Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Hyper7 Boggin Out Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 01:31 AM
RadicalPLUS2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hyper7 Boggin Out Please Help!

I'm pretty new to this hobby i just got a OFNA Hyper 7 TQ black (.21 3 port) i broke it in the other day and it was running fine, BUT now for some reason i cant get the car to idle right for more then 10 sec before it bogs out or just shuts off and plus there is alot of fuel coming out 0f the exhaust port ( like spitting out crazy amounts of un burned fuel)
I have have set all the needles to what "factory" said they should be at. Also i did get it started once and i went to go give to some gas and it had NO power at all and then aventually bogged out. Someone Anyone please help im going nuts here![:@]
[:@][:@]
Old 01-19-2009, 02:43 AM
K_B

Default RE: Hyper7 Boggin Out Please Help!

The factory settings are only for break-in. Once it's broke-in, you can start tuning for performance which involves leaning out the needles so it's not spitting gobs of fuel at idle and it idles properly. Here's a good video that shows how to do so:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma2_CghxiUk

It's HPI's video for the Savage, but the tuning process applies to just about any nitro engine.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:10 AM
BradZ_09

As stated before, the factory ettings are only for break-in, and even then are very rich. Start the car, and lean the LSN needle out, this should help. Repeat leaning it until you have good take-off. Then proceed to leaning the HSN. That should solve your problem.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:24 PM
RadicalPLUS2

Thanks i will try to lean out the needles like you guys said. I get back to you and we will see how it goes hopefully good cause i want to play with my new toy ...haha
Old 01-19-2009, 04:28 PM
RadicalPLUS2

Also should i be adjusting the needles while the engine is running
Old 01-19-2009, 05:13 PM
adam-69

Yep, tune while its running and at full temp. But you wont get it to temp at your current settings so dont worry too much about that for now!
Old 01-19-2009, 08:12 PM
ace9213

Lean out the low speed needle. Turn it in small amounts. 1/8 turns at a time. And slowly lean out the high speed needle until you see a nice trail of smoke behide the car. You don't want it to be a fog machine, just a nice little trial. Also you can adjust your idle screw. Screw it in to give it a higher idle, unscrew it for a lower one. The big engines like the .21 love a high idle so don't freak out when the car is idling loud. While its idleing pick it up and the wheels should not be moving. So yeah, just screw in your low speed needle and high speed in small doses.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:53 PM
RadicalPLUS2

Well i went to go try those setting on the needles and my pull start unit broke! so as for now im waiting for the mail hopefully today it comes but you never know
Old 01-22-2009, 05:28 PM
Brett185
My Feedback: (2)

It would probably be a good idea to go ahead and put a new glow plug in. With all that fuel splashing up on the one your running now, it's probably trashed. Keep several on hand if you don't already have a few. New engines ( especially during break in ) are hard on plugs.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:27 PM
RadicalPLUS2

well everything was going great until the high speed needle broke in half (right where the threads end) when i was trying to tune it. shipped it a couple of days ago so im hoping it will come tomorrow before the weekend hits[>:]