Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

My new toy

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 07:27 PM
vnmsgt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My new toy

ORIGINAL: mfroot

Looks like a nice buggy what do they sell for and are the parts easy to get.
They sell for 425.00 and both parts and accessories can be bought at holeshothobbies.com and casterracingusa.com
Old 07-17-2008, 07:35 PM
mfroot

Thanks looks like a nice buggy for $425.00 keep us posted on how it does.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:06 PM
rpg711

ORIGINAL: mfroot

Thanks looks like a nice buggy for $425.00 keep us posted on how it does.
sure thing!
Old 07-18-2008, 06:55 AM
Hyper7driver

425 bucks, WOW! That seems like a rip-off when you can get this. [link=http://nitrohouse.com/ofna_ultra_comp_2.htm]280 dollar buggy [/link]

Or this;[link=http://nitrohouse.com/ofna_hyper_7.htm]300 dollar buggy[/link]
Old 07-18-2008, 07:12 AM
vladconnery
My Feedback: (1)

Good Luck with your buggy RPG looks really nice. I actually was considering it before I bought my Losi. Get away from pullstart ASAP it will turn you off from the buggy. I was in pullstart hell for a while man I don't miss those days at all. Keep us posted.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:57 AM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: Hyper7driver

425 bucks, WOW! That seems like a rip-off when you can get this. [link=http://nitrohouse.com/ofna_ultra_comp_2.htm]280 dollar buggy [/link]

Or this;[link=http://nitrohouse.com/ofna_hyper_7.htm]300 dollar buggy[/link]
If you actually saw the buggies side by side like I have (I owned a ultra comp 2) and have a friend with a hyper 7 you would see there is NO comparison is worksmanship and quality and the durability of the parts that the Caster is better. I know rpg711 got on the bad side of you Hyper guys but you are talking crap without ever seeing caster buggy. They ARE built alot better and I have seen and driven both and people around me that have seen it and also OWN the hyper 7's agree 100% So it is NOT a rip off. Hyper 7 is a begginer's buggy. The Caster is a true racing buggy with some RTR stuff on it to make it affordable for someone to go out and race it with NO yes I said NO chassis upgrades at all, now I do not mean electrics or motor but only the chassis. It is WAY stronger than the Hyper and you can see that in the pics of the towers and other stuff. So unless anyone here has actually seen or driven both lets just drop it.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:44 AM
rpg711

No matter HOW you warp it, the ultra comp 2 is crap, the hyper 7 is ok, but as vnmsgt said, still a beginner buggy.
I just won't even get into how much of a headache the ultra comp 2... from replacing brake pads, to replacing diffs and shock towers... such a pain.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:43 AM
rpg711

Ok, Just went out and did my 3rd break in tank.
It was a LOT easier to start this time, taking only 5 minutes to start.
It did flame out once, but I leaned the fuel 1/12 and it didn't flame again(i'm tuning after break in)
I am obviously running rich since there's oil all under the engine, so yeah.
Even though force engines are crap, I'm amazed at how well it is holding it's pinch. It still has very very high pinch(needs screw driver to pry flywheel when it gets stuck at top) and it's been through 3 heat-cool cycles already. It also probably has to do with how I'm always cooling after tanks and cooling at BDC.
It has amazingly good throttle response for a force engine, and even untuned easilly runs 30mph at half throttle.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:35 PM
rpg711

Heres an update:
I just finished all 5 break in tanks.
This thing really screams off the line(even though I haven't tuned it)
It DOES take a while to get to full throttle(cause of bad tuning) but otherwise this buggy is awesome.
I hit a ditch(and I mean a full-blown car tire popping pot hole) and this thing flipped over 6 times before landing on it's two right wheels, and coming back down.
THIS THING IS A TANK!
Old 07-19-2008, 07:55 PM
vnmsgt

Glad you are liking it!
Old 07-21-2008, 09:49 AM
INTEGRA

driving in a parking lot and on a track are 2 totally different things....but good luck with it anyways......and there shouldn't be fuel on the chassy under the motor....that's a sign of a leaky front bearing.....and after only 5 tanks. [:'(]
Old 07-21-2008, 11:44 AM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: INTEGRA

driving in a parking lot and on a track are 2 totally different things....but good luck with it anyways......and there shouldn't be fuel on the chassy under the motor....that's a sign of a leaky front bearing.....and after only 5 tanks. [:'(]
He remembered he spilled fuel when filling it up is why there was fuel all on the chassis.