Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

New Hot Bodies D8 buggy!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 10:03 AM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Hot Bodies D8 buggy!

Features
New suspension and chassis design
Optimized Suspension Geometry to attack the rigors of the new age 1/8th scale tracks.
Centralized Weight Distribution provides superb balance with increased transitional agility.

Jumbo Sized Wheels
Grab a larger piece of turf with the D8’s Maxed out wheel dimensions. The largest wheels allowed under ROAR rules, these puppies will put more of your tread on the ground.

Colossal 16mm Big Bore Shocks
The Super-sized shock package is the largest in its class allowing the D8 to recover from the roughest of landings. Whether you’re making a big-air jump pass in the main or taking a flying leap over a building the D8's 16mm Big Bore’s will allow you to jump, and land with confidence

4mm chassis
The staunch 4mm 7075 Aluminum chassis is designed to withstand any barrage of obstacles on today’s mammoth outdoor tracks. 10 degrees of kick up compliments the suspension package to get the D8 across the finish line ahead of everyone else.

New fuel tank with proven HPI Baja 5B clunk design
Utilizing 1/5th scale technology the D8 implements a new clunk design which will use every drop of fuel whether you’re racing to the line, or upside down waiting for a marshal.

One piece radio tray
The one piece tray allows for easy maintenance as it can be removed in one section when you need to clean the dirt off your ride.

One piece engine mounts
A rock solid single piece mount makes removal and installation of your engine as easy as removing 4 screws. The one piece design allows you to set the gear mesh once and not worry about adjustments during maintenance.

Low profile air filter
The new slammed look of the filter not only looks pro, but provides a larger surface area for your engine to breath through.

Captured Hinge Pins
Throw away those pesky E-clips and revel in the D8’s captured hinge-pin design. Each pin is secured using button head screws, giving you the ultimate in durability and ease of maintenance.

Drivetrain Info:
4.3:1 internal gear ratio
5x11mm clutch bearings

Dimensions:
Chassis Length (from Bumper to rear wing end) no tire: 500mm
Width: 305mm
Wheelbase: 328-331mm
Kit Weight: 3.5kg (7.7lbs) with racing gear
Drive System: 4WD Shaft System
Old 05-15-2008, 11:49 AM
viper463

Default RE: New Hot Bodies D8 buggy!

I've liked hot bodies buggies since the first lightning I might have to get one of these when it hits the market
Old 05-15-2008, 12:19 PM
viper463

I just called Hot Bodies and asked them when this would be on store shelves and they told me August 08... They also told me that they would be using the preproduction cars at the ROAR offroad nationals... I'm really curious to see how they do..
Old 05-15-2008, 04:33 PM
Jeremy Felles

Hey guys,

I was just stopping in to create a thread about the new buggy but Mr. Gribble beat me to it.......which is awesome. All of us here at HB are psyched about the release of this car. If you have any questions or comments please post them up and I'll answer them as best I can.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:13 PM
viper463

ORIGINAL: Jeremy Felles

Hey guys,

I was just stopping in to create a thread about the new buggy but Mr. Gribble beat me to it.......which is awesome. All of us here at HB are psyched about the release of this car. If you have any questions or comments please post them up and I'll answer them as best I can.

Do you work at hot bodies?
Old 05-15-2008, 05:48 PM
Jeremy Felles

I cerainly do. Marketing/R&D with Travis and the gang.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:08 PM
youwish16

how do you get a job like that? i would love to work for a rc company
Old 05-15-2008, 07:17 PM
viper463

http://www.redrc.net/2008/05/hot-bod...h-scale-buggy/
Old 05-16-2008, 09:50 AM
Jeremy Felles

Viper- It's easy...you just race until you're broke, then work part-time jobs at bagel shops to continue racing....start talking to people in the industry; go broke again....decide that you will have to find a real job and quit r/c....then make one last ditch effort at finding a job in the industry; and get lucky! See, anybody can do it.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:26 AM
viper463

ORIGINAL: Jeremy Felles

Viper- It's easy...you just race until you're broke, then work part-time jobs at bagel shops to continue racing....start talking to people in the industry; go broke again....decide that you will have to find a real job and quit r/c....then make one last ditch effort at finding a job in the industry; and get lucky! See, anybody can do it.

Awesome to know I didn't ask but now that I know thats the formula I'm amost there, I just need to quit racing and do the last ditch effort... Great I'll work on that next, so I should see you in the R&D department soon... Wait quit racing WHAT??? Nope not gonna do it I guess I'll just have to stay working my job and keep racing.. Yep thats what I'm going to do... Sorry I guess I'll just have to see you at the track sometime, you know racing that new D8... Oh yes the D8 will be mine...
Old 05-16-2008, 10:42 AM
viper463

Jeremy

When do you think we will see some final production photos? When will we know the final specs also? I've already made up my mind I'm JUMPING OFF THE KYOSHO SHIP HELLO HOT BODIES. Don't let me down now I've been a faithful Kyosho FAN BOY for years now, so to make the switch is a big deal to me. Also will anything from the Lighning series buggy fit this buggy?
Old 05-16-2008, 11:44 AM
Jeremy Felles

Viper- The final production photos will be out shortly, there are very few things that need to be finalized so you won't see many changes at all. The specs are pretty much where they're going to stay so I doubt you'll see any changes there. Right now we are awaiting the first shipment of production model cars for US testing. We will run them to be sure everything is in working order in preparation for the nationals and then race them there. By that time everything should be finalized and there will be plenty of cool pics and info released everywhere to get everyone excited.

Kyosho makes great stuff so I understand your concern. I have many friends that run Kyosho stuff and run for Kyosho in general and I know from experience that our stuff will hold up to the high standards you've come to expect from them.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:02 PM
westphill24

I was wondering the same thing. I graduated in August with a degree in marketing and got into the hobby at the same time so I was like hey sounds like a good idea. This hobby has tons of room to grow so I figured there would be jobs out there. NO NO NO I guess I didnt follow the formula.lol That does look like a nice buggy, I just bought a Turmoil but there discontinued so this may be my race buggy for next year.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:43 PM
youwish16

any idea what the price might be? theres an only hobby shop not to far from me, maybe ill give them my resume when i graduate college. it would be a great place to work. working for a rc company would be better but there are none around here

Old 05-16-2008, 04:49 PM
thopper

8/8/08 release date for the d8!!!! I hate 8 .
Old 05-16-2008, 05:14 PM
viper463

Is this buggy going to be a Kit or a ARR ??? Please make an actual kit for me to build.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:30 PM
youwish16

man there are so many choices for a buggy. i'll be in the market for one around christmas since the turmoil was discontinued. im crossing my fingers hoping sportwerks releases another buggy, if not this may be the one i get
Old 05-16-2008, 05:42 PM
Jeremy Felles

Viper- Luckily we read your mind and this buggy will come in kit form. In actuality this is designed to be a serious top level race kit so "kit form" makes the most sense.

Youwish- Unfortunately I can't release a price just yet. The best I can do is this; imagine the price on a Losi/Kyosho/Mugen/Jammin....now imagine a price that will put a huge smile on your wallet's face. That's what we are looking at. (For the same high quality and performance)
Old 05-16-2008, 05:45 PM
youwish16

haha you really got my attention now. my wallet likes to smile
Old 05-16-2008, 05:50 PM
viper463

Well I'd pay a little extra to have Peanut come to my local track and help me set it up. What are the chances of that??? LOL
Old 05-16-2008, 05:56 PM
viper463

What material is the chassis braces and upper steering plate made of, and are the shock towers and ackerman machined or stamped also what's the thickness of them and the chassis
Old 05-16-2008, 06:06 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

that makes me realy kinda want a lot a 1/8 buggy, i love hpi and i know HB is a spin off, so i'm just as happy as a cow in field, (vermonter joke...)

rclugnut10
Old 05-16-2008, 06:23 PM
Jeremy Felles

Viper- Do you really want Peanut to come out to help? Or someone good at developing setups? Ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Siiiiiiiicccccccckkkkkkkkkk Buuuuuuuuurrrrrrnnnnnn!!! j/k. I don't know how much that would cost, but I'll be sure to ask him. As for the question on materials and such I'd like to wait until Josh (the D8 engineer) gets back so I don't post false information.

RcLug- There will be other awesome announcements as the release nears that will make the buggy even more attractive......but you'll have to wait a bit to find out.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:26 PM
viper463

Well I'd take any team members advice on set up and hell I'd even take some driving tips I think I could use those more than the set up though[&o] .. What I need to do is come to the west coast and start racing out there but I can't leave this area too much family and friends here...
Old 05-19-2008, 12:32 PM
Jerzferno

Looks nice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.