Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

My Buggy is Finally Finished!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 12:23 AM
kman43

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Buggy is Finally Finished!

I know this isn't the picture forum but I am proud of my first buggy and I do have a question. This is my buggy that I have finally finished and a spent a couple months putting it together. Its a Losi 8ight Kit. Ace DS 1313 servoes, O.S. engine, and some other added parts. Now that its all together, what info besides the break in procedure for the engine can you give me about heating up the engine prior to starting. How sensitive are these race engines? I live in Canada and it is cold, like -10 this time of year. Should I wait till the warmer weather to break it in? ,or can I do it any time if I heat it up with a heat gun? I'm not in a rush, I can wait till April or May. Enjoy the pics and thanks for your friendly comments. Ken
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87630.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	1107354   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn42358.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	162.4 KB
ID:	1107355   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl21436.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	1107356   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fy71735.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	189.0 KB
ID:	1107357   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oz30209.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	1107358   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lb46306.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	186.1 KB
ID:	1107359   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hj87267.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	1107360  
Old 01-10-2009, 02:08 AM
TRIPC

Default RE: My Buggy is Finally Finished!

1st off, I bet your itching to run that beast. Nice buggy and nice set up. Very close to what I am running. (Acer steering servo, OS engine./ wich I have almost got done with the break in.) If you do break in the motor in that cold of weather I would wrap the head in aluminum foil for starters to try to break it in at a decent temp. These motors are pretty sensitive to a point. As long as you break it in properly, it all depends on how you tune and take care of it. A heat gun will work if you want to break the motor in when its cold, but if you can I would wait till it is a little warmer out. But thats the last thing you want to hear im sure. Goodluck and tell is how it goes and what you decide. Are you going to racing this 8ight
Old 01-10-2009, 03:14 AM
Tom76

Mate,
Nice buggy! I am an Aussie living in Japan and it is bloody freezing here, around 0 to 6 degrees. The guys here are always breaking in engines they tell me temperature is not really a factor. Just go for it. You have a great starter box which have no problem turning over your new engine.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:04 AM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: Tom76

Mate,
Nice buggy! I am an Aussie living in Japan and it is bloody freezing here, around 0 to 6 degrees. The guys here are always breaking in engines they tell me temperature is not really a factor. Just go for it. You have a great starter box which have no problem turning over your new engine.

[sm=lol.gif] 6 degrees freezing.......-25 plus wind equals -40 That's Freezing.....kman43 for what its worth if you got a Heated indoor garage or a buddy's work shop would be an ideal place to break in.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:48 PM
kman43

Thanks Integra. I'm going to race this buggy starting in May but as you know the warm weather is a while away. I'm going to hold off on the breakin for a while. Its now a display piece for a couple months.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:53 PM
mabuecker
My Feedback: (8)

vey nice buggy man...im in indiana like 0 w/windchill..iv broke in 3 engines in the last month, 2 were new..your patient so thats going in your favor. the first of the 3 engines i broke in was a new rb..was less than 10 degrees. i used foil(2 layers thick helped more than 1)and held a heat gun on it for the 1st start&at a couple spots hit the engine during break in to hold temp steady, not the most natural idea or best although so far seemed to work well...im still working on a jx&finishing up a rebuilt mr ninja which both seem to hold there heat well..last spring my vzb at factory settings seemed to hold a bit cold even for being about 80 out. if youv had experience or have an experienced engine guy to help you out then id try a tank(at least get it started and needles set where the engine likes to be)in the cold i'l do a tank a day or tank every couple, just makes me feel good when im moving forward with my tune and so on...
Old 01-10-2009, 10:22 PM
matrixx

nice buggy
Old 01-10-2009, 11:58 PM
mabuecker
My Feedback: (8)

i cant get enouph of the new buggy man so i keep gulking...nice work all is set up great but i noticed, and not that it matters but i believe you got the ofna boxes ft&rr mounting plates switched, the ft is on back&vise versa, other than that its just great to see a fresh buggy