Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Pull Start

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 08:18 PM
YoungBuggy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pull Start

Ok does ne one have an easy way to get the Spring for a pull start back in.... mine came out when i pulled the string out cuz it broke on my first start of the year
Old 04-05-2008, 08:36 PM
VBANKS

Default RE: Pull Start

You have to wind that coil up and fit it back into the housing it was seated in. It takes a lot of time and patience if you want to try to fix it. The same thing happened to me, I fixed it but it was easier to just buy a new one and save yourself the headache.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:40 PM
YoungBuggy

I would by a new one but i want to havin it tuned for next weekend an its goin to rain here most of the week, an i dont get my money till tuesday an cant get to LHS till Wed.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:55 PM
YoungBuggy

yay i got it in but now i have a little bit of extra string hangin out an now it will just burn to manifoild
Old 04-05-2008, 09:03 PM
My Name Is Brad

this happened to me a few weeks back with my supertigre .27. Luckily my friends dad has done lawnmower pullstarts before so he was able to fix it himself. I tried to do it myself and it seems like it would be a real headache if you didnt know what you were doing.And that extra string you should be able to just wind it up more by pushing it around that wheel thing with a screwdriver or something.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:16 PM
YoungBuggy

It worked with the screw driver just off set the wheel a little so when it came back it was snug as a bug in the mud
Old 04-06-2008, 05:06 AM
Farfa

i was having the same problem. I was trying to fix it like 2 hours and finally i bought a new one
Old 04-07-2008, 12:28 PM
showtime240

ORIGINAL: Farfa

i was having the same problem. I was trying to fix it like 2 hours and finally i bought a new one
i was having the same problem. I was trying to fix it like 3 hrs and finally i bought a starter box!
Old 04-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Osirisf16

I ahve the same PROBLEMS with my old ones. First time i did it take about 10 minutes (why you guys take so long? If i was trying to fix it more than an hour, not just i would bought a new pullstart, but a whole engine because i would throw all the "thing" out of the window far far away). Then, my second chance, it take me less than 3-4 minutes. The tricky part is to put the one side of the spring back to the hole that it keeps it
Old 04-07-2008, 09:43 PM
rccheech

Wow 2 people from Mich.(well make it 3) in this thread!! wheres your LHS guys??? Have you checked out Factory Tracks Raceway???
Old 04-10-2008, 09:07 AM
My Name Is Brad

ORIGINAL: rccheech

Wow 2 people from Mich.(well make it 3) in this thread!! wheres your LHS guys??? Have you checked out Factory Tracks Raceway???

MI for the win! My LHS is Riders in Grand Rapids on 28th street. I also go to Sidetrax hobbies in grandville for all of my small parts needs.
Sidetrax is about a 5minute drive while riders is about 20 minutes so I usually go to sidetrax.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:05 AM
cbr04

ORIGINAL: showtime240

ORIGINAL: Farfa

i was having the same problem. I was trying to fix it like 3 hrs and finally i bought a starter box!
i was having the same problem. i thought about fixing it for 4 hours... and bought a roto start system
Old 04-10-2008, 12:03 PM
Farfa

ORIGINAL: Osirisf16

I ahve the same PROBLEMS with my old ones. First time i did it take about 10 minutes (why you guys take so long? If i was trying to fix it more than an hour, not just i would bought a new pullstart, but a whole engine because i would throw all the "thing" out of the window far far away). Then, my second chance, it take me less than 3-4 minutes. The tricky part is to put the one side of the spring back to the hole that it keeps it
i couldnt buy a new one immediately because i broke it in weekend ---> LSH CLOSE! I hate it when its close