Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Want to race, Best buggy for the money

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Want to race, Best buggy for the money

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 10:57 AM
bigdanes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to race, Best buggy for the money

I have been bashing for awhile and currently using a revo and an upped tmax want to get a buggy to start racing at our local track. I don't know a lot about the buggies and it seems that everyone has an opinion on whats the best. I was thinking the Ofna Hyper 9 but what are your thoughts?
Old 01-11-2009, 11:17 AM
ASATRUGGYFAN

Default RE: Want to race, Best buggy for the money

Do you want RTR or a KIT(ROLLER) answer depends on that and what kind of radio/servo's you have.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:41 AM
Jatohulk

I personnaly like Xray Xb808. The reason for my liking the 808 is because it is different and not a lot of people has that buggy in Miami compare to other brands and it is easy to build.. All of my cars which is 3 now is from Xray.. The only thing bad about Xray is that when I need parts I need to order them online my local Hobby store does not have them and some do not know what Xray brand is...

I have heard good things about Hyper 9..

Do not go by what ppl fave are because at the end it is your RC and you need to like it.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:54 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Just starting and not sure if you will stay with it I recommend a Hot Bodies D8. Inexpensive as well as a good buggy. You can get the race roller for under $350. Seem them as low as $325.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:07 PM
Pathous
My Feedback: (12)

The D8 is a great buggy. I run one and have improved my time and consistency. The D8 only comes as a kit but is very easy to assemble. This was my first kit build and it only took me 7 hours.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:10 PM
ASATRUGGYFAN

+2 on the D8 you can't beat the price for a nice buggy, if you are looking at a kit.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:58 PM
Chris_RC

Or look at the 8ight 1.0 kit. They are going for $279 at [link=http://www.losipartshouse.com/servlet/the-29100/LOSK0800-8IGHT-1-fdsh-8-4WD/Detail]Losipartshouse.com (link to the 8ight)[/link]
Old 01-11-2009, 05:13 PM
madbrad70

Whats your budget ? Do get everything for racing your going to be spending a lot more than what it cost for the buggy. Just remember that you'll need a good radio, started box, glow plug ignitor, tool's and im sure a couple other things. So if money is tight, check out the for sale forums here or ebay and get some used stuff. Just what ever you do, dont buy a used motor!
Old 01-11-2009, 10:09 PM
bigdanes

I am the type of person that if I am going to be beat I don't want equipment to be the issue. If they make an RTR that will be competitive that will be fine if not than the best kit and ancillary products to go with it ie radio, engine etc. I appreciate all the feed back it really is helping.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:28 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

The best is starting with a Pro kit! Winning is 75% the driver. How much are you willing to spend? If you want top notch get ready to spend $1,200 to $1,500 or more.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:06 PM
vnmsgt

I would say get the Caster Racing ZX1-R RTR for just under $400. Great way to start into racing. Comes with a .21 motor which is legal at all tracks and good tires for a RTR. Has all the adjustments the KIT version has.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:12 AM
freeair

if you want a very good 1/8th buggy go for the GV Dominator. after looking at heaps of other buggie brands this Dominator is very chaep to buy and is just as tough as the much more expensive buggies, when i bought this i firstly dismantled the engine and checked to make sure there were no burrs around the cylinder liner ports etc, i then lapped in the piston to liner added another fine head shim and set the engine to run on 40% nitro i also added better shocky oil [ heavy ] and adjusted the spring tensions to suit the track. this buggie is a $400 australian and is as fast or better than the oppositions $1000 buggies. one other thing i did was fit a better steering servo with a 5 cell rx battery pack . top unit.