Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

How much grease and what kind?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 04:02 PM
kman43

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much grease and what kind?

When building my losi kit I found that the tube of grease wasn't very much. Just curious, how much grease do you put on your ring and pinion gears? Just enough to cover all the teeth on your ring gear? Not sure. As well, what is a good brand of grease to by from amain or tower. Thanks. Ken
Old 12-12-2008, 05:22 PM
K_B

Default RE: How much grease and what kind?

I just use automotive bearing grease on mine. I can get a whole tub at the auto parts store for what it costs for a tiny tube of the hobby stuff. Obviously, the red stuff that comes in the kit is different, but I bet you can find that same thing or an equivalent at the auto store. I just use the bearing grease because it's what I had on hand and it's pretty heavy duty grease.

I put on just enough to cover all the teeth and call it good.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:20 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Been using Harley Davidson wheel bearing grease for about 5 years because that is what I have on hand.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:01 AM
Hoese37

Same here, just a squirt of grease from the grease gun is all I use. I usually cover the teeth, then mesh it together and reassemble and roll it around. Then disassemble and wipe the excess away.