Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

RC8 or MBX5R

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 04:06 PM
DeonG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC8 or MBX5R

Is RC8 better than the mugen MBX5R
Old 03-31-2008, 04:52 PM
adz06

Default RE: RC8 or MBX5R

Honestly ...............no 1 knows everyone has a different opinion. Personal preference.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:20 PM
Mugen Mbx5

I would say it handles as well if not a little better,but set up has a LOT to do with that. The Mugen is heavier but a good amount more durable, but once you do a couple upgrades on the RC8 it is awsome. Get the one you like better,either one will be a top level buggy and one is not better than the other.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:01 PM
Dirt_hawg

ORIGINAL: Mugen Mbx5

I would say it handles as well if not a little better,but set up has a LOT to do with that. The Mugen is heavier but a good amount more durable, but once you do a couple upgrades on the RC8 it is awsome. Get the one you like better,either one will be a top level buggy and one is not better than the other.
Set up???My rc8 is rock stock and it handles like a dream!!!!!!!Are you saying that from experence or just hear say.My guess is hear say cuz if you've driven one youd swear by it...
Old 03-31-2008, 07:07 PM
ezveedub

The RC8 feels better to most in the steering area. The Mugen is tougher than the RC8, but with some improvements, it has gotten better.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:43 PM
Dirt_hawg

If your a good driver it doesnt matter if its tough or not...Handling is my 90 percent choice..
Old 03-31-2008, 08:18 PM
SManMTB

Old 03-31-2008, 08:21 PM
ezveedub

ORIGINAL: Dirt_hawg

If your a good driver it doesnt matter if its tough or not...Handling is my 90 percent choice..
OK, that doesn't take into account other driver's hacking you.
Also, there is a lot of RC8's out at mu local track. No driver has won a race weekend yet.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:25 PM
Dirt_hawg

LOL they must suck!!!!Almost 60 percent or drivers at my track drive associated.....
Old 03-31-2008, 09:06 PM
RevToTheRedline
My Feedback: (4)

Yay more threads like this... sigh
Old 03-31-2008, 10:16 PM
Mugen Mbx5

Set up???My rc8 is rock stock and it handles like a dream!!!!!!!Are you saying that from experence or just hear say.My guess is hear say cuz if you've driven one youd swear by it...
It depends on driving style also, you might like the way the rc8 handles,but it might have to much steering or be to "twitchy" for some. The set-up comment was directed more twards the Mugen. I have owned many brands of 1/8 buggy and it comes down more to how good it is set to your driving style. I have wheeled an RC8 and it had a ton of steering,but it seemed to hop around in the choppy sections,it seemed unsettled compared to my Mugen but was lighter and turned like a ****.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:34 PM
Dirt_hawg

It depends on driving style also, you might like the way the rc8 handles,but it might have to much steering or be to "twitchy" for some. The set-up comment was directed more twards the Mugen. I have owned many brands of 1/8 buggy and it comes down more to how good it is set to your driving style. I have wheeled an RC8 and it had a ton of steering,but it seemed to hop around in the choppy sections,it seemed unsettled compared to my Mugen but was lighter and turned like a ****.
LOL...Turns too much......
Im glad I have Futaba Fasst..
Hence the Expos and end-point adjusters...
Old 03-31-2008, 11:29 PM
arm2storm

LOL they must suck!!!!Almost 60 percent or drivers at my track drive associated.....

It sounds like your almost at a Pro level.......? Especialy when you drive "ROCK STOCK" LOL

They must build the track accordingly to your rock stock setup?

I guess when you drive stock it's because you can't feel the difference and your just learning to drive the car!

It's funny though that at my track 80% is associated and they have not been able to win a club race since they got them, but they use to win all the time with there mbx5.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:52 AM
ezveedub

ORIGINAL: arm2storm

It sounds like your almost at a Pro level.......? Especialy when you drive "ROCK STOCK" LOL

I guess when you drive stock it's because you can't feel the difference and your just learning to drive the car!

It's funny though that at my track 80% is associated and they have not been able to win a club race since they got them, but they use to win all the time with there mbx5.
Funny, I had a club member say the same thing. Got an RC8 and ran slower times. He felt faster, but wasn't. He went back to Mugen.

My other friend is trying to sort out rough handling issue. Car gets upset in the rough sections while everybody else is blazing through.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:21 AM
topcat-lll

I had the same dilemma about 2 months ago,the rc8 or the mbx-5r. I've been racing 10th scale nitro on and off road for about 8 to 9 years and I take it very seriously. One of my
on road cars is an nitro ntc3 which at the time I thought was an pro racer,but later found out upon close inspection it was for begginers. I have an RC car action magazine dated
dec 1998 that featured an 1/8th scale 8 buggy shoot-out which the mugen mbx-4 won;the kyosho inferno mp-5 was also part of this shoot-out. Like I said I am a serious racer,
mugen to me is a very serious race company that has been winning 1/8th scale buggy championships for more than an decade,they don't even make an rtr or arr(rc8) unlike
Associated who caters more to the begginers/basher crowd. Raced my 5r last weekend for the first time and was running between second and third place for more than a third of
an 20 minute A-main until my servo arm came lose, was very impressed with the way the car handle box stock. Do the research.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:19 PM
DeonG

Does anyone have any picture of there Mugen MBX5
Old 04-01-2008, 08:38 PM
Dirt_hawg

Mabe all of us at our track suck with all of our RC8's...[&o]
Old 04-01-2008, 08:39 PM
dicko

1st one is my mbx5, second is my mbx5r
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57165.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	919568   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr54968.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	919569  
Old 04-01-2008, 08:42 PM
Dirt_hawg

ORIGINAL: arm2storm

LOL Thats funny isnt it smart *****.
Its probably a good thing that you will never race me...
You would be the one saying HUH, mabey I should of kept my mouth SHUT!
Old 04-01-2008, 08:47 PM
Dokioto

Every one knows my Ofna Ultra LX1 beats all This thread is pointless and there are many threads like this, deserves to be locked (and deleted with all the smack).
Old 04-01-2008, 09:30 PM
arm2storm

You kiss your mother with that mouth.

Don't get your panties in a bunch.

Tell me "ROCK STOCK DRIVER" wheres your home track? You never know..............

P.S. Yes, I did think it was funny...... NUMB NUTS! LOL and you know whats even funnier? It took you two posts later to read what I had posted! LOL LOL LOL LOL
Old 04-01-2008, 09:53 PM
Lightfoot
My Feedback: (1)

This thread went the gutter very quickly. Since the contributing members can't seem to hold a civil discussion, the thread is closed.