Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

so i just got a robitronic's Protos.

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

so i just got a robitronic's Protos.

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 03:07 AM
vtec.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so i just got a robitronic's Protos.

okay. so this is wat i did. let me know where i went wrong. i used hpi 20 percent fuel. ran one tank at idle. i think the second on at idle ish. and the third tank i just barely gave it any gas. fourth tank a little bit more. okay. i havent really gave it full throttle yet cuz almost full throttle is starts to bog. okay second problem i was using is to do sort of donuts in the grass. and i heard apop. and the plastic pipe like exploded on the bottom and ripped my pull started -_-... i know right. anyone help me out? thanks guys i appreciate it.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:14 PM
vtec.

Default RE: so i just got a robitronic's Protos.

anyone?
Old 12-28-2008, 01:30 PM
jazzpaintball

well first off, if you read any articles upon how to break in an engine within the last 2 years, you would know that tank at idle, tank at above idle, and so on is the wrong way to break in an engine. It has been tested and proven that heat cycle break in method is much better for the engine and the break in procedure itself. If Full throttle bogs the engine, then you needed to start tuning the engine. About the pipe, i cant say much for i have read your post about 3 times and i still scratch my head from not understanding how you wrote it. I have personally never heard of a plastic pipe (i hear pipe and i think of a tuned pipe muffler) and ripped your pull started? Do you mean that it just ripped the string/cord or the entire pull starter assembly off of the engine? My only thought with the donuts is that you didnt have the engine properly tuned, with doing donuts, the head didnt get the air flow it needed to cool down the engine, and heat blew a gasket, but i could be very wrong, i just dont understand exactly what happened. Can you explain a little bit more?
Old 12-28-2008, 04:52 PM
gbasile77

some advice - don't do donuts when you haven't broken in your engine properly.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:55 AM
vtec.

okay. i was doing donuts, but not at full throttle. and the protos comes with a plastic "muffler" at the bottom it looks like it exploded. which somehow caused the pullstarter string to rip. im pretty new at this and dont know much about tuning. even tho ive had a few cars. i knew its pretty sad..
Old 12-29-2008, 11:20 AM
jazzpaintball

to be honest, it sounds like the engine was not tuned correctly (dont worry, it takes time, i have been doing this for 2 years and i still cant tune my engines as great as they can be) and because it was a cheaper plastic muffler, was not able to take the pressure/heat of the engine. Just get a metal pipe/manifold and a new pull start. or if you can, save the pull start by retieing to the string/cord and just use a shorter pull start if at all possible. Sorry that happened, but it definatly could be worse, your engine could have blown instead of a plastic manifold/pipe
Old 01-04-2009, 11:36 PM
vtec.

okay so my friend gave me his used jammin p2 Pipe. im happy. also broke from bulkhead thing. got thatr replaced. and got a rechargable battery. next is getting an Fm radio. and some shock towers.

Where can i buy parts?!!??! egay only?