Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

How are the GS Storm Pro's?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 08:26 PM
desai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How are the GS Storm Pro's?

Well i used to know a guy who had about a year ago. He had nothing but trouble with it. He in fact hated his buggy. He broke it constantly just driving it normally or doing stuff that mugens and kyoshos could easily handle. So I'm asking you how this buggy is now? Is it still unrealiable or has it been updated? Durable or mainly made for racing? Im gonna bash it with monster jumps so i gotta know.

thanksHow are the GS Storm Pro's
Old 05-27-2003, 10:45 PM
Evilpob

well i've got a GS Storm Sport.. and i've had problems but hat comes with every car that you try and jump... i only broken a shock tower (jump in on tarmac and round it 10 times.. lol) just bought an Forini part... so much more stronger!!!

and one pull starts.. (this always goes in .21 engines..)

and thats it so far...

i know the pro is a lot strong than mine...

Buy one!!
Old 05-27-2003, 11:37 PM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

the pro chassis is a lot stornger than the rtr.

the pro has carbon fiber supports through out, which are stronger than the aluminum on the rtr.

the pro your friend had a few years ago is still the pro of today.

i have a storm pro, and im very happy with it. at a track im not so sure i could compete with a kyosho, but its almost twice the price.
i havent broken anything yet, in almost a gallon of fuel on a used pro.

these are the know durability problems for the storms.
shock towers a bit weak
stock clutch bell weak
lower arms/hinge pin holder design flawed/weak

if you upgrade those to the aftermarket stuff you would have a solid buggy which for the money is hard to pass up.
Old 05-28-2003, 12:45 AM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a pair of Kyoshos and a pair of Storm Pros. A stock storm pro will hang with any car on the track.
Old 01-12-2004, 10:18 PM
nb

Default RE: How are the GS Storm Pro's?

I'm getting a storm pro tomorrow sometime, BBT delivering it.

Over on ebay's a graphite center differential/brake setup but no manufacturer's mentioned.

Anyone know who's making this kit and how much it sells for new? Know where I can find one besided ebay?

I've had a Storm RTR for about a year, have run about a gallon of blue thunder 20% through it. It's a great car, my first gas buggy; my first RC car (besides some microsizers) and so far nothing's gone wrong except for when I banged it into the gutter drain after about my first hour of running it around on my street. Front shock tower bent, I tore it apart and straightened it out (but am also expecting some carbon fiber upgrades in the mail from someone else). I like the storm, the price, the functionality, the speed, the distance (it can run farther than I can see - and yes, I have a failsafe).

Thanks in advance.

-Norm
Old 01-18-2004, 01:21 AM
hdflhr1997
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: How are the GS Storm Pro's?

I like mine, I got the kit so i know every part. It rocks w/ the ofna 2 speed & wasp.26 it screams @ top end it's very quick almost dangerous.