Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Your opinion on (servo support tray for Losi 8ight) please!

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Your opinion on (servo support tray for Losi 8ight) please!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 07:31 PM
kman43

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your opinion on (servo support tray for Losi 8ight) please!

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/11668
Is this worth purchasing? Not new to rc but this is my first buggy. I am trying to prep as much as I can. I have a couple months here in Canada before my first racing season will start. I know there are issues with not properly setting up throttle servos with the losi 8ight 1.0. I will try my best to set up properly with the added instructions but, without purchasing the 2.0 servo tray and linkage will this help the longevity of the t/b servo? Just curious. I have to make an order at amain soon and if so, it can't hurt to throw this in as well. Pros and cons? Thanks. Ken
Old 12-17-2008, 07:59 PM
A.B.U

Default RE: Your opinion on (servo support tray for Losi 8ight) please!

Just get the new updated servo tray from Losi.

Apparently it's updated and the servo issue has been addressed. They moved the Throttle servo out a bit more and gave it more support.

OH, btw.. i noticed you mentioned a linkage in that post..
is there a difference between the linkage length on the 2.0 rather than the 1.0? Cause I JUST ordered the 2.0 tray about 2 days ago and didn't think of getting a new linkage. LOL
Old 12-17-2008, 08:51 PM
kman43

From what I have read you need the 2.0 linkage to go with the 2.0 tray. This is the reason I want to find out about the servo support try for the 1.0. It is cheaper than buying the 2.0 upgrade.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:56 PM
K_B

I have that CF tray and I took it off. It raised the servo up to where the linkage rubbed the body. I've been running the 1.0 tray with no stiffener for 2 seasons with only two failures; both of which were my fault. Those stiffeners are bogus as far as I can tell, but I'm sure others will argue differently. I should mention that I leave out the screw that holds down the battery box. That way, when the chassis flexes, the tray moves more freely.

If it were me, I'd spend the extra coin on the 2.0 tray and linkage.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:02 PM
INTEGRA

you dont need the linkages...its tight but can be done with the stockers by cutting down the fuel tubing length....also the dirt guard will need to be modded as well as you might need to add a shim under the throttle servo or dremel the chassy 1-2mm...as the 2.0 is a TFT therefor its been milled and some servo's will bottom out on the chassy....but overall dont waste your time with the 1.0 tray...get the 2.0 and be done with it....ALSO get the 2.0 steering plastics....to you have a servo saver that actually works like they are designed to.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:38 PM
kman43

TFT?
Old 12-17-2008, 10:42 PM
kman43

(!!!!!!Is there really an issue if your servos is set properly?!!!!!!) Integra, whats your opinion on this question. Thanks. Ken
Old 12-17-2008, 11:24 PM
nissan300ztt

The only problem I have heard about the graphite parts are they get very brittle when its cold outside. So if you dont run in cold weather you should be fine.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:14 AM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: nissan300ztt

The only problem I have heard about the graphite parts are they get very brittle when its cold outside. So if you dont run in cold weather you should be fine.

you Officially DONT HAVE A CLUE.

Kman...TFT refer's to the newer chassy the Tuned Flex Technology chassy....and yes the old tray did have issues with both throttle and steering.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:20 AM
nissan300ztt

Your officially a retard.

I had graphite parts on some of my other RCs planes, revos, savages, most of my truggies..And if it gets cold outside like below 35 those parts get very cold and brittle. Ive seen graphite parts snap. So dude learn about graphite and what happens when it gets cold. Then come talk to me.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:23 AM
INTEGRA

Your officially a retard.

I had graphite parts on some of my other RCs planes, revos, savages, most of my truggies..And if it gets cold outside like below 35 those parts get very cold and brittle. Ive seen graphite parts snap. So dude learn about graphite and what happens when it gets cold. Then come talk to me.
hah....hah....haha....you 1000% dont have a clue now....ive made Soo much stuff outta Aerospace grade CF from boeing....your head would spin.....Only Crappy SSG or Composite is really affected by temperature.....REAL CF is stronger then steel....therefor would take a Obsurd amount of force to snap a properly laid up peice of CF...dude...your preaching to the WRONG guy. [sm=lol.gif]
Old 12-18-2008, 10:28 AM
nissan300ztt

And im sure you have access to aerospace grade carbon fibre. And also graphite and carbon fiber are based on the same material but not the same thing.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:32 AM
INTEGRA

And im sure you have access to aerospace grade carbon fibre. And also graphite and carbon fiber are based on the same material but not the same thing.

once again...preaching to the Wrong crowd.

http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s...arbon%20Parts/

Old 12-18-2008, 10:58 AM
nissan300ztt

Dont get me wrong thats great work you do. But I still stay carbon fiber in the sense that im thinking is completely different. It looks like the components your making there are graphite. Yes same material as carbon fiber. But I have a carbon fiber hood on my Z car looks much different then the material youre working with their. Ive never had luck with "graphite" parts. So therefore I use titanium or aluminum
Old 12-18-2008, 03:10 PM
K_B

I can't believe this has turned into an argument about who knows more about CF.

It's not a question of whether the servo plate is durable, it's whether it even serves a purpose in this application (preventing servo blowouts). And THAT is another arguement in and of itself.

Old 12-18-2008, 03:21 PM
INTEGRA

Dont get me wrong thats great work you do. But I still stay carbon fiber in the sense that im thinking is completely different. It looks like the components your making there are graphite. Yes same material as carbon fiber. But I have a carbon fiber hood on my Z car looks much different then the material youre working with their. Ive never had luck with "graphite" parts. So therefore I use titanium or aluminum

No comment....You wanna get Schooled in Carbon...drop me a PM.....im done with you.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:36 PM
nissan300ztt

PUNK***** id school you, most of the parts on my Z are carbon fiber. Stop being a DOOSH (mis-spelled on purpose) and get a life LOSER.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:03 PM
pyromania
My Feedback: (1)

wow those are some sweet carbon fiber parts you made integra. I have only had one servo failure, but that was because I didn't set it right. I want to be on the safe side and not destroy any more servos, so I ordered one of these but I have yet to test it.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:09 PM
adam-69

Ohh man, can you feel the maturity in here.

Original poster - I've ran a losi 8ight 1.0 pro kit now, completely stock, for nearly a year, and with the o rings undernead the battery box (the orriginal addendum) i have never burned out a single servo in it!

I run ace ds1015's for what its worth!
Old 12-18-2008, 04:33 PM
losiben888

ORIGINAL: K_B

That is pretty funny right there. But.....so very true for a lot of sad little men[X(].....sad little men who like 300z's[:'(]. BAHAHA!!
Old 12-18-2008, 04:37 PM
losiben888

Oh and to get back on topic I agree with integra and just get the 2.0 tray. I have had my 8ight for two years and have only burned one throttle servo....and that was my fault.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:29 PM
kman43

I guess some comments have been erased? Any other input would be appreciated. From what I have heard the 2.0 tray can be made to work without the 2.0 linkage. Has anyone done this? And what about the tray support? Lets be nice!
Old 12-18-2008, 09:42 PM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: kman43

I guess some comments have been erased? Any other input would be appreciated. From what I have heard the 2.0 tray can be made to work without the 2.0 linkage. Has anyone done this? And what about the tray support? Lets be nice!

No support needed for the 2.0 tray...but pending on the servo...you might need to dremel the chassy a hair or raise the servo up with shims.
Old 12-25-2008, 01:40 PM
A.B.U

ok, well I installed my 2.0 tray last night. I used the 1.0 linkage, and didn't change anything except cutting a bit of fuel tubing from the brake assemblies. The tray works good, and everything goes smooth.

The Throttle servo is raised on the 2.0 tray and has a LOT of reinforcement. I couldn't get my servo bolted down with the grommets on and the stock screws.

good stuff.
Old 12-25-2008, 02:48 PM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: A.B.U

The Throttle servo is raised on the 2.0 tray and has a LOT of reinforcement. I couldn't get my servo bolted down with the grommets on and the stock screws.

good stuff.

that's normal...even on the 1.0 with some servo rubber grommets the screw's would barely have 2-3 threads in the plastic...so i used the next up longer 4-40.