Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

GS Storm and Storm CL-1

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 10:09 PM
bleinmiller
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GS Storm and Storm CL-1

Of course, race season isn't here yet and it will be the ultimate test, but are any of you having problems with your front and rear driveshaft joints wearing prematurly? Some of our GS drivers in the Phillipeens report a little premature wear. If you've experienced this and found a fix please share it. Especially with me since mine hasn't run yetHappy racing and keep the shiny side up. Brett. Up Side Down Racing Team . By the way, I've started a GS thread on rcnitrotalk.com. I hope you'll all post there some to. The more places we share our experiences with GS products, the more likely they are to regain popularity in the US. Sure, we're just a dozen guys or so now, but it has to start somewhere.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:29 PM
lrjaxon

Hi - I am a recent GS Storm enthusiast.
Just started in the hobby a couple months ago and I picked up an older GS storm off of craigslist along with a traxxas tmaxx and 4-tec from a guy who lost interest in the hobby.
Really have grown to like the storm, just bought a Storm pro roller from ebay and am now moving engine, radio and parts to the pro chassis. The older chassis now shows signs of a beginner beating it up a little.

How compatible is the CL-1 with the older Storm? Sounds like the CL-1 much different.

Thanks
Old 01-11-2009, 04:50 PM
lrjaxon

bleinmiller
I have broken a front right, front center and rear left drive shaft (dogbone) since I've been driving the older storm. Someone suggested to me to put a small piece of fuel line in between the shaft end and the joint cup to take out any slack. That may help, I didn't break a dogbone the last time out.

Here is a pic of my pro transfer project.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33834.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	1108620  
Old 01-16-2009, 02:01 PM
bleinmiller

The Pro Storm does have a longer wheelbase so the dogbones from your old one may not work. However, I have my original Storm RTR converted to anPro and am using the fuel tubing trick you mentioned and havn't broke anything in the driveline since the conversion 4 years ago. If your still breaking them make sure everything else in the driveline is in smooth working order. Otherwise, the new dogbones are dirtcheap and the ones with the cvd's on one end are pretty cheap to. Both can be found on ebay. Good luck, Brett
Old 01-16-2009, 03:00 PM
bleinmiller

Race News: Modelcar Cup, 1-11-09

Carlos Duraes, GS/RB factory driver, drove to a first place finish from a starting six places back. Non-sponsered driver, Jorge Torres, GS/RB driver, took second after a hardfought battle. A battle made more difficult by losing time due to his shell coming off mid-race. There were XRay,HoBao and other buggies in attendance as well.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:36 AM
lrjaxon

Brett,
Thanks - I ran the Storm pro last night for the first time and it was flawless. Only broke the wing and some other plastic because it was so cold in the track area.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:10 PM
cdcbuggy

My name is chuck an dfrom webb city mo and i am currently running the GS CL-1 Advanced Plus kit that I bought from A-main for $250. Yes the rear toe block that is plastic will flex and evently over a long heat give enough to let the hinge pin come out. I bought the king Headz upgrade for the rear toe block and have not had any issues with the gear box for braking anything in the rear due to having a heavier duty part to keep those pins in. The buggy is great parts are tough as nails the only thing I would suggest is not to use the milled out front brace that is hollowed out and just use the milled out solid brace I cracked the one in the front just from constant racing and a few hard hits in the front.