Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

servo upgrade for losi truggy

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 01:58 PM
btownbasser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servo upgrade for losi truggy

i got a losi rtr truggy a week ago and would like to upgrade steering servo it has a 650 jr in t now what should I be looking for?
Old 01-19-2009, 02:30 PM
INTEGRA

Default RE: servo upgrade for losi truggy

hitec 7955....its expensive...but worth every penny....dont waste your time with lower end servo's...you'll end up replacing them in the end.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:03 PM
Hoese37

ACE or Associated DS1015
Old 01-20-2009, 03:13 PM
INTEGRA

Ace/AE......no thx. [sm=lol.gif]

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_83...tm.htm#8380365
Old 01-21-2009, 07:10 AM
shanty140

I am running a JR9100S. It has 180oz torque and speed is 0.06sec at 6v. For the money ($150CAN) it is the best servo I have run in my buggy. It has a 3 year warranty no questions ask. I have tried others but so far I am really like this one.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:34 AM
Hoese37

That Ace/AE servo has a lifetime warranty. and at $89 thats a steal. For a Losi 1/8, get ready to invest in servos.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:38 AM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: Hoese37

That Ace/AE servo has a lifetime warranty. and at $89 thats a steal. For a Losi 1/8, get ready to invest in servos.

NO THEY DO NOT have a lifetime warranty....and there is nothing wrong with the losi 1/8's you just have to know what your doing.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:38 PM
mabuecker
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: shanty140

I am running a JR9100S. It has 180oz torque and speed is 0.06sec at 6v. For the money ($150CAN) it is the best servo I have run in my buggy. It has a 3 year warranty no questions ask. I have tried others but so far I am really like this one.

id go jr z9100t on steering. i have them in truggys&buggy. i use the z9100s's on throttles. iv seen too many 9100s's twitchen for fixin on steering on buggys. i do know a guy that keeps several 9100s's on hand and switches to a new(while the twitchen one/s are being sent in for repairs) one when they start twitching(all for the speed rather than slower 9100t)
Old 01-22-2009, 11:18 AM
Hoese37

sorry, I confused the lifetime replacement with a warranty.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:47 PM
INTEGRA

sorry, I confused the lifetime replacement with a warranty.

they don't have a lifetime replacement either....so what exactly were you trying to say ?
Old 01-23-2009, 10:34 AM
Hoese37

As an owner of a XP Radio component, you are eligible to receive a new replacement at 50% off the current MSRP, on an exchange basis. To receive your new component, follow these steps:

1. Print out the Exchange Form below and fill it out.
2. Mail the Exchange Form to us with your old, worn-out, or broken XP component to:
Associated Electrics, Inc.
26021 Commercentre Dr.
Lake Forest, CA 92630-8853
Attn: Customer Service Dept.

Use of a shipper’s tracking service is highly recommended. Associated Electrics, Inc. is not responsible for goods lost in transit.

Once the completed Exchange Form and component have been received, a Team Associated customer service representative will contact you to arrange a credit card payment of 50% off the current MSRP for that component, an $8.00 shipping charge for orders shipped via UPS Ground (2nd Day and Overnight shipping is available at an additional cost) within the continental U.S. (rates for Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and international orders will vary), plus California sales tax (when applicable). When the payment transaction has been completed, the new component will be sent.

In the event that the exchanged component is out of stock or no longer in production, you will be given the option of receiving a similar product replacement at 50% off its current MSRP

direct from RC10.com
Old 01-23-2009, 01:17 PM
INTEGRA

this is the actual page from the warranty and repairs section.

http://www.rc10.com/misc/warranty.repairs.htm

but for what its worth....its NOT lifetime NOR is it Free.....so why bother.......Hitec has a WAY better policy....you get A new one if they cant fix it....No questions asked...No shipping charges...no worrying about anything.

found this while searching

"Limited Warranty
ASSOCIATED ELECTRICS, INC. AND REEDY WARRANTS PRODUCTS TO BE FREE OF ANY DEFECTS IN MATERIAL OR RESULTING FROM WORKMANSHIP FOR A PERIOD OF NINETY DAYS FROM DATE OF PURCHASE."

Old 01-23-2009, 01:33 PM
jnbryan

ORIGINAL: INTEGRA

NO THEY DO NOT have a lifetime warranty....and there is nothing wrong with the losi 1/8's you just have to know what your doing.
Hey guys, I should be receiving my Losi 8ight RTR today. I've heard of a lot of servo problems. What is the problem, and how do I avoid it or fix it? TIA for any info!!!
Old 01-23-2009, 01:40 PM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: jnbryan

Hey guys, I should be receiving my Losi 8ight RTR today. I've heard of a lot of servo problems. What is the problem, and how do I avoid it or fix it? TIA for any info!!!

did you get the updated radio tray ? if so use it......you'll have to mod the dirt guard a little to clear the bottom case of the servo....and you'll have to either use extra spacer's...or dremel the chassy 1-2mm for the servo to clear and not touch....i suggest the dremeling as your servo will sit at the proper height its supposed to be and not be up an extra 1-2mm and throw out the brake rod angles and stuff....but if you dont feel safe dremeling...then you can just shim it....the dirt guards HAVE to be modded.....next would be the servo saver plastics from the 2.0 its a design that actually works and will ensure your steering servo will survive all the punishment you can throw at it....also the 2.0 anchorman to take out some the of the slop that can develop rather quickly.....there's endless parts you can mod to make the buggy better...but its expensive after a while...but the list does go on....any more Q's...just shoot.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:44 PM
jnbryan

did you get the updated radio tray ? if so use it......you'll have to mod the dirt guard a little to clear the bottom case of the servo....and you'll have to either use extra spacer's...or dremel the chassy 1-2mm for the servo to clear and not touch....i suggest the dremeling as your servo will sit at the proper height its supposed to be and not be up an extra 1-2mm and throw out the brake rod angles and stuff....but if you dont feel safe dremeling...then you can just shim it....the dirt guards HAVE to be modded.....next would be the servo saver plastics from the 2.0 its a design that actually works and will ensure your steering servo will survive all the punishment you can throw at it....also the 2.0 anchorman to take out some the of the slop that can develop rather quickly.....there's endless parts you can mod to make the buggy better...but its expensive after a while...but the list does go on....any more Q's...just shoot.
Thank you for your response! How can I tell if it has the updated radio tray or not? In the instructions there is an addendum for step F-08 (radio tray re/installation), it shows you how to remove the tray and re-install it with two red o-rings installed on the 8-32 x 1/2" screw that goes under the battery box. I can see that the o-rings have been installed. Does this mean I have the updated radio tray? It does look like the throttle/brake servo is touching the dirt guard a little on one end, so I will go ahead and trim the dirt guard. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!
Old 01-24-2009, 12:03 AM
INTEGRA

Thank you for your response! How can I tell if it has the updated radio tray or not? In the instructions there is an addendum for step F-08 (radio tray re/installation), it shows you how to remove the tray and re-install it with two red o-rings installed on the 8-32 x 1/2" screw that goes under the battery box. I can see that the o-rings have been installed. Does this mean I have the updated radio tray? It does look like the throttle/brake servo is touching the dirt guard a little on one end, so I will go ahead and trim the dirt guard. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!

chances are you got an older RTR model...as you would have 2 radio trays and they would be blatantly different from each other....i would suggest getting it before even running the buggy....you can run it how it is...... but for what its worth...i would much rather have the 2.0 tray personally.