Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

no love in this forum

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 02:26 PM
hyper g

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no love in this forum

so i thought i could get some help off all you pros out there i have posted three times and havnt had any helpfull replies where is the love man im genuine in need of help where all the good samaritans ha
Old 07-28-2008, 02:47 PM
Safety Hawk
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: no love in this forum

Not sure what you're talking about.....I went and looked at all the threads you started, and you've received help in most....but some of your questions are hard to follow. Maybe you should ask clearer questions so that others can answer appropriately.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:52 PM
hyper g

im having problems with the brakes on my car i thought u adjusted them by mooving the lock screw on the brake arm that goes to the servo and moov it so it pulls the brakes harder this didnt work so i adjusted the throttle servo lock nut as they are all joined togever on my car i am looking to put the the lot back to how they were but cant get the brakes to work or pull the throttle sis fine are there any close up pics of hyper 7z so i can c how they should be set up please please please
Old 07-28-2008, 02:55 PM
hyper g

also the instructions say i should bend both servo arms on the brake side leaving the throttle arm straight if this is right how much should i bend them and could this be my problem????????????????????????????????????
Old 07-28-2008, 05:49 PM
rpg711

Tune your brakes by tightening/loosening the screws that hold the plates... not the other stuff cause it doesnt work very well.
Tune it to have about 1mm of space and it should engage and lock fine.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:01 PM
sparko
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: hyper g

im having problems with the brakes on my car i thought u adjusted them by mooving the lock screw on the brake arm that goes to the servo and moov it so it pulls the brakes harder this didnt work so i adjusted the throttle servo lock nut as they are all joined togever on my car i am looking to put the the lot back to how they were but cant get the brakes to work or pull the throttle sis fine are there any close up pics of hyper 7z so i can c how they should be set up please please please

My brain just exploded.

Periods are your friend.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:07 PM
andrewtexas123

Might help if you get a spell checker the, Google toolbar has one on it and its free to download.. Some punctuation would help as well.

If your posts are hard to read and confusing then don't bother to post and then complain.

Andrew
Old 07-29-2008, 12:16 AM
tommygun32

Hyper g:

If need be, write your thoughts out in a word document. Then review them as best you can. Once completed, copy and paste the text into the blog window.

As an additional thought, why don't you try and get a close up of a) your throttle/brake assembly (full throttle engaged, full brake engaged and neutral) and b) your brake assembly?

Sometimes it's hard to picture something it one's mind from 6,000 miles away mate.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:39 AM
Logi3

if your brakes are not good enough, look at the linkeages and you will see either springs or fuel tube on it. Just make that longer and that should sort it
Old 07-29-2008, 04:01 AM
hyper g

sorry for my speeling people its not that i cant spell i just use abreiviations anyway thanks it seems that i need to adjust the screws on the plates to make my brakes bite harder as adjusting on the linkeages doesnt really work i must have got some fuel or somit on dem wats best 2 clean dem up any ideas please
Old 07-29-2008, 04:13 AM
tommygun32

I've never cleaned my brake pads, only the discs. If getting slightly rusted, i'll carefully sand them a bit. Lay really fine sandpaper on the bench (flat) and gently (making sure to keep the discs flat) sand the discs in a circular motion. Then just rub off with kitchen paper or a work towel. I don't know how to clean pads other than just lay them in the sun to dry competely? If they're too damaged from fuel, you may have to just replace 'em. Not sure mate.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:33 AM
razzor

When in doubt read the manual !!!
The more info you can provide along with a clear explanation will help you to get help from others. also a idea to put pics with the question.

Reset all linkages to standard and as rpg711 stated set the shoe gap as well to be as snug s possible with out binding the brake discs.
here is a pic, note there isnt excessice clearance so evrything works efficient.

Old 07-29-2008, 04:50 AM
hyper g

ah brill i c now shame my manual is just pics no measurements so iv done this and cleaned pads now wen i put the servo arms back in u have the ball lock on one end and the locking not on other. should they b flush on each end or do u bring them in a bit your pic shows the settup with the two arms that go to servo thanks
Old 07-29-2008, 12:33 PM
westphill24

Ha. If you think the buggy section is bad, check out the mt section. Most of them rarely ever comment or help.(not saying all) Anyway just from reading above you really do need to type things clearer and get that free spell check. If I can help I always do if I can make out what the problem is. My revo's brakes where really loos and I just had to tighten the circle thing on the end of the throttle linkage. Im not a pro by any means but thats the advice I got and it worked for me. Good Luck
Old 07-29-2008, 01:26 PM
Safety Hawk
My Feedback: (6)

While we're talking about spell check, I use Mozilla Firefox instead of IE7. It has built in spell checker, and I love it because my spelling sucks too.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:43 PM
razzor

to set teh brake clearance do the following.
apply pressure to the outer brake pad with your thumb, finger or anything really so that you are holding the brake disc from turning.
Then turn each screw in till its flush with the shoe and back it off 1/2 to 1 turn. This will give you necessary clearance so the brakes do not bind. Note in my pic i have orings inbetween the pads that keep the pads open to avoid binding the orings are slightly thicker than the brake disc and they also prevent that irratating brake rattle.
Do this for both front and rear brakes and when completed you can then adjust the linkage to the servo so you have no brakes at the neutral position.
Note for the linkage to follow the instructions from the manual.

Old 07-29-2008, 03:41 PM
hyper g

so i take it all back had some really good info today and managed 2 get the brakes working only now the front lock up instead of the back which have now sorted thanks men and safe for the photos they really helped and restored my faith in getting help from ere take it easy hyper g
Old 07-29-2008, 04:12 PM
vladconnery
My Feedback: (1)

Dang Razzor!

Good idea on the O-rings think I will try that myself.

Hyperq If you got oil on your brake disk or pads thats the non metal disc or pads depending on your setup. You can take 1000 grit sandpaper and lightly sand off the top layer. Pads can be turned over. I would not do it to many times though as those disc or pads will eventually break and oh sh*t you got no brakes. Cheaper to buy an extra set to have on hand I think there like $4 if that much. Sucks to create $100 dollar problem on a $4 part. Not to mention don't get oil, grease, fuel or cleaner on your brakes. Also I saw your original post I could not decipher what the heck you were trying to say. I really did not know whether you had a brake problem or you had fallen and could not get up.

Side note thats very untrue about this forum not being good about responding to people inneed of help. Probally one of the friendlier forums on the net. RC Tech is pretty good too.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:37 PM
razzor

you can also make your own pads from thick gasket paper that you can buy from the local car parts store or i have seen guys use brake/clutch lining material.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:32 AM
hyper g

yeh sorry mate i m new and dont know wat some parts are called tho i am learning cheers any how
Old 07-30-2008, 03:20 PM
bbennettfl

Hyper g – the hyper 7 brakes don’t work very well with stock servos, nor does bending the linkage. If that’s the case you will never get them to work as they should. I've been in this situation. You may get a slight drag, or the fronts to lock, but that is all. The only way I could get them to work right was to use high torque servos. Once I did that they work great and adjustments to the linkage work as they should. I use the Futaba 3305.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:34 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: bbennettfl

Hyper g – the hyper 7 brakes don’t work very well with stock servos, nor does bending the linkage. If that’s the case you will never get them to work as they should. I've been in this situation. You may get a slight drag, or the fronts to lock, but that is all. The only way I could get them to work right was to use high torque servos. Once I did that they work great and adjustments to the linkage work as they should. I use the Futaba 3305.
Hey is that you brian??
Old 07-30-2008, 04:32 PM
bbennettfl

ORIGINAL: vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: bbennettfl

Hey is that you brian??
Yup yup
Old 07-31-2008, 07:24 AM
hyper g

thanks again yes did all i was told and yes got front brake lock up so now looking to get new servos futaba have been mentioned but wat others do ulot recomend so iv set a new poll on which are the best for price willing 2 go 2 ÂŁ50 cheers hyper g
Old 07-31-2008, 06:48 PM
gbasile77

good to hear the advice is helping. However I don't think the all the great suggestions that are being provided are sinking in though -

1. Try thowing in a full-stop, comma perhaps.
2. There is no way you can explain everything in one sentence, we need to breath too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.