Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

OFNA HYPER Compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 11:54 AM
nissan300ztt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OFNA HYPER Compatibility

Im very new to the BUGGY realm. Was a REVO guy for a long time.
What compatibility do the OFNA HYPERs have. Like how will I know if a HYPER 8 body will fit on a hyper 7 or shock towers and shocks and what not. I couldnt find a thread that answered exactly.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:04 PM
jonnymac

Default RE: OFNA HYPER Compatibility

Not a lot is compatible between the hyper 7 and 8. The Hyper 8 was designed from the bottom up. Parts that do swap over are diffs, knuckles, cvd's and stuff like wheels and wings.
Everything between the hyper 8 and 8.5 is interchangeable.
I doubt there is much from previous models that will interchange on the hyper 9 but i can't say as i haven't seen one yet.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:06 PM
nissan300ztt

Yeah because Ive seen so many hyper 7s and I cant seem to find a whole lot for hop ups. I saw like 20 buggies last weekend at this tarmac race at hobbytown USA where I live. Most of the hyper 7s were running slicks through this awesome road course stylr track. And thats the reason I bought one. just to find out that the hyper 8 is like the new standard.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:16 PM
jonnymac

Well the hyper 9 is out now, and prior to that the 8.5 so the eight is 2 models behind.
That said the Hyper 7 still is a good buggy in my opinion. Its the toughest (and heaviest) out of the bunch.
There are plenty of hop ups about and some modifications that can be done. What do you want to upgrade on it?
the usual stuff is just CNC knuckles (hyper 8 pro), CNC chassis brace, cvd's and a good set of turnbuckles and you're sorted. a popular upgrade is jammin big bore shocks.
Most hop ups can be had from nitrohouse
Old 12-16-2008, 12:22 PM
nissan300ztt

Oh ok. Sweet. Well I already have the OS.21 VZ-B speed tuned. EBAY! I wanna get the graphite radio /servo tray. I always getting the machined front and rear shock towers. As well as the CNC hubs. So not a lot of work just some minor things. And of course a new pipe for the OS
Old 12-16-2008, 12:42 PM
nissan300ztt

Dude thank you I found nitro house to be more then helpful with my selection of parts for the hyper 7. Sweet. I appreciate it man.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:47 PM
jonnymac

No problems. With those upgrades you will essentially have a hyper 7 pro the same as mine.
I always wondered why they stopped selling the pro, but i suppose its to move people onto the newer models like the 8 and now 9.
In its pro form its still a great buggy after all these years IMO.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:56 PM
nissan300ztt

Well man I beat a losi 8ight the other day with my hyper 21 3 port and the ****ty tires. And the ****ty radio. he had a an os .21 vz-b normal and a spectrum dx3 and nice holeshots with all these hop ups. I think the ofna is a nice balance
Old 01-09-2009, 09:07 PM
nissan300ztt

Ok i decided to put a little bit more on this post. Does anyone know what other 1/8 buggie bodies will fit on a hyper 7. I know the hyper 8 will just need to drill new holes. But any other bodies out there.