Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

8ight 1.0 Receiver Box

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 06:39 PM
Chris_RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8ight 1.0 Receiver Box

Ok, call me stupid about this. I just got my 8ight 1.0 today (used RTR version) and I am almost ready to run it but I cant seem to get the receiver in the receiver box. It is a JR R125 receiver that came with my JR XR2i raido which I will be using. Probelm is no matter what I do the rx doesnt fit in the box! I placed the rx how it was in the rcunivrse review of it, but the antenna doesnt line up with the antenna hole and the crystal doesnt fit in the box. Also, for my steering, it came with a Futaba S9350 servo. The connector has a little dinky plastic that that extends out of the connector just a little bit. But on my receiver, there isnt a hole in which that extendor thing will fit in. Should I cut it off or will the connector even fit? The other 2 connectors fit though as they dont have the plastic extendor thing. I know this sounds stupid, but I dont have alot more time today to think about it. Thanks!
Old 12-29-2008, 06:43 PM
K_B

Default RE: 8ight 1.0 Receiver Box

You can shave that little tab off the plug. That's what I did. Just make sure that the polarity is correct; match it up with the other plugs. As for fitting it in; just gotta fiddle with it some more. My JR receiver was a sum***** to get to fit right. I just laid it flat in the box and only fed in enough wire to reach the ports on the receiver. The rest of the wire I gathered up and zip-tied to the radio box frame outside of the receiver box.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:03 PM
Chris_RC

Sadly, while I was in a hurry to get it running for the first time, I plugged the steering connector in and I noticed when i turned left it tuned right, vise vera. So, very unthoughtfully, I plugged it in the other way. It was hard to get in. Servo didnt work. (did I burn it out?) then I tried to get it out and it desnt come out no matter how hard I or my pliers try! I dont want the break it but I need to take it off. So if I wanted to change the steering to the opposite direction, what would I need to do?
Old 12-29-2008, 09:23 PM
losiben888

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

Sadly, while I was in a hurry to get it running for the first time, I plugged the steering connector in and I noticed when i turned left it tuned right, vise vera. So, very unthoughtfully, I plugged it in the other way. It was hard to get in. Servo didnt work. (did I burn it out?) then I tried to get it out and it desnt come out no matter how hard I or my pliers try! I dont want the break it but I need to take it off. So if I wanted to change the steering to the opposite direction, what would I need to do?
To reverse your servo action you DO NOT reverse the plug. They are only meant to go in one way. There is a function on your XR2I that reverses the direction in which you servo goes. I have never put a plug in the wrong way but am assuming you did fry your servo....very silly thing to do!!
Old 12-29-2008, 11:44 PM
Chris_RC

I actually didnt fry my servo! I took it out, which was VERY hard to do as it took me an hour! I got the radio tray installed too.

I noticed when the radio was on the steering and throttle was a little "jittery." It feels like they were glitching or something. Why is this and how can I prevent it? Is it because of my radio not being 2.4ghz? Also there was a rubber band that stretched from the hsn area of the carb to the slide carb area around the lsn. I feel like the rubber band is stretching alot. Should I have this on or not? What are the pros/cons of it?
Old 12-30-2008, 03:11 PM
K_B

The rubber band is there in case you lose power/signal to your electronics. It'll pull the throttle closed and keep your buggy from running off.

The XR2i is an AM radio, right? AM sucks. That's why it's glitching. Usually it glitches the worst when the radio is really close to the receiver (like when you're starting the buggy and you have the radio right next to the buggy). I would upgrade to an FM radio or 2.4ghz. That will help alot.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:22 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: K_B

The rubber band is there in case you lose power/signal to your electronics. It'll pull the throttle closed and keep your buggy from running off.

The XR2i is an AM radio, right? AM sucks. That's why it's glitching. Usually it glitches the worst when the radio is really close to the receiver (like when you're starting the buggy and you have the radio right next to the buggy). I would upgrade to an FM radio or 2.4ghz. That will help alot.
Yep it is AM. Like i siad, the XR2i has all the features of the dx2.0, but AM. Right now I dont have $250 to spend, and if I did I would use it on tires and an engine/starter box. It gets amazing range though. 1/4 mile is what ive tested it at and it ran great!
Old 12-30-2008, 03:30 PM
K_B

I bought a slightly used M11 with a Pro Spektrum module and Pro receiver and a SpeedMind radio bag for $250 a couple years back. You can get the 2.4Ghz Airtronics MX-3 FHSS brand new for around $190 and it has more features than the DX2.0. The DX2.0 doesn't even have dual-rate if I'm not mistaken. Even a decent FM would be leaps and bounds over the XR2i. I had the JR XS3 synthesized FM radio (the FM version of the DX3.0) and it was great. You can pick used ones up for a song on Ebay and RCTech.