Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Question/info about XTM terminator

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Question/info about XTM terminator

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 06:54 PM
jjjjjoey
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question/info about XTM terminator

Hi, around the start of April I went out and bought myself a hpi EVO+ on road nitro car. I played with it for about week and was immediately bored with it. Having never played with a RC car before, I realized I should've bought an off road one so I wouldnt limit myself to where I can run it. I eventually put it up for sale/trade and just yesterday made the exchange. So I traded a young man my evo+ for his XTM terminator(it was the only offer I got). Now all I got was the car and radio itself so I was wondering if anyone had any info or suggestions about the car? I've ran it a few times already and I am pretty please with it-but what did I know? Thats why I'm here. Thanks
Old 05-08-2008, 07:09 PM
youwish16

Default RE: Question/info about XTM terminator

we could tell you what we think about it but that shouldnt matter. what counts is if you like it, not what we think
Old 05-09-2008, 09:36 AM
tommygun32

Joey,

I'm new to the sport as well and it all started with my brother buying me a XTM XT2 X-Cellerator II as a Chritmas present just this last Christmas while i was on vacation back home. I didn't even open the box until i brought it back half way round the world as check in luggage. I've been hooked since and honestly, although the XTM isn't the fastest most high performing buggie out there, it IS a GREAT starting point. Read the manual, take it apart, change out the diff oils (cause mine were grease packed) experiment with different settings and shock oils and springs, etc. This is a great model to start this sport in. Remember though, things do break and bend and will need fixing, expect this no matter what model you get. After about 5 or 6 months of tinkering with your XTM and reading forums like this one, checking out what the other guys have at the track or your local bashing area, you'll start itching for something a couple steps up. But you'll be wiser, more informed and better prepared for your next step. I now have a Kyosho MP7.5 Kanai II with an OS VZB all singing, all dancing, all rocking, race engine. But i still have that XTM and still regularily fire it up and go for a bash. It's a blast. Whatever you do mate, enjoy it and if possible, share the fun. Good luck
Old 05-09-2008, 11:23 AM
jonnymac

It is a budget buggy and not really a racer. At the budget end of the market there is a LOT of rubbish cars but XTM seems to have fairly good parts support, which is half the battle in this hobby.
If your racing its not the best choice, but as a basher I don't think you'll be dissapointed.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:23 PM
rclynx

OK I'm just a little biased [sm=lol.gif] but you got a really good buggy. Parts are little expensive but you really don't need any hop ups...............stick with the 247 XTM engine if your pretty new to this. Its a very forgiving engine and has plenty of power. After you become spoiled with what an off road buggy can do if you stay at it that long then this little toy will be landing in my shop in the near future............can't wait to get my hands on one, glad you guys can't see the drool [:'(]

I can't understand a word there saying but things sure look good [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR84DI0vZXo]SH PROTO TYPE RACE BUGGY[/link] It has 2 championships behind it already and I can't wait to see what I can break trying to drive it like a champion [&:]
Old 05-13-2008, 06:12 PM
jjjjjoey
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:47 PM
dxm2

TommyGun32 hit the nail on the head. Start with something basic and learn everything about the hobby with it. Take it apart, do the upgrades, practice driving, change the suspension settings, practice driving, rinse and repeat. Oh, and practice driving. In the very beginning, there isn't much difference between getting the most out of basher buggy and getting the most out of a pro level buggy.