Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Breaking in 3 new Hyper 7 Black's , help, please.

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Breaking in 3 new Hyper 7 Black's , help, please.

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 04:34 AM
airwave1007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Breaking in 3 new Hyper 7 Black's , help, please.

Hi all,

From all the advice on this board I have gone ahead purchased and received 3 Hyper TQ Black editions. They look fabulous think they should do the trick for my cousins this christmas. Little dissapointed with the radio gear looks a bit cheap and the instruction manual is a bit lackluster more info on hop ups and that then an actual manual.

Anyway it is up to me to break them in for them so that when they open them up at christmas they will be ready to run them.

Breaking in has so many different methods I have trawled through this forum and they all tell you something different feel like I am back to making the difficult decision on which car to buy.

1. Some say keep the factory settings and run it in that way some say it is set to rich and settings should be changed does that mean I close them comletely clockwise and start making adjustments from there?
2. Do I put it on the ground and run it in or do I lift it on a block?
3. Do I preheat with a hairdryer?
4. Should I put tin foil around the head?
5. Etc etc etc....

There are so many options. All I want is to break them in without messing them up. So would like to keep it simple have no way of doing a temp check so telling me 200-225 does not help. Although again some say this has nothing to with breaking in there is always a for and against.

So if someone has a straight forward way of doing it then it would be much appreciated.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:44 AM
Nesal

Default RE: Breaking in 3 new Hyper 7 Black's , help, please.

I broke my hyper 7 in this way and it runs perfect! Going strong since summer!
First tank: Idle on a block
Second tank: Run circle 8's at 1/4 throttle, accelerating up to 1/4 and braking all very gradually
Third Tank: Same as previous
Fourth tank: Same as second but accelerating up to 1/2 throttle
Fifth tank: Same as previous
Sixth tank: Start tuning needles for performance (ONLY TOUCH the HSN, LSN and idle)

Next brek in method I will be trying is the heat cycle but for the stock engine on the hyper that method should be fine!
Old 12-13-2008, 12:41 PM
airwave1007

That sounds good and straight forward did you leave the factory settings on all the needles? I have managed to borrow a temp gauge also so may try your method on one and try the heat thing on second and see after what i do with the third. Should i wrap the engine head with tin foil due to the low temperature here in Ireland or should i preheat it with hairdryer or just leave it?
Old 12-14-2008, 03:27 AM
mogi

the hyper 21 you have in them are preety easy to break in, the above method sounds ok BUT make sure you get enough temp into the engines 200f+ as quickly as possible. if you have to lean the hsn and lsn then so be it. i never touch the msn. hope this helps mate. good luck.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:27 AM
tommygun32

Airwave...one thing mate. Don't forget after every tank to set the piston back to Bottom Dead Center. You may want to find where that is in all three engines before you start the break in. Just take a marker and mark the fly wheel and bottom of chasis at BDC so all you have to do is line them up after each run. Or score it with something sharp. In fact, get into the habit of doing this EVERY time you run the cars, not just during break in. This will allow the engine's pinch at the top of the cylinder to settle back into place without interference from the piston.