Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

illegal?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 11:02 PM
hrdcoreglf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: illegal?

ORIGINAL: zjwhitrock

ORIGINAL: Nik.

ORIGINAL: hrdcoreglf

ORIGINAL: INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: hrdcoreglf

The only time it is illegal to run modded engine is if the race is done on hand out stock engines.

which they DO NOT do in 1/8 Nitro racing.
He asked a general question, I gave a general answer.

No, you gave a pointless answer because they never hand out nitro engines in any class. So whats the point of what you said?

well what was the point of your post?
5.4.14 Handout Motor rules:
5.4.14.1 Drivers may not use their own stock motors or stock motor components when the event
requires handouts.
5.4.14.2 Either rebuildable or non-rebuildable stock motors may be selected as handouts, but not
both at the same event. Regardless of which handout is selected, only one model from
one manufacturer or distributor may be used at any one event.
5.4.14.3 Handout motors and components (where applicable) will be permanently marked with a
number that identifies the driver. Motors may not be swapped between drivers.
5.4.14.4 It is the Race Organizer’s responsibility to ensure the proper marking of the motors. If
the Race Organizer is not willing to put in the extra effort to mark Rebuildable stock
motor components as described, then non-rebuildable stock motors should be used as
handouts.
5.4.14.5 If Rebuildable stock motors are used, the term "handout motor" includes these
components: cans, end bells, brush hoods, bushings and armatures.
5.4.14.6 When a Rebuildable stock motor is used as the handout at a ROAR Level 4 event,
armatures may not be swapped between cans, and the armature must always have the
same number as the can.
5.4.14.7 When non-rebuildable stock motors are used as handouts, the motor should be sealed
with epoxy or similar material, such as SCCA tech tape, that would chip, rip or come off
if the can and end bell were separated.
5.4.14.8 Bushings may not be cut or modified in any type of stock motor.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:59 PM
dicko

ORIGINAL: ezveedub

What rules was the Euros under though, as ROAR doesn't apply, IFMAR or EFRA I assume.
IFMAR

and the above post refers to electric motors, NOT nitro engines.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:02 AM
hrdcoreglf

The original post never asked nitro or electric. I am sorry you don't like the answers. These are rules in ROAR handbook, don't know about IFMAR or EFRA.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:47 AM
HandyRacing

ORIGINAL: ezveedub

I believe the body has limits when it come to cutting open holes, not the radio box, so I don't think it was illegal.
I had forgotten about any cutting hole issues (in the body), we do it all the time to keep the motor / ESC cool for 1/8 scale brushless. Its a good thing that rule isn't enforced in the venues we visit. But then we havent run head to head against Nitro either, which is probobly when it would be raised (if we won).

The racing we've been involved with, only electric was on the track and everyone was doing it - so things were even.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:20 AM
gokartingbob455

.........................I've created a monster........................................... .lol

i dont think that would've been cheating; he passed inspection, and the hole didnt effect performance it just cooled down stuff.

find the lap times of his compared to everbody elses and compare the time when he finished to when the 2nd place guy finished, and then see if its cheating or not.

oh yeah, guys who are arguing about the "pointless answer", i didnt specify that the question had to be nitro or electric. (there is brushless in 1/8 buggies) although im pretty sure they dont hand out motors in brushless conversion races.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:57 PM
Inside_Line

I do know HPI has done some "Arrive and Drive" events where they put 12 stock HPI buggy's on the track. No mods allowed, its all about the driving. I think thats when the rules stated by ROAR might apply. I'm sure some dude would try to pull the sleeve and dremel it really quick or something.... no.. no.. not allowed...!