Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

go tech .21b tuning problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 09:17 AM
rssmotorx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default go tech .21b tuning problem

i have just put a go tech .21b engine in my inferno sport 3, ive run it in and started to tune it, i have found that its rapid quick mid and top speed but it struggles off the mark. i need help ha ha.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:39 AM
madbrad70

Default RE: go tech .21b tuning problem

My werks b3 motor did this and it drove me crazy. I changed clutch springs, pipe and gear ratios, but couldnt get and low end power out of it. Turns out the motor was still to tight so it took a little while for it to build up speed. Once i got to the 1/2 gallon or maybe a little more, it finally had the low end I thought it should. So if you know your tune is good, it might just need a little more run time on it.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:31 PM
K_B

Assuming your tune is good, you may need to adjust your clutching or change to a torque-oriented pipe.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:45 PM
rssmotorx

i think my tune is good cause when i adjust the high speed it looses or gains top end, it just seems to burr out on excelleration then a second or so it smokes and shoots off rapid quick.[&:]
Old 01-12-2009, 03:09 PM
K_B

My guess is it's either a little to rich on the low end or you need a different pipe. What pipe are you running now?
Old 01-12-2009, 03:34 PM
adam-69

Sounds like a rich bottom to me
Old 01-12-2009, 06:51 PM
j_blaze

rich or lean bottom, the go carbs run lean bottom rich top. set the idle stop so the carb closes to 1mm gap. richen top needle so car clears out but is sluggish a bit. after a couple high speed passes (motor clears out and runs out of smoke) stop the car and listen to the idle. it should be slow enough the car stays put for about 10 seconds, then drop to half that speed and last about a minute, then sputter about 5 seconds and quits. if it dies at idle inside 10 seconds you are too rich, if it rolls the car you are too lean. the first 10 seconds of idle are the important ones, so when you hit the brakes it should hold that same rpm's or sound for 10 seconds, any less lean lsn, any longer richen it. when you adjust the lsn do it in small amounts tho, 1 or 2 hours on the a clock, the go lsn is very accurate. after you adjust drive the car away and back and listen to the idle, count the seconds and adjust. once you hit the 10 second mark let it drop to the slower idle for 10 seconds and gun it, it should spin out the tires. now once that is done never ever touch the idle or lsn for any reason, just tune the hsn to the track or weather and it should run flawless. if the idle starts to act funny after that its because you are over temp, but the motor will get boggy if it gets over 220 usually, all mine have so far. if it does get boggy let the motor cool, richen hsn 1.4 turn and then start to tune to the track again. hope that helps.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:12 AM
rssmotorx

thanks j blaze i'll give it a go today. i'll keep you informed cheers
Old 01-13-2009, 05:31 AM
rssmotorx

i'm running a universal race pipe with the rubber seal. wat would you recommend.