Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Have You Ever Pissed Off The Neighbor

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Have You Ever Pissed Off The Neighbor

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 12:44 AM
powers900

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have You Ever Pissed Off The Neighbor

After two tanks of fuel it was just not enough today. I told myself one more tank and then would put my buggy away for the day. I was flying down the road full throtle and came to a flipping stop upside down and ran out of fuel at the same time. The neighbor walked out holding her baby. As I was walking over to recover the crash she stopped me and with the most sarcastic voice said "Are you done". I said why? She said that thing is loud and my baby cant sleep. Now nomally I am very respectable and uderstanding but I have been waiting for days to see what my new buggy could do. I feel bad about it now but I just casually said NO and kept walking. Being the good neighbor that I am I had to go for one more tank to get my fix. I did however move down the steet further away.

How many neighbors hate you and continue to hate you?
Old 12-25-2008, 01:46 AM
mabuecker
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: Have You Ever Pissed Off The Neighbor

if i start one up to tune i try hiding and be descreet..its my toy and i aint sharing or gonna entertain..go out in there yard and rip it up
Old 12-25-2008, 02:41 AM
j_blaze

fight sarcasm with sarcasm. as long as you were within noise ordinance times its all good, what if you had been mowing the grass? if she comes out and asks nicely to stop tho i would put it up and ask her whats a better time later that day. if she's a milf tho i would be even more polite.
Old 12-25-2008, 05:30 AM
jazzpaintball

ORIGINAL: j_blaze

if she's a milf tho i would be even more polite.
wrong dude, just wrong. she had a baby....

anyway, i have dealt with this A LOT since my hobby started while in the dorms at college. All i can say is that if someone asks you to stop and you can do something else for a while, then do it and come back to playing with your buggy half to an hour later. If not or you are trying to tune, as long as you are polite and you have your muffler on, you may play with it. I have yet to see an ordnance made to forbid the use of a motor smaller than 10cc. Even in a community with "only electric lawnmowers" (god that place sucked so much) they couldnt stop me from playing with my buggy for it is no different than if you where driving up and down the road with your actual car. Just be polite and ignore away
Old 12-25-2008, 07:39 AM
vnmsgt

I would need a reason to stop for someone. My neighbor came out one time because of her baby but was really nice and said her baby was trying to sleep. I asked when I could come back out and she said about 2 hours and it was fine. I later told her husband to tell her whenever the baby is sleeping and I go to run my car to come out and tell me so I know. But is someone just wants me to stop because they do not like it and it is the middle of the day, tough luck
Old 12-25-2008, 09:12 AM
nissan300ztt

All my neighbors are big kids. So they all wanna watch me roll and flip and jump. So with all that being said. My neighbors dont mind. The guy that lives accross from me has a twin jet engine f-15 hes been futzin around with in the street not take offs just taxi to test engines and what not. Thats so kool looks like the real thing and sounds so real.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:13 AM
rclynx

Don't know what to say about keeping a baby awake other than is its crib on the front poarch [&:] always try to respect others but some take it to an extreme. For instance, I have heard from other people in the complex that running or racing around the parking lot here in an industrial area has one of the neighbors upset because he doesn't like the noise that the nitro cars make. He won't dare say a word to me because this same idiot has wanna be race cars that he starts at his shop with open headers and does burn outs. God knows I love people [:@] I would say stick to parking lots, open fields and race tracks, (thats where this sport belongs) but in a lot of cases you just can't win even when your right
Old 12-25-2008, 09:27 AM
nissan300ztt

The problem is Americans have become pussified, and dont like anything thats off the beaten path. And nitro RCs are def not a mainstream hobby. Around my area I had some lady call the CDC (Centers For Disease Control) because she read somewhere nitro fuel can explode and cause cancer. And I told her to go F**K a monkey. She never bothered me again.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:57 AM
notatoy
Banned

yes i have had issues like this with nitro my neighbours dont like it one little bit . its gotten so bad that most the time i just run my electric M.T now great shame .
Old 12-25-2008, 10:08 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

If you are running on a public road this alone can be a problem. I never had a problem with the neighbors and if I do I will start complaining about there dogs barking all the time.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:26 AM
nurch

Oh my, I remember in my hayday of actively playing with my R/Cs (when I was into more Nitro than Electric), I would have this one neighbor that would not get off my tail. Worse yet, he used to be the Police Comissioner of Montgomery County Police Department in Maryland. Everytime he left to go to work, I would run outside and just go ape. As soon as I saw his car coming up the road, I will scramble to grab everything and then run inside. Picture a kid playing with toys he shouldn't be and then gets caught by his parents and tries to run. That was me with him. It was getting very ridiculous because anytime I would try and play he would come out and remind me of ordinance laws, public disturbance, etc. So basically, the only time I could play was when he was not home (which was usually the same time I would be in my college classes - oh man I am old now).

Once he retired, oh man, it was go time. I would pull my buggies out and just go crazy all around my yard, the street, and just watch his anger consume him. Until one day, he decided to kill me with kindness. From that day, he actually started liking R/C and even bought an R/C airplane!! Then he got a TMAXX.

I tell yah, sometimes people can be really jerks, but it is not their fault really. Sometimes they could be jealous, sometimes they could really be annoyed at something else, sometimes they had a bad memory of R/Cs in their lives (i.e. their brother or sister rammed them into a wall), who knows!! I think sometimes it is better to practice patience and understanding more than throwing a brick at them. If they persist to be jerks, just go right to them and tell them that their cars (1:1 scale) are causing a disturbance to you in the morning when you are trying to sleep and continyue the frequency at which they come to you to complain about your hobby.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:58 AM
SAVAGEJIM

I have ticked off neighbors with my nitros. Running them up and down the street doing full trigger passes and all. My friend and I even knocked over a trash can an one of us also had one of our tucks go tumbling into the flower garden. Now, as I reflect back, I feel really bad about trashing teh garden, and I did my best to apologize at teh time, but we were threatened with a shotgun. No, she didnt threaten to shoot us, she threatened to shoot teh RCs if they run by again.
Old 12-25-2008, 11:05 AM
tommygun32

[quote]ORIGINAL: powers900

I was flying down the road full throtle and came to a flipping stop upside down and ran out of fuel at the same time.

You may want to soften your brakes a bit man......coming to a flipping stop upside down means your brakes are bit hard...

Always remember the Golden Rule....and Merry Christmas.
Old 12-25-2008, 11:24 AM
SAVAGEJIM

^^^

Uh.....you post doesnt show, only your quote.
I dont understand.
Old 12-25-2008, 11:46 AM
A.B.U

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

^^^

Uh.....you post doesnt show, only your quote.
I dont understand.
I'm pretty sure he meant what what I bolded:

ORIGINAL: tommygun32

ORIGINAL: powers900

I was flying down the road full throtle and came to a flipping stop upside down and ran out of fuel at the same time.

You may want to soften your brakes a bit man......coming to a flipping stop upside down means your brakes are bit hard...

Always remember the Golden Rule....and Merry Christmas.
Yup.
Old 12-25-2008, 06:57 PM
zjwhitrock

ORIGINAL: nissan300ztt

The problem is Americans have become pussified, and dont like anything thats off the beaten path. And nitro RCs are def not a mainstream hobby. Around my area I had some lady call the CDC (Centers For Disease Control) because she read somewhere nitro fuel can explode and cause cancer. And I told her to go F**K a monkey. She never bothered me again.
let me guess, she smokes, drinks regularly, and does drugs.[sm=bananahead.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]
Old 12-25-2008, 09:45 PM
romax

I had a kid 2 houses down tell my daughter on the bus that our loud cars got on his & his moms nerves. We only run in our heavily wooded back yard occasionally so i know sound doesn't carry much. Anyway i had just finished putting a top end in my sons kx250f the other night about 11:30 PM so i ran it down the street & when i got to his house i made sure to "give it a little extra throttle" then on the way back i decelled & BANG it backfires bad untill warm I don't know if you've heard one of those things but it's WAY louder than our little toys. I haven't heard any complaints anymore, guess they know how bad it can get now.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:49 PM
ace9213

should have started it up again and placed it at her doorstep and rang the doorbell. make sure you tuned it to be rich first so when she opens the door and you gun it she gets a good smell of some nitro! then proceed to lol. naa jk but that would be funny as hell.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:56 PM
romax

I did consider digging a trench across her front yard w/ that big 4 stroke Kawi. But my wife brought me back to reality.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:21 AM
bradyc

yeah well me and my friens decided to sneek out at about 2 in the morning and took the pipe off and ran it for like 25 secconds and packed it in...
well the cops came.. still trying to figure out who called. my mom sold my buggy online it sucks but behind her back i got another one an ofna ultra lx one ya, well it was all i could afford at the time.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:33 AM
Dokioto

My neighbors could care less..
They wanted me to drive right into there garage from were I was at (about two blocks)...
Old 06-03-2009, 10:06 AM
lez1troubles

I live next to the zoo in Antwerpen(Belgium), I can hear the big cats(lions-tigers) roar as my buggy goes ROARing down the street, just around the corner there is a police station and they just doent care, once one of the cops came out asking how fast does it go, I replied that I dont know so he went back inside, took a speed pistol and tried to messure the speed but the only thing that came up was ERROR. ILIKEMYNEIGHBORS, THEREALLANIMALS.: )
Old 06-03-2009, 12:18 PM
djzachtyler
My Feedback: (4)

HAHAAA, ya I live in the SF bay area, and am an apartment dweller, at my last place in Campbell, most of my neighbors loved watching me tear around the parking lots, and would bring their kids to watch! I even had one neighbor end up buying a car from me so we could race, but that is just the silver side of things, I had to people who without fail would go and yell out their windows screaming obscenities like "shut that F-ing thig off" or "hey *****hole go do that somewhere else" ... Never bothered to show their faces, and mind you I always waited till after 12PM to run my cars and never ran em after 6... Always made me laugh though when one of my other neighbors watching would yell something back... in retort on my behalf. Hell one time when this chick was screaming obscenities her direct neighbor was watching with his kid, and told the fat beeyatch where she could shove her TV tray and to get off her fat a44 and get out of the house for awhile and it wouldn't bug her so much... I ran my car into a curb I was laughing so hard!!!

For the most part though I see more people get stoked on watching me run my cars trucks and buggies, than I get having issues with it...
Old 06-03-2009, 12:24 PM
larryf333
My Feedback: (2)

My neighbors love to watch me run my nitros, but I know what it's like to have a baby that gets awakened by the nitro truck.  My little one used to.  I just got a large noisy air purifier, turned it on high and he slept and still sleeps through anything now.  Even the bass booming from cars going down the street.  It'll rattle the windows, but the air purifier just drowns it out.  I'd say try to move up the street a little or down the street a little to keep it from going in front of her house.  It's rough when you got a kid that's tired, fussy, and screaming for no reason, because he keeps getting awakened.  I didn't used to care about any of it, but after having one of my own, I know what it's like now.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:34 PM
we go hard in jersey
My Feedback: (1)

ha my indian neighbor underneith me beats the piss out a his wife.they just recently moved in.he thinks that this is an ok thing to do cause thats the way women are treated in his country,this is what he told me when i finally had enough a the screaming at 7 am.so i told him ta shut up cause this isnt his country an u dont get ta beat the piss outa ur wife hear cause i dont wanna hear it.i told him ta take that **** ta the car.well now i open the screen door and bump start my buggy in house an let it ride 4 a while,then i stomp around an do some jumpin jacks.it hasnt been so bad lately..its pretty loud inside.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.