Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

hOW OFTEN DO YOU RUN YOUR BUGGY DURING THE SEASON?

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

hOW OFTEN DO YOU RUN YOUR BUGGY DURING THE SEASON?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 07:10 AM
Jeffbear21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hOW OFTEN DO YOU RUN YOUR BUGGY DURING THE SEASON?

I was just wondering if everyone runs thier buggy during the week between races in the season. After I spent two plus hours on Sunday cleaning it from the track, I'm finding my self not wanting to run the buggy till the next race day. Is it common for the Buggies in everyones stable to turn into Shelf Queens during the week if no maintenance is needed? I was just wondering if I'm the acception or the rule.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:16 AM
youwish16

Default RE: hOW OFTEN DO YOU RUN YOUR BUGGY DURING THE SEASON?

i do that too. if i do drive it, its usually onroad so it doesnt get dirty again.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:28 AM
tommygun32

Well, I guess it just depends on your preferences. I love to get out of work a bit early and head to the track for a bit of tuning and practice. The more time I spend there, the more i learn. The surface of this track always seems to change, so i like to stay up on where the ruts are, which line is working this week, etc, etc.

I also don't mind a bit of cleaning...especially if it's a bit slow at work.

Old 07-05-2008, 12:59 AM
Safety Hawk
My Feedback: (6)

I usually don't clean mine right away. I usually just put ARO in it and plop in it's carrying case. So during the week I will just change out the air filter and run it again, and then on thursday night I will tear it down and give it a thorough cleaning.
Old 07-05-2008, 04:33 AM
adam-69

race on saturday, dust down on sunday. rebuild next friday then race on saturday. only ever drive on saturdays at the track.
Old 07-05-2008, 05:26 AM
adz06

I would race on a sunday and then clean and rebuild over sunday night monday and tuesday, usualy r track only has 1 race a month so between i would maybe not run my main race car but i would more than likly run my backup race car or my we messing about car as i call it.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:08 AM
Force4x4

I usually wait a few days to clean it in case I want to run it again, I just put some ARO in it and let it sit on the stand. After I clean it I might run it on road a few times, otherwise I just run one of my other models.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:56 AM
musclecar64

I try to get to the track once a week. Sometime between runs, I'll take the radio tray and engine, pipe, and fuel tank out, do any needed clutch maintenance, and do a little cleaning. Not perfect, but just enough to make working on it easier. I only do full cleaning and tear-downs when absolutely necessary, like when changing to a new setup. My buggy's been pretty low maintenance lately, so I guess it does spend a lot of time on the shelf.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:41 AM
youwish16

well i only have 1 rc and thats my buggy and the most of the tracks are over an hour away from me so i only see the track once maybe twice a month. most of the time in between my buggy just sits around, sometimes i take it outside and tweak a few things. i need to buy another rc to bash around with, i use to have a stampede that i drove about every other day but i got mad and sold it cause it kept breaking.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:45 AM
musclecar64

ORIGINAL: youwish16

well i only have 1 rc and thats my buggy and the most of the tracks are over an hour away from me so i only see the track once maybe twice a month. most of the time in between my buggy just sits around, sometimes i take it outside and tweak a few things. i need to buy another rc to bash around with, i use to have a stampede that i drove about every other day but i got mad and sold it cause it kept breaking.
I'm kinda in the same boat. My RC8 is my one and only, and I'm gonna have to get something else to mess around with for when I can't get to the track.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:23 AM
JsK

Race every other sunday, try and practice tues and wed evening after it cools down. I'm waiting on
some parts right now so its a stripped chassis. Usualy I will do a good cleaning and inspection on
Sat before a race then just blow it off with air and change the air filter after practice sessions.

At least with my new pipe I can get some mud guards on the rear A arms as this is where
most of the mud gets caked on.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:01 PM
My Name Is Brad

I try and run about 3-5 days a week.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:01 PM
RcRacer37E

I run every friday night, then clean and repeat. On the state and pro series weekends, it friday saturday and sunday. 90% on the track and 10% on the tennis court to insure I rebuilt it correctly before the race weekend.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:06 PM
mabuecker
My Feedback: (8)

race track only ... a few figure 8s after clean rebuild