Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

jammin jpx or grp standard?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 02:43 PM
NORCALLUMP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jammin jpx or grp standard?

some you know I have racking my brain on a motor for my jammin. I am on a budget, but pretty much knew what motor I want to get; jammin jpx. When I was about to order from amain, I saw the price of the grp standard had dropped to the same. so what is the down low? is the grp a better motor for the money?
Old 12-07-2008, 12:56 AM
mabuecker
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: jammin jpx or grp standard?

there are a lot of jpx fans around here(rcu) and for the $ you cant beat it. at the one track i go to there are tuned grps everywhere. man your 2 choices there are a real toss up. for the power the jpx has....its a real sleeper(if i wouldnt have ever read posts on rcu I wouldnt had known its capability). and theres not that much difference between the standard grp and the tuned version. if they were the same price at $200(jpx&grp and i see the reg grp on ebay for 200)i would go grp. but if your mind was set on the jpx I would definetely go with that. you cannot go wrong with either and surely be satisfied with either one..
Old 12-07-2008, 09:07 PM
INTEGRA

JPX is my vote.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:48 PM
losifiend

JPX is great but it usuallytakes about 2 gallons to lossen up and make good power. Prior to that it will be a b!t@h to start unless you warm it up[:@]
Old 12-08-2008, 09:41 AM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: losifiend

JPX is great but it usuallytakes about 2 gallons to lossen up and make good power. Prior to that it will be a b!t@h to start unless you warm it up[:@]

Wrong....buddy put through 6 tanks during practice and ran another 3 in quali's and by the time the main rolled around you could hardly tell it was Brand new...and was making oooodles of power for being stock....these motor's will hold there mechanical pinch for upwards of 3-5gallons....and as long as you take care of the rod the motor should last 10+ gallons.....my Frankenstein JPX is Still kicking at around 10-11 gallons and its still tight.