on-board radio gear loses power. If your receiver pack falls out, the throttle return spring will help. If you lose radio signal or experience glitching, a throttle return spring will not help.

The best solution is to use both a throttle return spring and a fail-safe.
Old 05-29-2003, 02:58 AM

Alright, so i should go with failsafe, i probably will. Later on. im really good about battery charging and battery watching.
When is someone going to part a storm pro on ebay!
Old 05-29-2003, 03:02 AM

yeah i got a dynamite failsafe.

so you guys know....my lhs said anything made by JR or dynamite is gaurenteed...dunno how long but ive seen guys bring in servos that were broke from crashes and he just gives em a new one and sends the busted one back.
he said same thing with failsafes.

harry what you want out of the pro? all the graphite?
i might switch back to the aluminum, cause i think it looks better.
the shock towers? the chassis? the cvds?
Old 05-29-2003, 03:16 AM

yeah i want the graphite radio plate and upper plate, and the pro torque rods and the alum rear rod holder. I have the pro shock towers.
Ill trade for the aluminum
As for the fail safe which i was reading. What happens when the linkage pops off the carb when its at full throttle, by by storm, cuz the fail safe can do anything. But that one guy had it where the spring closed the carb at all times and the throttle servo was the only was to open it.
Old 05-29-2003, 09:27 AM

My car thottle servo locks up sometimes.. it getting really annoying.. i have fail safe switch and i think it's cutting in (it seems to put the brakes on..)... but the lights not on when it locks up.. strange..

i don't have the failsafe stuck down and it rattling around.. i going to sort this out now... do think that's why it cutting in...

to fix the problem i have turn the receiver switch (on the car) off and on.. again..

this has only starting happenning so i'm total confussed..

all battteries are fine...

the steering servo is fine when this all happens...

please help..
Old 05-29-2003, 11:10 AM

Default 2 broken chassies

I dont know if this is common ,but in the first two weeks i broke 2 chassies,ok bad driving,what happened is I clipped the wheel on somthing two times and instead of braking a suspension part it ripped the screw hole out of the chassie where the control arm mounts screw in, look at your chassie and you will see that there is only about a 16th of metal around the front of the holes,so I had to buy two new chassies,this is a very week part of the buggy Has this happened to anyone else,This was costly and time consuming to change it over two times,I dont think this should happen,never the less I still lie my storm,more fun than my tmaxx
Old 05-29-2003, 11:48 AM

Did you replace the chassis with another blue storm chassis? I haven't had that problem with either of my storm pros. If it happens again (and I hope it doesn't), upgrade to the pro chassis.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.