Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

My new toy

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 09:34 AM
rpg711

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new toy

Well, finally my Caster ZX1-R arrived from vnmsgt's holeshothobbies.com. It looks like a beauty!

I'll be making a vid review of this thing soon, just gotta go to my LHS to get some glow plugs and fuel
Old 07-17-2008, 10:34 AM
Safety Hawk
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: My new toy

Looks good, but you might wanna resize your pictures just a smidge.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:42 AM
rpg711

ORIGINAL: Safety Hawk

Looks good, but you might wanna resize your pictures just a smidge.
Yeah i thought this forum had auto resize like many vbuliton boards but i guess it doesnt... lol
Just a smidge? LOL
EDIT: resized to 800x600 for your viewing pleasure. Please remember to keep cell phones silenced throughout the show.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:19 AM
IloveMYxt2

My mom is calling, gotta go.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:54 PM
razzor

That grey anodizing just look so good.
For a RTR its got nice thick shock towers.

Enjoy and have fun
Old 07-17-2008, 01:07 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: razzor

That grey anodizing just look so good.
For a RTR its got nice thick shock towers.

Enjoy and have fun
Like I always have said this RTR has one of the thickest if not the thickest shock towers on a RTR buggy and everything aluminim on it is CNC machined! Those pics are awesome pics too!
Old 07-17-2008, 01:44 PM
Skillhouette

Very nice... It looks exactly like a Mugen...
Old 07-17-2008, 01:48 PM
razzor

yeah, so many other cars do to.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:00 PM
rpg711

Ok, I got the first break in tank in.
First starting it was a PAIN in the ASS! man lol it took a good 50 minutes to start it at first. Then, I finally got the perfect prime and it started, and it cut out because I filled the fuel tank too full(pressure line equal to tank pressure) so had to try again... 20 minutes later after 3 glow plugs I finally get it started(these glow plugs are still fine, just have oil over them so they didnt start the car new)
After I finish breaking it in I'll finish my video review.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:04 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: rpg711

First starting it was a PAIN in the ASS! man lol it took a good 50 minutes to start it at first. Then, I finally got the perfect prime and it started, and it cut out because I filled the fuel tank too full(pressure line equal to tank pressure) so had to try again... 20 minutes later after 3 glow plugs I finally get it started(these glow plugs are still fine, just have oil over them so they didnt start the car new)
LOL! I broke in a Himoto truggy last night with a friend and it took over an hour to get it starting and idling good. I hate pullstarts!!
Old 07-17-2008, 02:09 PM
rpg711

ORIGINAL: vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: rpg711

LOL! I broke in a Himoto truggy last night with a friend and it took over an hour to get it starting and idling good. I hate pullstarts!!
Yeah I know... after I get my 4000$ from selling some stuff I have, I'm going to fully upgrade and get a bump start for this... not upping the engine till it breaks cause the force engine is ok. Even after COMPLETELY upgrading this... I'll still have like 3000$ left for fuel and stuff like that, so I'm going to be loaded soon :P
Old 07-17-2008, 02:28 PM
INTEGRA

the Force line of engine's is NOT "alright" they Suck serious Donkey balls.....and this buggy may appear similar to the Mugen....but unfortunatly its in a totally different class.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:34 PM
Skillhouette

The design is almost identical... So your not saying much for the Mugen... If you had a pro racing this car there would be no difference... If it had the price tag of a Mugen everyone would want one... Its all about advertising and the name... I am sure this buggy is every bit as nice, there has ben nothing but good things said about it for a long time... Have you ever driven one? I doubt it... The car looks nice.. Admit it
Old 07-17-2008, 03:11 PM
rpg711

I'm going to run the 2nd break in tank after eating dinner(in 3 hours)...
Gonna record how it handles after I finish breaking in.
In no way should you be saying it is a piece of junk if you've seen it run. I've only run it at 1/4 throttle(using traxxas break-in method since I don't have a temp gauge) and it is fast and handles well... it doesn't spin out and if it hits a bump, it just sorta sticks to the bump and rides over it... you'd have to own one to see it... the shocks are amazing... probably because of the more rigid shock towers and better design.
god I'm so tired from just one tank of pull starting.
I hope I dont get repetitive stroke syndrome early [:-]
Old 07-17-2008, 04:09 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: INTEGRA

the Force line of engine's is NOT "alright" they Suck serious Donkey balls.....and this buggy may appear similar to the Mugen....but unfortunatly its in a totally different class.
I understand your point of view and what you run and that you race and like all the high end stuff but besides this Caster being a RTR if you were to compare the KIT vs. KIT name some stuff that makes the mugen better besides the captured hinge pins which are not worth the price difference.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:19 PM
{GBI}Harryball

ORIGINAL: vnmsgt

I understand your point of view and what you run and that you race and like all the high end stuff but besides this Caster being a RTR if you were to compare the KIT vs. KIT name some stuff that makes the mugen better besides the captured hinge pins which are not worth the price difference.
Yea no kidding, ill run my HIMOTO RXB-1 pro kit against anything you have Integra. [sm=punching.gif] BTW nice caster, enjoy
Old 07-17-2008, 04:20 PM
INTEGRA

i aint gonna argue with you vnmsgt....u stated it yourself......i run Highend gear and to tell u the truth....I could care less about the RTR level garbage thats out there.....IMO all they do is cause frustration for the new guys.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:38 PM
rpg711

Look, what would a new person want more, a 500$ extremely solid and good platform for upgrading RTR, or a 900$ kit that takes 10 days to put together?
WHen you are new, you just want to GET BY! WORRY ABOUT UPGRADES LATER! experience comes before spending over 1000$ on a cabinet display relic.
that put aside, whats with all this elitist crap from you Integra? Are you in the worlds? TQed any sanctioned races? Sponsored? no? then stop with the elitist crap.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:45 PM
Skillhouette

+1
Old 07-17-2008, 04:49 PM
vnmsgt

i aint gonna argue with you vnmsgt....u stated it yourself......i run Highend gear and to tell u the truth....I could care less about the RTR level garbage thats out there.....IMO all they do is cause frustration for the new guys.
Hey guys integra just says his thoughts. I have spoken to him before and he is a cool guy. I am sure he helps out alot of guys where he is at but he just does not like RTR or cheaper stuff and will tell you. Yes RTR's can be very frustrating for new people. I agree but a newbie will be even more lost with a kit. I do not think anyone should get a nitro R/C car without having or knowing someone who is experienced in this hobby to help. They are very complicated and is why alot of new people leave this hobby. As long as you have some help any one I think will make you happy and have fun.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:55 PM
INTEGRA

at least vnmsgt know's whats up.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:59 PM
rpg711

I know that force doesn't make the best crap... (gone through about 5 assorted force engines)
But I'm trying to get the max fun for my money, and as long as it runs and I'm having fun, I'm happy.
I'm already looking into a Go 21 engine for when the force 21 wears out. Can't say anything bad about a good thing now can you integra hehe lol
Old 07-17-2008, 05:18 PM
INTEGRA

im gonna bite my lip on this 1.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:20 PM
mfroot

Looks like a nice buggy what do they sell for and are the parts easy to get.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:12 PM
rpg711

Ok, I just put it away for the day, two break in tanks done out of 5.
JESUS christ I have blisters on my hands now... next time gonna wear gloves when starting...
I NEED A STARTER BOX! BADLY!
Man, I was having so much fun breaking it in that I accidentally ran the fuel 100% empty... it probably ran real lean for 4 seconds or so... shouldn't have been enough to damage my engine since so many people run lean for many gallons to notice that they were lean.
Starting these engines is really a delicacy... you can't let the engine get too hot, you can't prime it too much or too little. You can't try to start it too long, you can't leave the glow plug lighter on it for too long... lol.
I think my next buy is rechargeable batteries and a starter box... lol

Looks like a nice buggy what do they sell for and are the parts easy to get.
Parts are basically readilly availiable online for 2-3day shipping... real low cost too, they sell hopups for every part basically(cnc 7075 shock towers, graphite stuff, lots of cnc 7075 hopups, brake pads, servos, fluids, and basically everything else that you may need.
This thing is pretty solid though, you won't be needing replacing anything except hinge pins and a-arms, and those are the cheapest things(composite a-arms, and you could upgrade to mugen captured hinge pins)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.