Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Violator .32

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Violator .32

Hey all,

Im looking to get a violator 9.5, but i have been looking and it seems like there are two versions, one with a .26 and the other a .32. Then i noticed they have one called the Violator 9.5V and one called the Violator 9.5KP. But many places such as tower hobbies list the 9.5kp having a .32, but will have a .26 in the picture displayed. I also read the ofna "super buggy shootout" in R/C Driver and they showed pictures of the buggy with a Force .32 once more. What Gives? Which one has the big-honkin' .32?!

[sm=confused.gif]
Old 08-13-2008, 12:12 PM

Default RE: Violator .32

bump.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:02 PM

If you want that wide off a wheel base just go for a truggy. One of the violators big design flaws is the steering knuckles and kingpin style suspension. Believe me a .32 on a buggy is overkill. I run .28 and .21 on my X1's and the .21 is the faster engine. There are better Ofna buggies to be had.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:14 PM

ORIGINAL: El Burro

Hey all,

Im looking to get a violator 9.5, but i have been looking and it seems like there are two versions, one with a .26 and the other a .32. Then i noticed they have one called the Violator 9.5V and one called the Violator 9.5KP. But many places such as tower hobbies list the 9.5kp having a .32, but will have a .26 in the picture displayed. I also read the ofna "super buggy shootout" in R/C Driver and they showed pictures of the buggy with a Force .32 once more. What Gives? Which one has the big-honkin' .32?!

[sm=confused.gif]
The main answer to your question is it depends on how old they stores stock is. The Violator used to come with the Force 26 but about 1.5-2 years ago they changed to including the Force 32 (I think in between they even had a Force 28 on them for a little while). Most of the Ofna RTR’s were upgraded similarly.

A lot of time the ad’s and box artwork weren’t even changed. I know a guy who bought a Jammin RTR that had Force 26 all over the box but the buggy actually had a Force 28 on it. IDk whick number denotes what engine is actually in the box though.

The reason for the artwork confusion is most likely that it costs money for photo shoots and why spend money on new pics when the buggy looks virtually identical to upgrade version.

I do agree with hrdcoreglf, the violator has a really crappy front end. The Ravager or plain 9.5 would be better choices. They both have a different front knuckle design and are the same buggy as the Violator.