Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Looking for 1/8 basher (hyper 7?)

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 05:52 PM
Sonolin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for 1/8 basher (hyper 7?)

I am looking into other RCs.. and am looking for a 1/8 scale BASHer. I may race with it when school ends for the year.. a senior in high school can't wait, but mostly bashing (for now.. I can always get a RACER when I can race ). What are some good bashing 1/8 buggies (or truggies, but buggies may be a change to my RC10)?

I have heard the Hyper 7 is a great basher.. also, what about the RC8? This seems to be a bit more race equipped than the Hyper 7 but dunno of the durability.

I will be getting a RTR MOST likely due to the affordability and easy to get into. Is it easy to turn it into a semi-competitive racer if I am interested later?

Thank you for any advice!

Oh and also, just to let you know I may be a bit more comfortable with the RC8 over the Hyper 7.. due to it being associated mainly (never had a bad exp. with them) and also (POSSIBLY.. I'm a newb to 1/8 scale) more race-ability. But if the Hyper 7 is more bashable I may go with that.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:00 PM
ace9213

Default RE: Looking for 1/8 basher (hyper 7?)

I have no expeirence with the rc8 but I love my hyper 7! It takes abuse really good too. Only had two parts break on it so far. I got a loose battery and the car ran away into a rod iron pole at full speed. Well it was only a $12 fix! It looked way worse, but it took the hit good. It has been smashed into by my friends hyper 7 at full speed broadside. I was expected something to be smashed, but nope! lol. Still went strong. I've shot it through the air getting 7-9 feet and landing bad, but no damage. On the weekend I like to take it to the track too. It rips good around the track. I put in steering and throttle servos, rechargable battery pack, and some new wheels and tires for the track. The engine is zippy but slow off the line. But all in all, great buggy.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:10 PM
nissan300ztt

Default RE: Looking for 1/8 basher (hyper 7?)

Yes I have a hyper 7 thats being teared down for a race buggy. But before i started tearing it down I ran it for a few tanks after break in and the buggy rides great and handles well. Ive heard tons of people bash them. Plus if you look on youtube search for hyper 7 and you can see that its pretty tough theres a guy ramp jumping and its bashing pretty good.